Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS-110 course at TESU and Ethic Course Requirement
Hi Everybody,

Nice to meet you guys!
I am still taking a number of courses at my current institutions, and also at SL, study.com. So I did not start my application at TESU. If possible, could you please answer me the following questions if you have prior experience (since I cannot talk to an academic advisor at TESU yet):

1.    I probably will transfer 110 credits (from multiple institutes) to TESU for my bachelor degree. My question is: In such a case, do I still need to take SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy? I saw some of posts saying that this course has to be taken anyway, and has to be taken at TESU. Please confirm.

2.    The second question is regarding to ethics course requirement. I saw some of posts saying that TESU is no longer accepting credits from ethics institute. My question is: I plan to take Business Ethics course at SL, can this course be used for fulfilling the ethics course requirement at TESU? I did not see the equivalent course on the TESU degree requirement list, i.e. on list of B. Civic and Global Leadership Courses (Ethical Leadership). But some posts indicated that TESU only listed the courses that TESU itself is offering, so I just want to double check the most up-to-date information.

3.    Any other ethics course I can take? I do not have a budget issue, and I just want it to be as easy as possible….I choose SL because as long as I can get 70% in the quiz part, I do not need to worry the final part, which I like.  Please advise if you know any better option.

I really appreciate your inputs!
1) Yes, you are required to take the SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy course, it's a very easy college readiness course - the Cornerstone. You need to take this in addition to the Capstone. All other courses can be transferred in to meet degree requirements.

2) StraighterLine is a good option, I took it through StraighterLine as well for the exact same reason, I got a pretty good score before hitting the final with an above average grade, and still came out with an A. There are other options, but I chose this for simplicity sake.

3) If you're strapped for cash, you can take the Saylor course for $25 but I don't like using their system. Here's the course name: POLSC221: Introduction to Comparative Politics and it should still be valid as the website indicates it's still got the ACE Recommendation for credit. https://www.saylor.org/credit/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Sophia has an ethics course. It's $79 a month and you can take as many classes as you can finish in a month then cancel if you wish.
(12-03-2020, 04:12 PM)Hi bjcheung77 ,Thank you very much for your prompt feedback!!! An additional question is regarding to fullfilling Civic Engagement? I am now target towrwards American Government in SL. Any other better option than this one? Still, I am looking for the one that is as easy pass  as possible and do not consider the budget issue. I appreciate it again and you are really a super hero in thie forum!!! bjcheung77 Wrote: 1) Yes, you are required to take the SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy course, it's a very easy college readiness course - the Cornerstone.  You need to take this in addition to the Capstone.  All other courses can be transferred in to meet degree requirements.

2) StraighterLine is a good option, I took it through StraighterLine as well for the exact same reason, I got a pretty good score before hitting the final with an above average grade, and still came out with an A.  There are other options, but I chose this for simplicity sake.

3) If you're strapped for cash, you can take the Saylor course for $25 but I don't like using their system.  Here's the course name: POLSC221: Introduction to Comparative Politics and it should still be valid as the website indicates it's still got the ACE Recommendation for credit.  https://www.saylor.org/credit/
InstantCert.com's American Government is supposed to be pretty easy to pass. Plus, it helps support this board.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-03-2020, 04:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: InstantCert.com's American Government is supposed to be pretty easy to pass. Plus, it helps support this board.

Thanks for the suggestion!!!!
lylx1981 Wrote:
rachel83az Wrote:InstantCert.com's American Government is supposed to be pretty easy to pass. Plus, it helps support this board.

If you already bought the subscription with StraighterLine, I would just finish it there. For you, it shouldn't be that much extra work to finish at StraighterLine, but for whatever reason, you're having issues with StraighterLine, then the InstantCertCredit course is the one I would recommend, it's just $20+$15 proctoring fee. If you need other courses that are offered by InstantCertCredit, take them!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-03-2020, 07:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
lylx1981 Wrote:
rachel83az Wrote:InstantCert.com's American Government is supposed to be pretty easy to pass. Plus, it helps support this board.

If you already bought the subscription with StraighterLine, I would just finish it there.  For you, it shouldn't be that much extra work to finish at StraighterLine, but for whatever reason, you're having issues with StraighterLine, then the InstantCertCredit course is the one I would recommend, it's just $20+$15 proctoring fee.  If you need other courses that are offered by InstantCertCredit, take them!

Understand!!! Thanks!!!!!!
(12-03-2020, 08:24 PM)lylx1981 Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 07:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
lylx1981 Wrote:

If you already bought the subscription with StraighterLine, I would just finish it there.  For you, it shouldn't be that much extra work to finish at StraighterLine, but for whatever reason, you're having issues with StraighterLine, then the InstantCertCredit course is the one I would recommend, it's just $20+$15 proctoring fee.  If you need other courses that are offered by InstantCertCredit, take them!

Understand!!! Thanks!!!!!!

I transferred in Business Ethics from SL to TESU LL Ethics and it worked fine. That was a couple if years ago but don't think anything changed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 427 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 414 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 433 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,171 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27