Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS 110 Course Work
Hello I'm back with another inquiry. So I'm currently taking Bus 421 capstone and it's going well but there is so much writing, but it's cool, I was expecting it. I'm starting SOS 110 next week and I wanted to get an idea of workload, mainly writing assignments, how many, word count and any other details that can be shared without breaking any rules.
It's about half the workload or less from the Capstone.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
There's a video presentation also that you'll have to complete. I was basically 2 big papers and the video pres and some smaler assignments here and there. You have to do this Pearson MyLab Foundation which is an additional cost of $30.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(01-29-2020, 02:44 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: There's a video presentation also that you'll have to complete. I was basically 2 big papers and the video pres and some smaler assignments here and there. You have to do this Pearson MyLab Foundation which is an additional cost of $30.

This might have been a different course.  SOS-110 was 7 writing assignments and discussions with a few quiz's and other assignments then the final paper.  The final paper is only 1000 words and the others gradually get bigger.  Overally, not a hard class and a lot less time consuming than the Capstone.  The MyLab Foundation is $30 and make sure you do you best on it the first time so you don't have to take any additional tests.
(01-29-2020, 02:44 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: There's a video presentation also that you'll have to complete. I was basically 2 big papers and the video pres and some smaler assignments here and there. You have to do this Pearson MyLab Foundation which is an additional cost of $30.
Video presentation?  Who was your proffesor?

(01-29-2020, 02:54 PM)darthweezy Wrote:

This might have been a different course.  SOS-110 was 7 writing assignments and discussions with a few quiz's and other assignments then the final paper.  The final paper is only 1000 words and the others gradually get bigger.  Overally, not a hard class and a lot less time consuming than the Capstone.  The MyLab Foundation is $30 and make sure you do you best on it the first time so you don't have to take any additional tests.
Thanks, so the 7 assignments are less than 1000 words, good. Are the assignments related to the final project, for example if the subject I choose for paper 1 must relate to assignment let's say 3, 4 or final?
(01-29-2020, 03:42 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
Video presentation?  Who was your proffesor?

Thanks, so the 7 assignments are less than 1000 words, good. Are the assignments related to the final project, for example if the subject I choose for paper 1 must relate to assignment let's say 3, 4 or final?

All of them are related. Some looser than others. There is a LinkedIn profile assignment which doesn't help with the final paper and then there was one other. But if you gear all of them towards the final paper like you do in the Capstone it'll help. I wish I had done it the way the Capstone is set up because it would have made things easier but even without doing it that way it was still an easy course all things considered.

YES, you are right, I just went back and looked at the class - there were more than 2 big papers but the assignments were smaller pieces. 

We had to do an oral/video presentation too. I want to say that was something fairly recent to the syllabus though.

I had Prof Heit and it was OL, not GS. He was a little on the nitpicky side.
Started June 2022

Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(01-29-2020, 04:40 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:

YES, you are right, I just went back and looked at the class - there were more than 2 big papers but the assignments were smaller pieces. 

We had to do an oral/video presentation too. I want to say that was something fairly recent to the syllabus though.

I had Prof Heit and it was OL, not GS. He was a little on the nitpicky side.

Thanks for sharing this information. I'm about a week to 10 days ahead of my capstone schedule so  I think the course work for sos-110 might be doable with less stress. How long is the video presentation and what subject? In regards to the LinkedIn profile, does it have to be real or fake? I already have a profile, so I;m wondering if I can just submit my current one...that would be too easy
I didn't have a video presentation in mine and I just finished this week. Maybe different profs change their course up a bit or there's a difference in the guided vs. online. Honestly, it's a breeze compared to Capstone. You *SHOULD* be able to use most of the same material that you wrote in the Capstone course, just make sure you don't self plagiarize.

As for the LinkedIn profile... Mine pretty much was in line with what the course wanted set up so I used my real one without editing.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
(01-30-2020, 01:14 AM)darthweezy Wrote: I didn't have a video presentation in mine and I just finished this week. Maybe different profs change their course up a bit or there's a difference in the guided vs. online. Honestly, it's a breeze compared to Capstone. You *SHOULD* be able to use most of the same material that you wrote in the Capstone course, just make sure you don't self plagiarize.

As for the LinkedIn profile... Mine pretty much was in line with what the course wanted set up so I used my real one without editing.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Did you take guided study or online? 

Mitmike - let me dig up the syllabus and I’ll tell you. Give me a bit.

This was in Module 6

Presentation Assignment
Perform research to create a brief presentation (between 2 and 5 minutes) about how you currently use or anticipate using technology in your field. Include information about how you plan to remain current in the technology used for your field. For your presentation, use Kaltura Capture with video and screen recording.

I forgot to mention that yes, I used my own for the LI profile piece.

Hope this helps!
Started June 2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will SDC Ethics in the Social Sciences work for the ethics requirements? studyingfortests 3 749 09-23-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Work for TESU rachel83az 2 654 07-27-2021, 03:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU & Sophia's Communication @ Work course? Dorothy44 48 5,706 01-28-2021, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How does the residency wavier free work? natshar 8 1,565 05-16-2019, 10:18 PM
Last Post: saraholson