Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor BUS 303 To TESU
I'm looking at doing a BSBA at TESU. I noticed Saylor.org has course titled "BUS 303 Strategic Information Technology."  Upon looking at the Saylor website listing the TESU equivalencies this course wasn't on the list. My question is how does this course transfer in and does it transfer in as UL credit?

Also a follow up question. Do any Saylor Courses come in UL credit?
The TESU-Saylor Equivalency list that features on the Saylor website is not entirely accurate. This is a link I got from TESU.
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/o...rse-option
Check if there are any courses you might want to take.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Thats great! However, it still doesn't list BUS 303 on that list. Thank you. I didn't realize that even the courses that don't specifically count for Saylor direct credit ACE approval count at TESU.
Can't speak to the equivalency from experience, but it is lower level on ACE.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
do you have a link for the straighterline one as well?
(10-26-2018, 11:56 AM)natshar Wrote: Thats great! However, it still doesn't list BUS 303 on that list. Thank you. I didn't realize that even the courses that don't specifically count for Saylor direct credit ACE approval count at TESU.

The saylor courses that don't have ACE/NCCRS can't directly transfer to tesu. What that list shows is how you can use the non ACE/NCCRS approved saylor course to get credit through a different route, such as preparing for a challenge exam( CLEP, TECEP) or doing a PLA.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-26-2018, 12:08 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 11:56 AM)natshar Wrote: Thats great! However, it still doesn't list BUS 303 on that list. Thank you. I didn't realize that even the courses that don't specifically count for Saylor direct credit ACE approval count at TESU.

The saylor courses that don't have ACE/NCCRS can't directly transfer to tesu. What that list shows is how you can use the non ACE/NCCRS approved saylor course to get credit through a different route, such as preparing for a challenge exam( CLEP, TECEP) or doing a PLA.

Ok. So what you are saying is if I were take a Saylor course that wasn't ACE approved, I would need to do PLA, TECEP or CLEP in order to get them to transfer. I can't just take the courses.

(10-26-2018, 11:59 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: Can't speak to the equivalency from experience, but it is lower level on ACE.

Yes I actually just checked myself and few minutes ago and found the same thing. I'm guessing it will just transfer to TESU as LL credit, not worth my time.
(10-26-2018, 12:02 PM)natshar Wrote: do you have a link for the straighterline one as well?

Only one 3 credit SL/Straighterline course come into TESU as UL, and that is the an Accounting Course

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

(10-26-2018, 12:13 PM)natshar Wrote:

Ok. So what you are saying is if I were take a Saylor course that wasn't ACE approved, I would need to do PLA, TECEP or CLEP in order to get them to transfer. I can't just take the courses.

It has to be either ACE or NCCRS for credit (Saylor does have a few that are both).  NCCRS search is here: http://www.nationalccrs.org/

Are you still working towards the BSBA-HR, or have your added/changed AOS? I ask because the course subject matter you're asking about here (LL or UL) does not fit into the HR AOS.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-26-2018, 12:36 PM)allvia Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 12:02 PM)natshar Wrote: do you have a link for the straighterline one as well?

Only one 3 credit SL/Straighterline course come into TESU as UL, and that is the an Accounting Course

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

(10-26-2018, 12:13 PM)natshar Wrote:

It has to be either ACE or NCCRS for credit (Saylor does have a few that are both).  NCCRS search is here: http://www.nationalccrs.org/

Are you still working towards the BSBA-HR, or have your added/changed AOS? I ask because the course subject matter you're asking about here (LL or UL) does not fit into the HR AOS.

At this point I'm aiming for HR but if GM is easier and more doable I'll go for that. I applied and my prior credits have been evaluated, but I haven't enrolled in TESU yet. I was just looking at cheap ways to earn UL business credits.
(10-26-2018, 10:10 PM)natshar Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 12:36 PM)allvia Wrote: Are you still working towards the BSBA-HR, or have your added/changed AOS? I ask because the course subject matter you're asking about here (LL or UL) does not fit into the HR AOS.

At this point I'm aiming for HR but if GM is easier and more doable I'll go for that. I applied and my prior credits have been evaluated, but I haven't enrolled in TESU yet. I was just looking at cheap ways to earn UL business credits.

It may not be 'easier' but there are far more course options for the BSBA-GM vs the other concentrations.  The GM has the most flexible course path, as it is broader in scope - so more LL/UL alternative credits are available for the General Management AOS.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 657 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 158 4 hours ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,576 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 620 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 546 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 280 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 409 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 312 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az