Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Houston State University Self-Paced Courses
I apologize if this has been posted before. SHSU offers self-paced courses at $573 per course. They don't offer many courses, and I don't think there are too many that would be interesting to the people here. They have a small number of courses in kinesiology, health, geography, and English that you can't find elsewhere at this price. 

https://www.shsu.edu/academics/correspondence/courses/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 6 users Like sanantone's post:
  • hsfamfun, Ideas, Leedeedee, Life Long Learning, rvm, Sapientes
Thank you for always sharing these resources. Can only imagine the countless people helped.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I love finding out about these. As someone looking for some things for my kids (who probably aren't going to test out much), it's very helpful. My daughter has a lot of testing anxiety, and has what I have diagnosed as dyslexia (after a LOT of research) - so self-paced courses are something that are a much better fit for her than regular courses. This may be how she ends up getting a college degree in the future.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • hsfamfun
Yes, please keep these coming! These posts are SUPER helpful. I see a handful of courses on this list that I might take advantage of - for a great price & self-paced, too. What more could you ask for? Thank you!!!
(09-21-2017, 11:44 AM)Silly_Me Wrote: Yes, please keep these coming!  These posts are SUPER helpful.  I see a handful of courses on this list that I might take advantage of - for a great price & self-paced, too.  What more could you ask for?  Thank you!!!

Did you check out AMU/APUS for biology courses? They have a lot of UL ones and even an UL biology course with a lab. They're $270 per credit hour or $250 per credit hour for military.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(09-20-2017, 04:15 AM)sanantone Wrote: I apologize if this has been posted before. SHSU offers self-paced courses at $573 per course. They don't offer many courses, and I don't think there are too many that would be interesting to the people here. They have a small number of courses in kinesiology, health, geography, and English that you can't find elsewhere at this price. 

As of Fall 2018, SHSU quit offering correspondence or self paced courses.  At this point, we are finishing out the last of our existing registrants and are actively sunsetting the program, part of which is me looking for places to post this notice where that program was mentioned.  Thank you to those who have used this delivery modalty for our courses in the past.  https://online.shsu.edu/courses/docs/201...inated.pdf

Regards, 
Ray Scheel
Assistant Director for Course Development
SHSU Online 
Sam Houston State University
Member The Texas State University System
[-] The following 1 user Likes RayScheel's post:
  • Sapientes
That's very unfortunate that the program is being phased out, but I am impressed by the proactive communication regarding it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(02-11-2019, 11:07 AM)RayScheel Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 04:15 AM)sanantone Wrote: I apologize if this has been posted before. SHSU offers self-paced courses at $573 per course. They don't offer many courses, and I don't think there are too many that would be interesting to the people here. They have a small number of courses in kinesiology, health, geography, and English that you can't find elsewhere at this price. 

As of Fall 2018, SHSU quit offering correspondence or self paced courses.  At this point, we are finishing out the last of our existing registrants and are actively sunsetting the program, part of which is me looking for places to post this notice where that program was mentioned.  Thank you to those who have used this delivery modalty for our courses in the past.  https://online.shsu.edu/courses/docs/201...inated.pdf

Regards, 
Ray Scheel
Assistant Director for Course Development
SHSU Online 
Sam Houston State University
Member The Texas State University System

That's disappointing, but thank you for informing us.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 218 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,517 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,608 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,542 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,932 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,603 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 478 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar