Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNHU full Scholarship Freshmen this fall
This is a pretty cool deal if you are in the right position for it. And if you can commit to the other 3 years at regular price?

https://www.snhu.edu/admission/campus-ad...nouncement
(04-23-2020, 08:28 AM)Clepper43 Wrote: This is a pretty cool deal if you are in the right position for it. And if you can commit to the other 3 years at regular price?

I'd be interested to learn what happens if you drop out after year 1?  You can't come in with more than 12cr, but you could certainly start taking them after you enroll - unless they won't take them?  I want to see the fine print for this.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
LOL, I read that twice and still don't understand how it works, the scholarship is for campus students only but they're allowing the students to take completely ONLINE courses. It's pretty good as you just need to pay a much more discounted rate than previously, I wonder if there is an option to "tweak" this...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
From what I can see on the website it says  (pleasingly) 1) you can transfer out after one year with no further obligation and 2) the rest of the degree costs are discounted to $10k a year (so year 1 free, years 2-4 $10k each. It is on campus which is $9K - $10K for living UNLESS you can commute which is allowed. In that case, your scholarship would make your tuition costs zero.

Another item of note is the on-campus student population is about 3,000 and only 1,050 scholarships are available. For students who are already accepted, they are probably hustling to get their names in the hat. I feel sorry for the other 2,000 students who don't qualify. I doubt anyone who hasn't applied and been accepted would stand much of a chance at getting a scholarship.

They are at least anticipating that students and their families may be taking a long hard look at the financial feasibility of attending college this fall with so many unemployed at the moment. It will be interesting to see if other schools do anything similar as the fall looms.
I can't understand why anyone would want to live on campus but take all of their classes online. No thank you.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43, indigoshuffle, natshar
(04-23-2020, 04:28 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: From what I can see on the website it says  (pleasingly) 1) you can transfer out after one year with no further obligation and 2) the rest of the degree costs are discounted to $10k a year (so year 1 free, years 2-4 $10k each. It is on campus which is $9K - $10K for living UNLESS you can commute which is allowed. In that case, your scholarship would make your tuition costs zero.

Another item of note is the on-campus student population is about 3,000 and only 1,050 scholarships are available. For students who are already accepted, they are probably hustling to get their names in the hat. I feel sorry for the other 2,000 students who don't qualify. I doubt anyone who hasn't applied and been accepted would stand much of a chance at getting a scholarship.

They are at least anticipating that students and their families may be taking a long hard look at the financial feasibility of attending college this fall with so many unemployed at the moment. It will be interesting to see if other schools do anything similar as the fall looms.

It said didn't just say that only 1050 scholarships are available but it said the whole freshman class is limited to 1050 students. At least that's how I read it.

Of course, SNHU can still retain larger numbers for their adult learners online in other states. But for traditional students who desire at least some of the "college experience," they are accepting fewer students. I wonder if other schools will follow the same boat for this.

Additionally, it said that financial aid can used towards housing if you get aid.

An idea would be to come in with a semesters worth of credits and then take the max load every semester. With that, one might be able to graduate in three years instead of four.

(04-23-2020, 06:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I can't understand why anyone would want to live on campus but take all of their classes online.  No thank you.

I 100% agree. In fact, I know many people who, if courses are online in the fall even if they open the campus back up simply will drop out of school entirely or high school seniors who will take a gap year or forget college entirely.
(04-23-2020, 06:22 PM)natshar Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:28 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: From what I can see on the website it says  (pleasingly) 1) you can transfer out after one year with no further obligation and 2) the rest of the degree costs are discounted to $10k a year (so year 1 free, years 2-4 $10k each. It is on campus which is $9K - $10K for living UNLESS you can commute which is allowed. In that case, your scholarship would make your tuition costs zero.

It said didn't just say that only 1050 scholarships are available but it said the whole freshman class is limited to 1050 students. At least that's how I read it.

Of course, SNHU can still retain larger numbers for their adult learners online in other states. But for traditional students who desire at least some of the "college experience," they are accepting fewer students. I wonder if other schools will follow the same boat for this.

Additionally, it said that financial aid can used towards housing if you get aid.

An idea would be to come in with a semesters worth of credits and then take the max load every semester. With that, one might be able to graduate in three years instead of four.

(04-23-2020, 06:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I can't understand why anyone would want to live on campus but take all of their classes online.  No thank you.

I 100% agree. In fact, I know many people who, if courses are online in the fall even if they open the campus back up simply will drop out of school entirely or high school seniors who will take a gap year or forget college entirely.

I am certain my daughter will take a year off if she has to do online - that is, if she can find a job!  We might have to think about sending her to live with relatives in NC if the state opens up, since we plan to move there in 2 years, and she can work for a year and get residency there.
(04-23-2020, 08:28 AM)Clepper43 Wrote: This is a pretty cool deal if you are in the right position for it. And if you can commit to the other 3 years at regular price?

https://www.unionleader.com/news/health/...d375d.html

This is an article about SNHU tuition, I believe it will reflect 2021-2022 tuition, it would be nice if sooner.
(12-08-2020, 10:31 PM)Seagull Wrote:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/health/...d375d.html

This is an article about SNHU tuition, I believe it will reflect 2021-2022 tuition, it would be nice if sooner.

This should really be a new thread! Completely new model. Awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 944 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  Using Guild for CS at SNHU Yoloangie40 17 1,619 09-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SNHU vs UMPI? Duneranger 10 1,021 09-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  SNHU new gen ed requirements jdubley 63 5,536 08-20-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  My experience at SNHU as a BS Finance major neilsf 12 1,689 08-18-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 979 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,237 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SNHU Free Elective Suggestion chipNdale2077 4 2,292 10-27-2022, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Max Sophia credits for SNHU eviliphone63 9 3,430 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
  UMGC or SNHU Computer Science program. coryjunior19 8 4,354 09-24-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: tuckerarabi786