Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS-110 feedback?
(07-27-2019, 12:46 PM)AwardTour Wrote: LOL, well that is what it is like for me. I think Sophia offers the least painful way to take care of your math requirements btw. I failed the ALEKS Stats initial assessment. Rather than invest who knows how long completing the ALEKS pie I decided to take Stats at Sophia instead. The courses are well presented and the quality of teaching is great among the different video recordings of the instructors. The final exam is not proctored if you sign up with their biometric keyboard option.

This is great to know! I start Sophia's Statistics next month!  I hope it is as you say.  I think they are the more user friendly platform for me and my learning style for sure.
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Idreamofadegree's post:
  • alab21
A cursory look at  the details for "MyLab Foundational Skills" appear to be a lot like ALEKS.

https://mypearsontraining.com/products/myfoundationslab

This info on the syllabus also sounds a lot like ALEKS:

How to Gain Credit for MyLab

Completion of the MyLab assignment is worth 14% of your final grade. To earn credit for your MyLab work, you must demonstrate mastery in the following manner:

Pass the initial Reading Path Builder with a score of 73% or higher, AND pass the initial Writing Path Builder with a score of 73% or higher, AND pass the initial Math Path Builder with a score of 73% or higher.

If you fail to pass one or both with the required score, you must do ALL of the following for each subject area in which you did not have a passing grade:

Work through all the screens within each subject area that your path builder assigns, passing them with a score of 73% or more.
Obtain a score of 73% or higher in the post-test.
Pass the Topic Mastery test with a score of 73% or higher.
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(07-30-2019, 02:25 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: A cursory look at  the details for "MyLab Foundational Skills"appear to be a lot like ALEKS.

https://mypearsontraining.com/products/myfoundationslab

It might be similar to ALEKS both in-terms of the structure and the UI. I wanted to know which MyLab Foundations TESU is using for SOS-110 since there are multiple modules. MyLab gives you a chance to skip a section if you can pass an initial assessment just like ALEKS. I don't know if the math content is pre-algebra, college algebra or pre-cal? It would also be nice to know the price since it is an added cost on-top of the tuition for the class.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
Yep, it will be nice when someone takes it and is able to report back, agreed on that! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • AwardTour
(07-30-2019, 02:38 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Yep, it will be nice when someone takes it and is able to report back, agreed on that! Smile

I see it planned in your signature. Could you hurry up and take it and let me know? Thanks!

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • suzycupcake
(07-30-2019, 07:13 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 02:38 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Yep, it will be nice when someone takes it and is able to report back, agreed on that! Smile

I see it planned in your signature. Could you hurry up and take it and let me know? Thanks
Lol! By the sound of it, I’m in no hurry now! Lol!
I heard back from TESU on Friday regarding the math content for SOS-110's MyLab Foundations. Unfortunately, the did not answer my question on how much it costs, but they did explain the math topics for the class. 

Here is what they said:

"The math is very simple math. The topics are: Whole Numbers, Fractions and Mixed Numbers, Decimals, Ratios, Proportion, and Percent.

This is a low stakes assessment with support. What I mean is that if you get below the passing score on your first try you'll be given some additional work for the material you missed and given subsequent chances at getting a passing score. 

I hope this helps." 

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Is it proctored?
(08-05-2019, 10:00 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Is it proctored?

https://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/S...S-110.html

It does not mention anything about a proctored final exam or proctored mid-term or proctored anything. There is a final paper and a final project. It mentions that quizzes are open book and unproctored. Aside from that the word "proctor" does not show up again. 

The only way to truly confirm it is to have someone who recently took the new version of the class tell us OR ask TESU directly.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Thank you. Because if the math part is proctored i am more nervous and then it go worser.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU-LAW 201-Midterm Feedback Needed dodek101 0 579 01-09-2021, 02:01 PM
Last Post: dodek101
  Need Capstone Topic Feedback BrighterFuture88 3 859 04-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  New guy looking for feedback on TESU History BA person8612 16 2,715 12-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: diminutive
  Roadmap Feedback TESU BSBA Marketing Hpkitty 6 1,698 09-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: warriortaupou