Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union today!
This exam was very difficult.Many questions were twisted and required deeper knowledge.I had to guess on at least one fourth of the exam..maybe more.
There were quite a few questions that were not covered on Instantcert but IC coupled with Wikipedia should be enough to pass.I also read the book Faces of a Nation recommended by Shotujoku (thanksSmile )in another thread.The book is excellent and very interesting.
I got 53 which is B at Excelsior.I came back and saw it's just one point short of an A and feeling bad about it.I was mentally exhausted by the end of the exam and did not review my questions.I am feeling bad about this because firstly i worked very hard on this exam and second maybe changing some answers after a second review would have given me one extra point.When my exam goes badly i worry that changing an answer could change a pass to fail and i do believe that the first guess is the best one.
Anyways,my GPA is 2.88 now and a B will make it maybe 2.9? I have only 3 more exams to complete my degree and 2 of them being college writing and the dreaded Statistics...i don't think these 3 exams will help me get to my target of 3.00 GPA.
It means i will need to take more exams to increase it:mad:
to add to this my next exam is on 6th Feb(World conflicts)..hence very little time to prepareSad so i am not even hoping for an A in that one.The Pearsonvue center here is full all the time with the next date being 20th Feb.
Sorry for Ranting so much...but feeling a little better already:o
Adoncia
adoncia Wrote:This exam was very difficult. Many questions were twisted and required deeper knowledge. I had to guess on at least one fourth of the exam..maybe more.

There were quite a few questions that were not covered on Instantcert but IC coupled with Wikipedia should be enough to pass.

I also read the book Faces of a Nation recommended by ShotoJuku (thanksSmile )in another thread. The book is excellent and very interesting.

I got 53 which is B at Excelsior.

Adoncia

[SIZE="5"]Congrats!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It is a deep subject, a lot of diverse history, persons and culture yet you pulled it off!! Put it behind you now and move along; you did well and should be proud of your new UPPER LEVEL credits!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Yes I agree with Shoto!! I was kind of beating myself up a bit on Sociology because everyone talked about it being so easy and i only got a 56. Then I had to think about it...... I went in there with the flu, eyes blurry, rushing through it so I could get out of there, and still passed. At the end of the day, I got three credits in two weeks, which takes three months in college, for a third of the price. You can't beat that!!! Another added bonus is the support team you have here that you don't get in college.......

Congratulations!!! I hope you are patting yourself on the back.....

p.s. thank you again for the study guides, I am on my way to passing H G & D in two weeks!!!
Congrats on a very tough test, a B is nothing to be ashamed of; there are several people who have failed this and would love to have your grade. Keep up the good work!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Aww thanks so much guys.I won't lie..i have been sulking since this afternoon but I am feeling much better now after reading your posts.Smile
This is why i love this forum so much,you guys are so encouraging.
You are right a pass is a pass and i should be happy about it.This one was for sure the toughest of the bunch.
I now feel motivated to study for my next
Thanks so much,
Adonciahilarious
[QUOTE=adoncia]This exam was very difficult.Many questions were twisted and required deeper knowledge.I had to guess on at least one fourth of the exam..maybe more.

Adonica,

Congratulations on another UL class completed. You just keep cranking them out. I think you've done extremely well!!!

Crystal
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
Thanks CrystalSmile
adoncia Wrote:This exam was very difficult.Many questions were twisted and required deeper knowledge.I had to guess on at least one fourth of the exam..maybe more.
There were quite a few questions that were not covered on Instantcert but IC coupled with Wikipedia should be enough to pass.I also read the book Faces of a Nation recommended by Shotujoku (thanksSmile )in another thread.The book is excellent and very interesting.
I got 53 which is B at Excelsior.I came back and saw it's just one point short of an A and feeling bad about it.I was mentally exhausted by the end of the exam and did not review my questions.I am feeling bad about this because firstly i worked very hard on this exam and second maybe changing some answers after a second review would have given me one extra point.When my exam goes badly i worry that changing an answer could change a pass to fail and i do believe that the first guess is the best one.
Anyways,my GPA is 2.88 now and a B will make it maybe 2.9? I have only 3 more exams to complete my degree and 2 of them being college writing and the dreaded Statistics...i don't think these 3 exams will help me get to my target of 3.00 GPA.
It means i will need to take more exams to increase it:mad:
to add to this my next exam is on 6th Feb(World conflicts)..hence very little time to prepareSad so i am not even hoping for an A in that one.The Pearsonvue center here is full all the time with the next date being 20th Feb.
Sorry for Ranting so much...but feeling a little better already:o
Adoncia

I took the exam last wednesday and waiting for my results...
I felt the questions from instacert on brezhnev era, stalin era, gorbachev era and the revolutionary reflected 90% of the exam ....

the questions under the subtitle "Russia : the old regime" from czarist times didnt have any contributions into this exam.....

Just know the difference between all of the warsaw pact nations, understand the concept of social realism, and know maxim gorky - Akhmatova....

there was only 95 questions in this exam .....

also know the battle of tannenberg...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California - Fall Is Free! bjcheung77 3 572 08-18-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  For Union Members prkarlov 6 583 05-02-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
Information Rise in Tech Apprenticeships MNomadic 16 2,810 12-20-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Enrollment Trends - Fall 2022 bjcheung77 2 626 11-06-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Union Plus Free Degrees are Dead TINASAM 9 1,794 09-11-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: redheadguy03
  Amberton Fall 2022 ss20ts 2 525 07-23-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Amberton University - New Degrees Fall 2022 ss20ts 3 1,077 07-15-2022, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  The Rise of the Joyless University LevelUP 6 662 06-22-2022, 03:31 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free Summer or Free Fall ideas? creationstory 13 1,801 06-02-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ylmir
  $17 trillion - rise of 'learning poverty' bjcheung77 7 946 01-19-2022, 07:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77