Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO much in common
I have been going to school for the past twenty years. Being active duty military I would get moved every three years. Or the program I was in would be canceled. I finally got the chance to get enrolled in EarmyU. Which is pretty good, but it takes twelve weeks to do one online class and there is little interaction between teacher and student. Then I decided to CLEP out of Humanities because I was in Band and Music for 8 years. Then I found instacert and started hitting all the General Ed classes. I try to encourage my soldiers to try, got a couple of nibbles, but no bites yet. All of them could pass the Computer stuff with their eyes closed.
I have had some people question the degree method but not many. I am not worried about them!
snazzlefrag Wrote:"Boy! This is a long hard slog!"

She just laughed and said, "What are you talking about? You only started in November!"

I can totally see her point!

But it does get exhausting studying for one test after another. It is certainly NOT a walk in the park. It is not something that just anybody could do successfully.
my husband and i agree. we call it 'grinding it out'! when i first started this endeavor in february, i was excited and i wanted to learn and retain it all. my idealism is fading away. this is a lot of work, but doable. i laugh whenever i think of this: the binge and purge method. that's the way i'm starting to do things. it's about getting the job done. as i've said before, i'm not getting any younger.
anar579 Wrote:I think you're right about your friend! I've encountered this so much that I've sort of stopped telling people about how I'm getting my degree. Don't be fooled, you're not cheating yourself out of anything. If you have the ability to learn the same material some professor is ranting on and on about for 12 weeks with a class full of 20 year olds, why not just take a test and save yourself the time, money, and torment. Congratulations on starting again, you'll do great!
Thank you for the support. It's good to know that there are others out there with the same goals. I am really looking forward to get started with my degree. I hope that I can do as well as all of you when it comes to taking my exams.
MRodrigo Wrote:Thank you for the support. It's good to know that there are others out there with the same goals. I am really looking forward to get started with my degree. I hope that I can do as well as all of you when it comes to taking my exams.

MRodrigo -
You can absolutely do well. You've found a great study tool with tons of support. It takes a few exams to sorta get the hang of how it works, but then your off and running. Good luck - it's totaly worth the effort.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
libartsmgr Wrote:MRodrigo -
You can absolutely do well. You've found a great study tool with tons of support. It takes a few exams to sorta get the hang of how it works, but then your off and running. Good luck - it's totaly worth the effort.
As Libartsmgr. said you'll find lots of support here from all of us taveling on the same road of Clep and Dantes testing together. Generally if you post it..they shall come! Good luck and let us know if we can help as we will also look for your help as well.hilarious
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,494 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  Most common majors (Bachelors) bjcheung77 14 1,596 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Two days before clep: Please list common mistakes; all replies welcomed jgbenjamin 4 1,040 04-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Last Post: NAP
  What are some CLEP/DANTES that are easy to pass based on common sense? mistae 2 937 09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Last Post: JanusthePhoenix
  Common-Size, Common Base Year on DSST P. of Finance? mstcrow5429 0 787 04-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Last Post: mstcrow5429