Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOS150 & SOS320
I am looking for a relatively easy course for the January term, as I will be taking LIB495 Capstone, Mass comm II and Intro to Sociology as the same time.
This is my last term and I will be finished with everything for my BA in Comm.
Advising suggested SOS150 Self Assessment And Carer Exploration as being simple, no research paper or project.
SOS320 Management Of Stress And Tension looks interesting, but I can't tell what the written assignments are in length, detail, etc.
Anyone taken either (or both) of these courses and willing to share how complex, time consuming, taxing?
Both are online. SOS150 instructor will be Mark Saine and SOS320 instructor will be Jacqueline Rappoport.
Thank you.

SOS150 Self Assessment And Career Exploration https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fGnp...edit?pli=1
SOS320 Management of Stress and Tension https://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/S...S-320.html
I don't know if you're trying to meet X number of credits to meet residency requirements to avoid the residency waiver fee. If not, maybe this would be helpful to know and ask advising if you could do.
I took a course from Coopersmith that transferred in as SOS 320. Info on this thread https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid366444
That was self study from the review materials and take m/c exam. not very stressful or time consuming. well except for the mess up with the transfer (that took 2 emails so it really wasn't a huge mess to be honest)
Coopersmith course was called Foundations of Stress Management. and was listed in their psych courses catalog.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • catlady
(12-03-2022, 08:25 AM)P226mem Wrote: I don't know if you're trying to meet X number of credits to meet residency requirements to avoid the residency waiver fee.  If not, maybe this would be helpful to know and ask advising if you could do.
I took a course from Coopersmith that transferred in as SOS 320.  Info on this thread https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid366444
That was self study from the review materials and take m/c exam. not very stressful or time consuming.  well except for the mess up with the transfer (that took 2 emails so it really wasn't a huge mess to be honest)
Coopersmith course was called Foundations of Stress Management. and was listed in their psych courses catalog.

Appreciate the reply.
Must take a TESU course because the whole semester is paid for.
I'll go find Coopersmith's syllabus and check it out, if it sounds similar to TESU's I will hazard a guess the workload is similar.
I appreciate the info
oh, darn.. that won't work then.
I don't know where to find Coopersmith syllabus. But the workload in that course is self study from the materials provide and take one exam at the end that is all multiple choice from the materials provided. No surprises on the exam. Nowhere near the workload listed in the TESU course with final project, discussions, etc. Coopersmith courses are more similar to "credit by exam" instead of "course work".
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • catlady
(12-03-2022, 09:28 AM)P226mem Wrote: oh, darn.. that won't work then.
I don't know where to find Coopersmith syllabus.  But the workload in that course is self study from the materials provide and take one exam at the end that is all multiple choice from the materials provided. No surprises on the exam.  Nowhere near the workload listed in the TESU course with final project, discussions, etc.  Coopersmith courses are more similar to "credit by exam" instead of "course work".

Appreciate the reply.
That's good to know as I am nervous to take on anything "heavy" considering what I've read many write about the Capstone, in addition to Mass Comm and Sociology.
I did the Critical Reasoning course in less than 20 hours.

There are no books to read, and the exams are easy and don't count for much of your grade. You only need to study for 2-4 hours for the exams.

I highly recommend that course.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • catlady
(12-03-2022, 12:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I did the Critical Reasoning course in less than 20 hours.

There are no books to read, and the exams are easy and don't count for much of your grade. You only need to study for 2-4 hours for the exams.

I highly recommend that course.

Appreciate the reply.
Already took that course.
SOS150 and SOS320 are the only two courses in consideration.