Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor CS402
I am a network architect (I hold a CCNP, CCNA-S, A+, Net+) for a fairly large organization and I figured the CS402 exam would be a cake walk. I took the practice exam this morning and failed (64%)?!?

Are the proctored exams similar to the open exams and if so, are they all so full of errors? Some questions were poorly worded, plain wrong or had what I feel were just silly answers.

Thanks!
rjankowski Wrote:I am a network architect (I hold a CCNP, CCNA-S, A+, Net+) for a fairly large organization and I figured the CS402 exam would be a cake walk. I took the practice exam this morning and failed (64%)?!?

Are the proctored exams similar to the open exams and if so, are they all so full of errors? Some questions were poorly worded, plain wrong or had what I feel were just silly answers.

Thanks!

I don't know about the proctored final, but I agree with you on the practice final. I also worked in networking and data security, something I don't think the course writer can say Sad
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
Glad I'm not the only one. For $25 I might just take a swing at it to see but I guess I could always take an intro to computers class, that should be fun!
rjankowski Wrote:I am a network architect (I hold a CCNP, CCNA-S, A+, Net+) for a fairly large organization and I figured the CS402 exam would be a cake walk. I took the practice exam this morning and failed (64%)?!?

Thanks!

Well this has me worried. I'm studying for the Comptia Network + and I was hoping that would be enough to pass this exam.
yb1 Wrote:Well this has me worried. I'm studying for the Comptia Network + and I was hoping that would be enough to pass this exam.

I was studying for Net+ and the TECEP that CS402 originally married up with, and it seemed like the Saylor/TECEP info was all a generation or three old compared to the Net+ exam. I was relatively confident I'd be able to pass it regardless, but I ended up shifting my focus to some other courses instead.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
There are issues with the exams (both the credit and non credit granting exams). I am trying to work with Saylor to remedy the issues but there's no promise that it will happen. So far two questions (on the credit exam) have been fixed, I am working on 10 others at the moment.

I would hold off on trying to take this one for now, but don't rule it out yet.
hightecrebel Wrote:I was studying for Net+ and the TECEP that CS402 originally married up with, and it seemed like the Saylor/TECEP info was all a generation or three old compared to the Net+ exam. I was relatively confident I'd be able to pass it regardless, but I ended up shifting my focus to some other courses instead.

Three generations ago? I didn't see anything in there about ARCNET networking or configuring banyan VINES street talk services??? You crazy kids today Wink
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
I'm mostly disappointed that they don't even touch on my favorite transmission method, IPoAC: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149
rjankowski Wrote:I'm mostly disappointed that they don't even touch on my favorite transmission method, IPoAC: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149

haha, this is great. what could possibly go wrong?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:haha, this is great. what could possibly go wrong?

The informal report from the RFC 1149 event | BLUG

Apparently the birds can be distracted rather easily and very high ping times.

BBC News - SA pigeon 'faster than broadband'

Still transferred a large file faster than a DSL link...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 307 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,519 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 533 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,264 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 842 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 741 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,365 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,385 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for vetvso 4 847 09-24-2022, 11:20 PM