Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SNHU Online vs Liberty Online?
Scenario= transferring in 90 credits towards Business Degree.

Pros/Cons of either school? Both seem to have a reputable online environment, ACBSP accredited, 8-week classes. SNHU online is $320/credit, Liberty $390/credit BUT there is a 15% Sophia scholarship for Liberty bringing it to $330/credit.

Liberty may have more financial aid?

Experiences with either school to share?

Thanks so much!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clepper43's post:
  • ajwilli2
Well they both accept ACE and I think they both agreements with Straighterline, study.com, etc. I'd look at the agreements and how you can map it out for max transfer.

I feel like SNHU has a better reputation. But could be wrong. Liberty is a christian school, and you don't have to christian to attend it. But they make you take a couple bible classes for any degree. (I think you get one waived if you transfer in a ton of credits.) If you aren't religious or Christian that could liberty less desirable.

Also, if you can find all or do all your credits though ACE, liberty offers challenge exams. Kind of like teceps for only $130, but it counts as transfer credit. But still good to have. I don't think SNHU offers this, but maybe could take liberty challenge exams and transfer them to SNHU.

Another good option might University Maryland Global Campus. They offer 4 and 8 week online courses. In state rate if you take 4 Straighterline courses. And accept 90 credits and they take study.com, sophia, straighterline and more. Just a thought if decide against Liberty or SNHU.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • Clepper43, ss20ts
I don't know what kind of fees SNHU might sneak in there (better check on it) but Liberty has over 100$ "technology fee" then a materials fee and a couple other b.s. fees tacked onto the tuition. So it's significantly more expensive than just the rate for credit-hour cost.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Clepper43, harrypotter
(08-09-2020, 11:40 PM)raycathode Wrote: I don't know what kind of fees SNHU might sneak in there (better check on it) but Liberty has over 100$ "technology fee" then a materials fee and a couple other b.s. fees tacked onto the tuition. So it's significantly more expensive than just the rate for credit-hour cost.

Nice catch - yes I see $199/semester fee for tech - 3x a year.

So far I don't see any SNHU fees.
They also have Course Fees: https://www.liberty.edu/student-financia...040-UG.pdf

And some b.s. called "inclusive access" fees. (That's a new one.): https://www.liberty.edu/student-financia...072320.pdf

Not sure if they're both applied or one or the other or what the situation is. Never dealt with them. Just happened to be poking around the other day and saw the fees.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Clepper43
One is in the media frequently in a negative light and the other one isn't. One requires classes on the bible which for many people is fine and for many people isn't fine. If you don't mind lining the pockets of the Falwell family, then you know which to choose. If you don't want to line their pockets, then you also know which to choose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Clepper43
(08-10-2020, 12:00 PM)raycathode Wrote: And some b.s. called "inclusive access" fees. (That's a new one.): https://www.liberty.edu/student-financia...072320.pdf

Liberty U inclusive access means you get to unzip your pants, pull the shirt up and get access from what I am seeing in the press. I guess you have to pay for that now :-)
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(08-10-2020, 05:50 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 12:00 PM)raycathode Wrote: And some b.s. called "inclusive access" fees. (That's a new one.): https://www.liberty.edu/student-financia...072320.pdf

Liberty U inclusive access means you get to unzip your pants, pull the shirt up and get access from what I am seeing in the press. I guess you have to pay for that now :-)
*rimshot* Heyooooooooo!!

If I was in charge of the Dept. of Education, I'd make a federal rule that all fees must be included in the tuition figure, and graduation fees would be banned.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Clepper43, samiam
(08-11-2020, 01:38 PM)raycathode Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 05:50 PM)cerich67 Wrote:

*rimshot* Heyooooooooo!!

If I was in charge of the Dept. of Education, I'd make a federal rule that all fees must be included in the tuition figure, and graduation fees would be banned.

Some colleges charge as much in fees as they do in tuition. Many state schools are like this to make up for the "lack" of state funding. You ALWAYS have to read the fine print and watch those fees.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Clepper43
I'd avoid Liberty like the plague. They majorly screwed me over last minute before classes started. I'm now scrambling to beg my previous school to take me back this term. The transfer scholarships are nice but they have horrible support. So much for a "Christian" school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mlaifl's post:
  • samiam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 926 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 761 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any online colleges with recorded or live video lectures? whiverem 15 965 11-17-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: whiverem
  Using Guild for CS at SNHU Yoloangie40 17 1,614 09-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SNHU vs UMPI? Duneranger 10 1,018 09-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  SNHU new gen ed requirements jdubley 63 5,523 08-20-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  My experience at SNHU as a BS Finance major neilsf 12 1,683 08-18-2023, 11:25 AM
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 977 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,234 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,153 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM