Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS-110 at TESU enrollment...
I'm not seeing many threads on TESU's newly adapted/changed SOS-110 anymore, it would be nice to hear some professor recommendations for the new version of the class. 

I made this thread to ask a general enrollment question. Due to my current financial situation I will not be able to sign up for SOS-110 until mid to late October for the November term. My question is, do you think the November starting time will fill up by mid October? Am I cutting it too close? Thanks to everyone who replies.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • JerseyDan
I don’t think you’ll have any problem signing up. Just barely started the class this week, and there were plenty of slots in mid August for September. It is only day 2 of the class, but Jordan is the professor and is actively commenting on the forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mousebouncer's post:
  • AwardTour
(09-03-2019, 02:04 PM)Mousebouncer Wrote: I don’t think you’ll have any problem signing up. Just barely started the class this week, and there were plenty of slots in mid August for September. It is only day 2 of the class, but Jordan is the professor and is actively commenting on the forum.

Great, thanks for the reply. I might send you a message to check on your opinion of that professor right before I sign up. If everything is good then I will probably select the same professor.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(09-01-2019, 06:57 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I'm not seeing many threads on TESU's newly adapted/changed SOS-110 anymore, it would be nice to hear some professor recommendations for the new version of the class. 

I made this thread to ask a general enrollment question. Due to my current financial situation I will not be able to sign up for SOS-110 until mid to late October for the November term. My question is, do you think the November starting time will fill up by mid October? Am I cutting it too close? Thanks to everyone who replies.

You should be ok, people drop classes at the last minute all the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JerseyDan's post:
  • AwardTour
You should be fine, this is probably their most common course, for this October, I noticed there were about 10 online classes, that's about 150 students right there... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...he-SOS-110
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm taking it in October with J. Heit.

Let me know if you are taking it too!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(09-10-2019, 03:22 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: I'm taking it in October with J. Heit.

Let me know if you are taking it too!

I won't be taking it until November. I will be signing up for it probably around mid-October. So, you will be about one month ahead of me. If you think that professor seems good then I might sign up for the same professor (assuming they are available). 

I wonder if one professor teaches the same class at different sign-up intervals at TESU? For example, lets say there is a class that starts in October and a class that starts in November. I wonder if one professor teaches multiple classes that have separate start and finish points? I know in a regular/traditional format a single professor has multiple classes to teach, but they all start and stop at the same time in a semester. 

Either way, good luck!

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Thanks! I’m cleared for the Nov capstone so I’m signing up for it as soon as reg starts. This is going to be a very busy holiday season!

I’ll keep you posted!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(09-11-2019, 05:29 AM)suzycupcake Wrote: Thanks!  I’m cleared for the Nov capstone so I’m signing up for it  as soon as reg starts. This is going to be a very busy holiday season!

I’ll keep you posted!
I looked up the different professors on ratemyproffessor.com. Was pretty helpful, I was able to avoid the super tough teachers for SOS-110

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch