Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS-110 at TESU enrollment...
I'm not seeing many threads on TESU's newly adapted/changed SOS-110 anymore, it would be nice to hear some professor recommendations for the new version of the class. 

I made this thread to ask a general enrollment question. Due to my current financial situation I will not be able to sign up for SOS-110 until mid to late October for the November term. My question is, do you think the November starting time will fill up by mid October? Am I cutting it too close? Thanks to everyone who replies.
[93 Credits Earned Total]
TESU BSBA-CIS {87 of 120 SH Completed}
TESU ASNSM-Computer Science {55 of 61 SH Completed}
TESU ASBA {48 of 60 SH Completed}
-----------------------------------------------------
Free Credits: TEEX Cybersecurity (6cr) NFA (1cr) Insurance Ethics 312 (2cr) Sophia DE Teams & EOM Conflict (2cr)

ALEKS: College Algebra (3cr)

SOPHIA: Psychology(3cr) Sociology(3cr) Human Biology(3cr) Intro to Information Technology(3cr)
Statistics(3cr) Macroeconomics(3cr) Microeconomics(3cr) English Composition I (3cr) Visual Communications(3cr)
Art History I(3cr) Environmental Science(3cr) Student Success(1cr) Accounting(3cr) Project Management(3cr) Ethics(3cr)
Ancient Greek Philosophers(3cr) Approaches to Studying Religions(3cr) US History I(3cr) US History II(3cr)

STUDY.COM: COM120(3cr) CS109(3cr) CS102(3cr) CS103(3cr) CS303(3cr UL) ENG105(3cr) BUS101(3cr) ACC102(3cr)     

TESU:...
currently working on: Study.com American Government (done, waiting for results from proctor) & Signing up for SOS-110 mid Oct.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • JerseyDan
I don’t think you’ll have any problem signing up. Just barely started the class this week, and there were plenty of slots in mid August for September. It is only day 2 of the class, but Jordan is the professor and is actively commenting on the forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mousebouncer's post:
  • AwardTour
(09-03-2019, 02:04 PM)Mousebouncer Wrote: I don’t think you’ll have any problem signing up. Just barely started the class this week, and there were plenty of slots in mid August for September. It is only day 2 of the class, but Jordan is the professor and is actively commenting on the forum.

Great, thanks for the reply. I might send you a message to check on your opinion of that professor right before I sign up. If everything is good then I will probably select the same professor.
Free Credits: TEEX Cybersecurity (6cr) NFA (1cr) Insurance Ethics 312 (2cr) Sophia DE Teams & EOM Conflict (2cr)

SOPHIA: Psychology(3cr) Sociology(3cr) Human Biology(3cr) Intro to Information Technology(3cr)
Statistics(3cr) Macroeconomics(3cr) Microeconomics(3cr) English Composition I (3cr) Visual Communications(3cr)
Art History I(3cr) Environmental Science(3cr) Student Success(1cr) Accounting(3cr) Project Management(3cr) Ethics(3cr)
Ancient Greek Philosophers(3cr) Approaches to Studying Religions(3cr) US History I(3cr) US History II(3cr)

STUDY.COM: COM120(3cr) CS109(3cr) CS102(3cr) CS103(3cr) CS303(3cr UL) ENG105(3cr) BUS101(3cr) ACC102(3cr)     

currently working on: Study.com American Government (done, waiting for results from proctor) & Signing up for SOS-110 mid Oct.
(09-01-2019, 06:57 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I'm not seeing many threads on TESU's newly adapted/changed SOS-110 anymore, it would be nice to hear some professor recommendations for the new version of the class. 

I made this thread to ask a general enrollment question. Due to my current financial situation I will not be able to sign up for SOS-110 until mid to late October for the November term. My question is, do you think the November starting time will fill up by mid October? Am I cutting it too close? Thanks to everyone who replies.

You should be ok, people drop classes at the last minute all the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JerseyDan's post:
  • AwardTour
You should be fine, this is probably their most common course, for this October, I noticed there were about 10 online classes, that's about 150 students right there... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...he-SOS-110
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
I'm taking it in October with J. Heit.

Let me know if you are taking it too!
Started w/ 18 credits in Dec 2018 - going for TESU BALS early 2020!
Study.com (24): Eng Comp I & II, Pres Skills in the Workplace, Prin of Supervision, Personal Finance, Here's to Your Health, Prin of Mgmt, Tech in the Classroom
StraighterLine (33): Intro to Rel, Intro to CJ, US Hist I/II, Amer Govt, Western Civ I/II, Intro to Env Sci, IT Fund, Cult Anthropology, Pharmacology
Sophia (10): Dev Effective Teams, Visual Comm, Conflict Resolution, Human Biology
SHU (18): Prin of Soc, Prin of Psych, Ethics, Logic, Prin of Econ, Mgmt Info Sys
GCU (8): Univ Success, 21st Century Comm & Info Lit
TEEX UL (3): Death Investigation
Coopersmith UL (6): Drugs, Society and Human Behavior, Foundations of Stress Mgmt, Sport & Exercise Psychology (IP)
CSMLearn (3)
TESU: SOS-110 (registered for Oct)
(09-10-2019, 03:22 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: I'm taking it in October with J. Heit.

Let me know if you are taking it too!

I won't be taking it until November. I will be signing up for it probably around mid-October. So, you will be about one month ahead of me. If you think that professor seems good then I might sign up for the same professor (assuming they are available). 

I wonder if one professor teaches the same class at different sign-up intervals at TESU? For example, lets say there is a class that starts in October and a class that starts in November. I wonder if one professor teaches multiple classes that have separate start and finish points? I know in a regular/traditional format a single professor has multiple classes to teach, but they all start and stop at the same time in a semester. 

Either way, good luck!

Thanks! I’m cleared for the Nov capstone so I’m signing up for it as soon as reg starts. This is going to be a very busy holiday season!

I’ll keep you posted!
Started w/ 18 credits in Dec 2018 - going for TESU BALS early 2020!
Study.com (24): Eng Comp I & II, Pres Skills in the Workplace, Prin of Supervision, Personal Finance, Here's to Your Health, Prin of Mgmt, Tech in the Classroom
StraighterLine (33): Intro to Rel, Intro to CJ, US Hist I/II, Amer Govt, Western Civ I/II, Intro to Env Sci, IT Fund, Cult Anthropology, Pharmacology
Sophia (10): Dev Effective Teams, Visual Comm, Conflict Resolution, Human Biology
SHU (18): Prin of Soc, Prin of Psych, Ethics, Logic, Prin of Econ, Mgmt Info Sys
GCU (8): Univ Success, 21st Century Comm & Info Lit
TEEX UL (3): Death Investigation
Coopersmith UL (6): Drugs, Society and Human Behavior, Foundations of Stress Mgmt, Sport & Exercise Psychology (IP)
CSMLearn (3)
TESU: SOS-110 (registered for Oct)
(09-11-2019, 05:29 AM)suzycupcake Wrote: Thanks!  I’m cleared for the Nov capstone so I’m signing up for it  as soon as reg starts. This is going to be a very busy holiday season!

I’ll keep you posted!
I looked up the different professors on ratemyproffessor.com. Was pretty helpful, I was able to avoid the super tough teachers for SOS-110

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU | Evaluation - SDC courses are not evaluated akr680 10 283 11 minutes ago
Last Post: mysonx3
  TESU Commencement TexasTink 12 615 09-17-2019, 06:06 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  Has anyone taken online courses at TESU? Silly_Me 16 2,011 09-16-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: JerseyDan
  TESU Credit Banking Fees approved July 2019? warriortaupou 3 192 09-13-2019, 02:28 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Roadmap Feedback TESU BSBA Marketing Hpkitty 6 381 09-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  TESU Quantitative Literacy tobyisking 15 816 09-13-2019, 12:26 AM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Enrolling to TESU BrighterFuture88 6 203 09-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Residence Waiver Fee (TESU) degreeguy 3 224 09-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU Won't let me register for final capstone Wulfofcali 24 899 09-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Wulfofcali
  TESU BALS Capstone kevro64 17 933 09-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Eriko17