Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS-110 | Second-degree bachelor’s students are exempt
Hi All,

If I complete the BABA (Project Mgmt & Supply Chain Mgmt) from UMPI($2800), will I be exempt from SOS-110?

Then, I will complete ten courses in statistics.com($4800) for my BS in Data Science. In addition, I will pay a non-resident fee of $3200.

Thanks

SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy Institutional Requirement Policy

Effective July 1, 2019, all undergraduate (associate and bachelor’s degree-seeking) students will be required to complete SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy at TESU as an online course. Second-degree bachelor’s students are exempt from this requirement. As of the effective date, TESU will no longer accept transfer credits toward completion of this requirement.
------------------

I don't know why you would do that. SOS-110 is about $1500. It's cheaper than the UMPI BABA. Also, hasn't it already been mentioned that you have a foreign degree? If you do, the foreign degree counts as your first and UMPI would count as your second so you wouldn't be allowed to get a third from TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • akr680
Since I already have SOS-110 in my first degree I do not have to take it again for the second. Now there may be other classes that this will not apply to.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • akr680
You seem to be all over the place. You really need to pick a program and work on that degree. One degree at a time. If you already have a degree - even a foreign one - you need to see how this will impact you before doing anything else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • akr680
Initially, I applied for M.S. in Data Analytics from WGU. However, my foreign degree was not considered as a 4-year equivalent U.S. degree based on the evaluation result. That's why I started with a Bachelor's degree.

"The applicant has earned the equivalent of a U.S. technical high school diploma from a recognized high school and five years of undergraduate study from a regionally accredited college or university."
------------------

(08-06-2021, 05:04 PM)akr680 Wrote: Initially, I applied for M.S. in Data Analytics from WGU. However, my foreign degree was not considered as a 4-year equivalent U.S. degree based on the evaluation result. That's why I started with a Bachelor's degree.

"The applicant has earned the equivalent of a U.S. technical high school diploma from a recognized high school and five years of undergraduate study from a regionally accredited college or university."

Then I would pick 1 bachelor's degree and see how your degree will transfer in or impact you earning multiple degrees in the US. Baby steps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • akr680
Hmm, we need to re-evaluate everything - I recall your details and the advice I have for you is, skip TESU altogether (even though they're a very good state school to get your undergrad from, you don't need it). You have a foreign BBA, and you want an IT/Engineering degree to follow along with the cousins. Sure, you can get a Masters in IT by going to Purdue Global, they have an Exceltrack option that's competency based.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(08-06-2021, 05:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, we need to re-evaluate everything - I recall your details and the advice I have for you is, skip TESU altogether (even though they're a very good state school to get your undergrad from, you don't need it).  You have a foreign BBA, and you want an IT/Engineering degree to follow along with the cousins.  Sure, you can get a Masters in IT by going to Purdue Global, they have an Exceltrack option that's competency based.

Thanks for the support. I am not eligible for a Masters in IT based on my Indian BBA.

The challenge with the Indian degrees is other than the Engineering degree everything else is a 3-year duration.
------------------

Which evaluator did you use? Different evaluators give different results. If you used WES, it might be worth getting it evaluated at ACEI or ECE instead to see what they say before you potentially waste time that you didn't need to waste.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-06-2021, 05:54 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 05:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, we need to re-evaluate everything - I recall your details and the advice I have for you is, skip TESU altogether (even though they're a very good state school to get your undergrad from, you don't need it).  You have a foreign BBA, and you want an IT/Engineering degree to follow along with the cousins.  Sure, you can get a Masters in IT by going to Purdue Global, they have an Exceltrack option that's competency based.

Thanks for the support. I am not eligible for a Masters in IT based on my Indian BBA.

The challenge with the Indian degrees is other than the Engineering degree everything else is a 3-year duration.

If that doesn't work, go for Don Bosco MSIT. They're really affordable, a very good option since it is accredited and recognized.

Note: I have had many people ask me why their degrees when evaluated (a Bachelors & Masters) show as a 4 year undergrad and 1 year grad, it's just how evaluators think, they believe a degree is 4 years and because you're laddering an extra two years, it's just 1 year graduate school. You're not the only one...

Oh one more thing, I think applying to Purdue Global is free. The only cost to you is the transcripts, you can apply and ask before you send in your transcripts, or even ask before applying... There really isn't anything stopping you except "policies", and some policies are weird... ask, find out more and then decide on the degree/school... again, some schools have FREE applications. Link: https://www.purdueglobal.edu/enrollment-application/

Last but not least, what I tell people is that there are "conditional acceptance" and "unconditional acceptance", if you're not missing any requirements you're in the unconditional stage... if you're missing one or more requirements, some schools will accept you into the program but you need to "make up" those requirements. Ask Purdue or whatever school you choose, to see if they will allow you in, some schools will monitor how you do in the first few courses as those may be "bridging" courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 589 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 489 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 517 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 397 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 373 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 339 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 298 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 659 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 621 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 5,013 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1