Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNHU or Excelsior College?
Hi, I plan to apply the online BSc computer science in SNHU. 

I'm also considering applying to BSc IT of Excelsior College, but I heard that SNHU gives relatively high grades to students, about 25% of them get a 4.0. I wonder if this is true? If it is true, I would not hesitate to choose SNHU.

Do you have any friends who have studied in these two programs to talk about the difficulty of the courses?

Also, if I attend SNHU, do I need to buy textbooks for many classes? Are textbooks very expensive? I am concerned that this will greatly increase the cost of completing my degree.

Thanks for the reply.
What are your goals? Why are you getting this degree? I ask because Computer Science and Information Technology are similar but they are not the same degree. Broadly speaking, you will not always be able to get the same jobs with an IT degree as you would with a CS degree (or vice versa). Knowing your career goals ahead of time will help make the choice easier.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-29-2022, 04:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote: What are your goals? Why are you getting this degree? I ask because Computer Science and Information Technology are similar but they are not the same degree. Broadly speaking, you will not always be able to get the same jobs with an IT degree as you would with a CS degree (or vice versa). Knowing your career goals ahead of time will help make the choice easier.

I want to get a higher grade to apply for my master's degree.
Which Master's degree are you wanting to apply to? Some of them will specifically want one degree over another.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@lulu2022, you really need to provide us more details for anyone to help you further. I highly recommend following the template provided to you in the forum thread just above the one you started, here's the link and the info you should provide: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
At SNHU, rubrics are ridiculously weighted in the student's favor in many instances.

For example, if an assignment is 30 points, the grading options are 30, 28, 25, or 0.

It would be rare for any professor to score a 0, and if they did, you could redo the assignment and turn it in again.

Professors are trained to give students 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances. If you know how to work the system, getting a GPA of 3.9+ is easy.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
@lulu2020 - 美女, SNHU 还可以,但是,UMPI 更好, 别客气. Hey beautiful, SNHU is OK, but UMPI is better, You're welcome.

SNH is online, private school, somewhat more expensive than UMPI in the long run. Both are equally easy to get good grades since you're looking at the Masters in the end. But as a I mentioned earlier, it's best to provide us all your info, we don't need to know your personal details, but details in the template I've sent you twice. Which Masters, as asked a couple times now? Girlfriend... The more answers, the more we can help!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 125 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 6 486 02-17-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  College choice KnowledgeQuest 9 641 01-30-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: KnowledgeQuest
  online community college pathway to asu bs mech engg galactus 9 604 01-08-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Help, degree plan for Excelsior BS in IT LuisaKönig 5 476 01-04-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Central Texas College Melhux 0 210 12-11-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Melhux
  Mature student seeks help with college credit/bypassing courses. Psychology oriented. Cyath 27 2,341 11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  BA in Computer Science - SNHU lsantil 11 1,110 11-05-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: lsantil
  Which College/Degree? A lot of credits. dillpickles 117 8,087 10-28-2023, 10:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77