Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Intro to Sociology ebook and SL advice
I would like to know if anyone has ever found the Straighterline Into to Sociology book in an ebook format? If so where? I know that most people say it is easier to complete the SL courses with the ebooks. I would also welcome any suggestions you have on the Intro to Sociology and Cultural Anthropology SL courses. Has anyone ever taken the Spanish courses? I would love to hear your opinion on those too.
~*~ Rachel~*~
To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under heaven.
Ec. 3:1

CLEP:
College Mathematics(6)--score 60
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature(6)--score 66
English Composition(6)--score 50
US History I(3)--score 63
US History II(3)--score 67
American Government(3)--score 59
Social Sciences and History(6)--score 58

DSST:
Introduction to Computing(3)--score 440
Management Information Systems(3)UL--score 406

ALEKS:
Beginning Algebra(3)
Intermediate Algebra(3)
College Algebra(3)

Straighter Line:
Intro to sociology
World Religions
Business Ethics
Western Civ. 1
Cultural Anthropology

To God be the glory!
Sociology- Sociology: The Core  2008 8ED, 0077800125 | CourseSmart

Anthropology- Mirror for Humanity: A Concise Introduction to Cultural Anthropology 7th edition by Kottak | 0073531049 | 9780073531045 | Chegg.com

For anthropology, you can either buy the e-textbook, or rent the hardcover and use the included 7day e-book access. I chose the latter. And was able to finish the course in less then 7 days. When the textbook came in the mail, I simply returned it and got a refund.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
Ironheadjack, you have been so amazingly helpful! Thank you! When you say it took you 7 days to finish the course do you mean seven days of grueling work with no breaks... or even time to breathe? In my current situation my parents depend on me quite a bit so I can't just check out for a couple days. How much time did you spend on average each day? Do you do all the reading assignments ect... or just find the answers? Sorry for all the questions. Yes, I am one of those people... the kind that have to know everything before I start a test!
~*~ Rachel~*~
To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under heaven.
Ec. 3:1

CLEP:
College Mathematics(6)--score 60
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature(6)--score 66
English Composition(6)--score 50
US History I(3)--score 63
US History II(3)--score 67
American Government(3)--score 59
Social Sciences and History(6)--score 58

DSST:
Introduction to Computing(3)--score 440
Management Information Systems(3)UL--score 406

ALEKS:
Beginning Algebra(3)
Intermediate Algebra(3)
College Algebra(3)

Straighter Line:
Intro to sociology
World Religions
Business Ethics
Western Civ. 1
Cultural Anthropology

To God be the glory!
Firedup4Jesus Wrote:Ironheadjack, you have been so amazingly helpful! Thank you! When you say it took you 7 days to finish the course do you mean seven days of grueling work with no breaks... or even time to breathe? In my current situation my parents depend on me quite a bit so I can't just check out for a couple days. How much time did you spend on average each day? Sorry for all the questions. Yes, I am one of those people... the kind that have to know everything before I start a test!

Lol, I'm the exact same way.

I would say total time it took me was about ~8 hours. I'm one of those people that once I start something I have to finish. I simply opened each quiz and the book, and searched the book for the answer. IMO, I don't find the lessons in the SL modules very helpful at all, so I just search for the answers.

The only subject where I read the book before the test was Western Civ. II, because it was kicking my butt.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
I totally second Ironheadjack. The modules don't prepare you at all for the test, which is why I rarely watched them. What I did was I'd go right into reading the material, maybe taking a practice quiz, and then doing the graded quizzes. Since the format is open book, you can look up the answers. Be aware, though, that the questions are worded in such a way that you might still have to guess even with the book. Read the book with a highlight pen, and mark the concepts you think will be asked. I always marked the bolded or italicized words, since those concepts usually will be referred to in the tests. Use the index liberally.

If you don't have a whole lot of time, spend an hour reading the assignments, then later set aside the required time for the tests. Doing each course in a week is totally doable, even on a restricted schedule.
A.A. General Studies- TESC, 2013
B.A. History, TESC, 2014 - Arnold Fletcher Award - 4.0 GPA
M.A. Government, Security Studies - Johns Hopkins University, Class of 2018.

Straighterline - 26 courses, including English Comp. I & II, Western Civilization I & II, U.S. History I & II, Intro. to Sociology, Intro to Philosophy, Cultural Anthropology, Environmental Science, Science of Nutrition, Business Law, Financial Accounting, etc.

ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra

CLEP: Humanities 56, Social Sciences and History 58

FEMA: 6 credits

DSST: Civil War and Reconstruction 71, Introduction to Vietnam War 69, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 64, Modern Middle East 71.

TESC courses: War and American Society (A), Liberal Arts Capstone (A).

120/120! I'm there!

"Another day has passed and I didn't use Algebra once."
" Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
Hi!

Do you have any insight you would like to share regarding Intro to Philosophy? I just finished my first quiz.

Thanks

corpsole2 Wrote:I totally second Ironheadjack. The modules don't prepare you at all for the test, which is why I rarely watched them. What I did was I'd go right into reading the material, maybe taking a practice quiz, and then doing the graded quizzes. Since the format is open book, you can look up the answers. Be aware, though, that the questions are worded in such a way that you might still have to guess even with the book. Read the book with a highlight pen, and mark the concepts you think will be asked. I always marked the bolded or italicized words, since those concepts usually will be referred to in the tests. Use the index liberally.

If you don't have a whole lot of time, spend an hour reading the assignments, then later set aside the required time for the tests. Doing each course in a week is totally doable, even on a restricted schedule.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 618 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,571 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  eBook Bundles pluggingalong 2 396 10-31-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,164 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,025 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 952 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 1,971 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,046 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 682 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 948 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir