Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STUDY.COM updated list
(02-12-2019, 09:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 08:59 PM)vpassenheim Wrote: Tedium,

I know that they count SDC Business 107 as a course equivalent for COSC MGT 315, but can you confirm on your transcript that it was for UL or that you received full credit for MGT 315. The only reason I ask is that Business 307 also translates to credit for MGT 315.

Thanks!

I can't confirm anything, except to say that COSC has several Study.com courses that duplicate each other.
dfrecore,

You should go by "forumgod". Talk about a speedy reply! Thanks. After I posted my question, I knew it was unreasonable to think that Business 107 could be granted equal footing with Business 307, which requires 2 assignments. Doesn't matter. At least I can get the equivalent requirement covered for MGT 315.
(02-12-2019, 09:37 PM)vpassenheim Wrote:

I know that they count SDC Business 107 as a course equivalent for COSC MGT 315, but can you confirm on your transcript that it was for UL or that you received full credit for MGT 315. The only reason I ask is that Business 307 also translates to credit for MGT 315.

Thanks!

I can't confirm anything, except to say that COSC has several Study.com courses that duplicate each other.
dfrecore,

You should go by "forumgod". Talk about a speedy reply! Thanks. After I posted my question, I knew it was unreasonable to think that Business 107 could be granted equal footing with Business 307, which requires 2 assignments. Doesn't matter. At least I can get the equivalent requirement covered for MGT 315.

What dfrecore is saying is that it's not unreasonable at all, and in fact pretty common, for something like that to happen.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Besides for business courses,does Charter Oak accept any other study.com LL as UL?
(02-12-2019, 11:09 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

Thanks!

dfrecore,

What dfrecore is saying is that it's not unreasonable at all, and in fact pretty common, for something like that to happen.

I get what he's saying. The link, https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab, makes it apparent. What I was questioning was the designation of Business 107 as an UL course. I'm almost certain it isn't, but it at least serves as the equivalent of MGT 315.
(12-12-2018, 02:24 PM)jsd Wrote: The odd part is that just maybe a year ago and prior to that, they had some of the BEST customer service, certainly more proactive than the other service providers we talk about here. But at some point within the past year it flipped, and we hear a lot of bad experiences now.

I don't know if they just grew too quick and their support just can't keep up, or if they changed something or what... But it's really unfortunate to go from such great service to such poor service. I hope they can turn it around, whatever the issue is.

Sad

I had great support during my first month, but recently they took a long time to reply.

(02-13-2019, 12:44 AM)vpassenheim Wrote:

Thanks!

dfrecore,

I get what he's saying. The link, https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab, makes it apparent. What I was questioning was the designation of Business 107 as an UL course. I'm almost certain it isn't, but it at least serves as the equivalent of MGT 315.

First I'm a she.

Second, yes, that course seems to come in as MGT 315, per their own documents.  If it was me, and I was trying to get a degree there, I would take the LL course assuming that it would come in as UL.  What I would NOT do is take BOTH the LL and UL courses, because they duplicate each other.

If COSC tells you that a course comes in as a certain equivalency, then you can take them at their word.  I'd probably get it approved ahead of time, and I'd also save the doc to my computer to prove that I went by their list in good faith if there was ever to be a problem.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-13-2019, 11:14 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:44 AM)vpassenheim Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I can't confirm anything, except to say that COSC has several Study.com courses that duplicate each other.
dfrecore,

First I'm a she.

Second, yes, that course seems to come in as MGT 315, per their own documents.  If it was me, and I was trying to get a degree there, I would take the LL course assuming that it would come in as UL.  What I would NOT do is take BOTH the LL and UL courses, because they duplicate each other.

If COSC tells you that a course comes in as a certain equivalency, then you can take them at their word.  I'd probably get it approved ahead of time, and I'd also save the doc to my computer to prove that I went by their list in good faith if there was ever to be a problem.
dfrecore,

I beg to differ. You're an AWESOME she Smile   Ditto on everything else you said.
(02-12-2019, 08:59 PM)vpassenheim Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 04:38 PM)Tedium Wrote: Just wanted to let any COSC students know that SDC is now transferring more LL Business courses as UL to COSC. This is exciting for me because they added the three courses I was going to take UEXCELs for. It may not be a huge deal for some, but I think it's great because they don't require the separate homework assignments for LL courses; just quizzes and the proctored final. That makes getting credit for each course even faster without having to worry about graders and rubrics getting mixed up. They may have done this for other subjects as well, but I have been focused on business courses, so I haven't been paying attention to the other subjects.

The ones I took notice of were:

Business 105: Labor Relations -> MGT 425 : Union & Labor Relations 3

Business 106: Human Resource Management -> HRM 310 : Human Resource Management 3

Business 107: Organizational Behavior -> MGT 315 : Organizational Behavior 3

and they were already offering:

Business 121: Introduction to Entrepreneurship -> MGT 350 : Entrepreneurship 3

Source: https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab

Now, if I could just find good, cheap substitutes for MGT 451: Team Leadership, Organizational Ethics, and Diversity in the Workplace I would totally go after the Organizational Leadership concentration...

Tedium,

Thanks!

dfrecore is right. Those classes I listed, with the exception of 121, have UL equivalents on SDC that would duplicate if you took both. Right now, COSC is accepting the LL courses as UL, so I would take advantage of that if time is a factor.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(02-13-2019, 02:33 PM)Tedium Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 08:59 PM)vpassenheim Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 04:38 PM)Tedium Wrote: Just wanted to let any COSC students know that SDC is now transferring more LL Business courses as UL to COSC. This is exciting for me because they added the three courses I was going to take UEXCELs for. It may not be a huge deal for some, but I think it's great because they don't require the separate homework assignments for LL courses; just quizzes and the proctored final. That makes getting credit for each course even faster without having to worry about graders and rubrics getting mixed up. They may have done this for other subjects as well, but I have been focused on business courses, so I haven't been paying attention to the other subjects.

The ones I took notice of were:

Business 105: Labor Relations -> MGT 425 : Union & Labor Relations 3

Business 106: Human Resource Management -> HRM 310 : Human Resource Management 3

Business 107: Organizational Behavior -> MGT 315 : Organizational Behavior 3

and they were already offering:

Business 121: Introduction to Entrepreneurship -> MGT 350 : Entrepreneurship 3

Source: https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab

Now, if I could just find good, cheap substitutes for MGT 451: Team Leadership, Organizational Ethics, and Diversity in the Workplace I would totally go after the Organizational Leadership concentration...

Tedium,

Thanks!

dfrecore is right. Those classes I listed, with the exception of 121, have UL equivalents on SDC that would duplicate if you took both. Right now, COSC is accepting the LL courses as UL, so I would take advantage of that if time is a factor.

Tedium,
I am working on Business 107 right now, so awesome!
Damn! I wish I'd have known/had these when I was going for my BSBA. Would've made it cheaper/easier. Oh well... I'll pass this along to my ex-sister-in-law.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,250 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,340 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,594 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,427 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 735 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,119 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 586 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle