Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS110 and BSBA/BALS capstones
(08-02-2020, 01:33 AM)lillingworth Wrote: Are the assignments generally the same for everyone for these classes? The reason I ask is because hubby and I have a more liberal schedule for the next 2-3 weeks but we can't enroll yet (capstones). He only has 98 credits and they're requiring 100 before enrollment and I have around 90-100ish (waiting on updated eval) so we're really close but just not there yet. We'll have to wait until the September term to start the capstones. We'll have enough credits by then but we'll have a lot less free time. Unfortunately it looks like we'll also be taking our capstones and the Info Lit class at the same time, which I've heard is just a huge time-suck. To make this even more fun, we're both taking Eng Comp 2 through Sophia right now and we're both very weak writers. 

We're hoping for March graduation so I think everything needs to be wrapped up by November but I could be wrong. 

Basically what I'm asking is, is there anything we can do now to prepare for the huge amount of work coming our way? I don't want to waste our upcoming free days if instead we can knock out a huge chunk of work. I don't know if everyone gets the same basic assignment or if each class/teacher does something different. To be clear, we're not looking to cheat or get answers or anything. Just saying if we need to do a lot of writing, we'd like to start now while we have time. 

Of course we will continue with the last few classes that we need, but they're not stressing us out like these others with all this writing. 

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

I just started the cornerstone and you can complete all of it except for the discussion early.  The writing assignments seem short.  I would just work ahead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tlm's post:
  • lillingworth
I'm currently taking a Research Writing course at Arizona State University. It is a very thorough course on how to compose with rhetoric, present your central research question, know your stakeholders, and use your research. It is a lot of writing, about 3 essays each week on the average, this week it's five, but I think this should prep me well for the cornerstone.

Heck, it should even be a strong equivalency to transfer in instead of having to take SOS-110.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AZDan's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-07-2020, 11:43 AM)Tlm Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 01:33 AM)lillingworth Wrote: Are the assignments generally the same for everyone for these classes? The reason I ask is because hubby and I have a more liberal schedule for the next 2-3 weeks but we can't enroll yet (capstones). He only has 98 credits and they're requiring 100 before enrollment and I have around 90-100ish (waiting on updated eval) so we're really close but just not there yet. We'll have to wait until the September term to start the capstones. We'll have enough credits by then but we'll have a lot less free time. Unfortunately it looks like we'll also be taking our capstones and the Info Lit class at the same time, which I've heard is just a huge time-suck. To make this even more fun, we're both taking Eng Comp 2 through Sophia right now and we're both very weak writers. 

We're hoping for March graduation so I think everything needs to be wrapped up by November but I could be wrong. 

Basically what I'm asking is, is there anything we can do now to prepare for the huge amount of work coming our way? I don't want to waste our upcoming free days if instead we can knock out a huge chunk of work. I don't know if everyone gets the same basic assignment or if each class/teacher does something different. To be clear, we're not looking to cheat or get answers or anything. Just saying if we need to do a lot of writing, we'd like to start now while we have time. 

Of course we will continue with the last few classes that we need, but they're not stressing us out like these others with all this writing. 

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

I just started the cornerstone and you can complete all of it except for the discussion early.  The writing assignments seem short.  I would just work ahead.

I agree. I did the same thing. Honestly I wish more people were actually motivated so I didn't have to constantly wait for them. I did all the assignments, quizzes and discussions up front, you can complete it easily in a few days.. (except for the final paper). Yet, I can't complete the course because people won't spend 20 minutes to post in the rest of the discussions until the last day before it's due each week. So I can't add my 2 comments on them and finish up the course in a week instead of months. Instead I have to set a calendar alert reminder to come back each week to post my comments.

The course takes almost no time, except for the 1 research paper... then the—waiting—on everyone to post their discussion comments.
Maybe something we could do on here is find a few people to sign up for the same class at the same time to work ahead and comment on each other's discussions (or however it is this works).
(09-14-2020, 01:14 PM)ARhead Wrote: Maybe something we could do on here is find a few people to sign up for the same class at the same time to work ahead and comment on each other's discussions (or however it is this works).

Yeah, that would work if you could get 3 people in a class who would be willing to do it. The assignment is to post in a discussion, then you have to make a comment on 2 other students posts. There is only 6 discussions to participate in. The problem with my class is NOBODY else would work ahead. A number of them actually miss the deadline, and lose points. It makes no sense to me, especially for something so easy. Read the module, write a post. It takes 20 minutes, tops.
Some professors aren’t too fond of people working ahead in the online capstone version, I would talk with your mentor before doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(09-14-2020, 01:14 PM)ARhead Wrote: Maybe something we could do on here is find a few people to sign up for the same class at the same time to work ahead and comment on each other's discussions (or however it is this works).

I'd be up for this. The sooner the better for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Two capstones in one term Yenisei 4 353 01-19-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 773 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,300 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,363 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 501 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,312 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 414 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 724 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore