Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO much in common
anar579 Wrote:Maybe when she's done with her Psych. class, show her a sample CLEP Psych test, and tell her it took you a week or less to learn the material to pass it. Maybe that will give her some perspective.

Good idea anar!

I originally tried to get her to go for the Intro to Sociology exam, loaned her the REA book for it, and offered to help her prepare. But she didn't make a move on it.

Relating the CLEP content to the exact same course she just spent four months working on may just do the trick.
Y'all all make such good points! I can not imagine spending the next who knows how many years finishing my degree 3 or 6 hours at a time. Life is too short for that. Like Anar, I want to have this done!

I think that I am incredibly lucky to have found IC and even luckier to be able to communicate with others who are in the same boat. I think it was Shoto who said independent study doesn't have to be so independent.

I got valuable info here that totally helped me pass my Civil War exam!! I don't know if I would have otherwise, I was really stressed about it.

I have two coworkers who are going to a brick & mortar school, and I know they discount my learning, but it's a real degree from a real accredited school, and I, like many of y'all don't want to have to defend it. They just don't get it. :confused: Once we're done and we have our degrees, it won't matter any more, it's just now while were in school that people say things.

Rbowman, I agree, I thank everyone for participating on the boards!Smile

Oh, and I've tried to post on the EC boards as well and it really is like talking to yourself. I was suprised and disappointed by it.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
libartsmgr Wrote:Oh, and I've tried to post on the EC boards as well and it really is like talking to yourself. I was suprised and disappointed by it.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Echo-Echo-Echo - Is anyone out there on the EC boards?????

LOL - Big Grin [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Echo-Echo-Echo - Is anyone out there on the EC boards?????

LOL - Big Grin [/COLOR][/SIZE]

hilarious No joke!!!!! That's exactly how it feels!
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
libartsmgr Wrote:hilarious No joke!!!!! That's exactly how it feels!

[SIZE="3"]I know - I've been looking for life there for months - Last name of Fey....Sad [/SIZE]
Hello All,

This is my first time on the board. I am heading back to school after a 10 year hiatus! I wish I had known about this site sooner. I would have definitely tested out of as many courses before starting. I have a co-worker who thinks that you are not cheating yourself out of the knowledge taught in class. I think she's just sour that it took over 5 years to earn her degree. I'm looking to avoid that. Besides, savings thousands wouldn't hurt either - LOL!
MRodrigo Wrote:Hello All,

This is my first time on the board. I am heading back to school after a 10 year hiatus! I wish I had known about this site sooner. I would have definitely tested out of as many courses before starting. I have a co-worker who thinks that you are not cheating yourself out of the knowledge taught in class. I think she's just sour that it took over 5 years to earn her degree. I'm looking to avoid that. Besides, savings thousands wouldn't hurt either - LOL!
I think you're right about your friend! I've encountered this so much that I've sort of stopped telling people about how I'm getting my degree. Don't be fooled, you're not cheating yourself out of anything. If you have the ability to learn the same material some professor is ranting on and on about for 12 weeks with a class full of 20 year olds, why not just take a test and save yourself the time, money, and torment. Congratulations on starting again, you'll do great!
MRodrigo Wrote:Hello All,

[SIZE="2"]Welcome back to the pursuit and completion of your degree. IC is by far second to none in providing you the tools to get the job done and trust me you will have to do some work that will never make you feel like your "cheating yourself" out of anything. GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:Welcome back to the pursuit and completion of your degree. IC is by far second to none in providing you the tools to get the job done and trust me you will have to do some work that will never make you feel like your "cheating yourself" out of anything. GOOD LUCK!!

After taking Ethics in America this afternoon, I am now exactly half way through my degree.

This evening I was looking at all the exams I have taken so far (61 credits worth), and also at all the exams I still have to take. I said to my wife, "Boy! This is a long hard slog!"

She just laughed and said, "What are you talking about? You only started in November!"

I can totally see her point!

But it does get exhausting studying for one test after another. It is certainly NOT a walk in the park. It is not something that just anybody could do successfully.

Yes, I have earned 61 credits in only six months....but I have had to work darn hard to achieve that. Most students take about 5 different subjects per semester because studying any more subjects than that would cause burnout.....and yet we here regularly study 5 different subjects a month. Heck, I have studied 5 different subjects in ONE WEEK before...and passed....and earned all A's.

I'm proud of that! I'm proud of the fact that I am able to earn my degree this way because I know that many people could not!

I always knew I was smart enough to earn a degree, I just never got the opportunity. Well now I do have the opportunity, and I am going for it. Nay-sayers be damned: I am getting my degree! I'm proud of myself!

I'm proud...and so should all of you be!

We're accomplishing so much in such a short time. It is so much hard work, and yet we are doing it. We are succeeding! We are thriving!

When those 'normal' college students have earned 61 credits in six months; have studied for, and passed 19 different subjects in six months....then.....maybe....maybe then I might listen to what they have to say!

Until then....screw 'em! I'm getting my degree! Dammit!
hilarious
We are all in this boat together.. except it's not the slow boat to China that our bricks and mortar friends feel comfortable in paying for so dearly in time and monies. We'll be in Scotland before them..isn't that how the ole' song goes. Hey, by the time that finish paying for college they'll feel like they took a slow cruise boat to China and paid thru the nose to get there!!!!hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,595 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  Most common majors (Bachelors) bjcheung77 14 1,619 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Two days before clep: Please list common mistakes; all replies welcomed jgbenjamin 4 1,060 04-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Last Post: NAP
  What are some CLEP/DANTES that are easy to pass based on common sense? mistae 2 963 09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Last Post: JanusthePhoenix
  Common-Size, Common Base Year on DSST P. of Finance? mstcrow5429 0 794 04-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Last Post: mstcrow5429