Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor CS402
JamesIE Wrote:What would that person say is the correct answer if they had read the material?

Several of the questions marked answers as being wrong when they were directly out of the material. banghead

Oh well, such is life.
Not surprised.

I took and failed the final (non-credit version). There were a number of questions that I thought had issues.

I've already passed the TECEP CMP-354 Network Technology.
dfrecore Wrote:This was exactly the issue he was having as well. He would say "look at this wording, then look at the answers you can choose from, now look at the info in the material where it is - NONE of these is the right answer!"

!
I've just had this issue with BUS303 Strategic Information Systems. One of the questions asking what are legacy information systems was ridiculous, it was so obviously wrong. Some of the others were so badly worded there were either no correct answers or more than 1. Oh and I've just failed it with 66%. Not happy. I won't bother to take again, I'll just take a different (non Saylor) exam.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)
Master of Business Administration: ENEB Isabel I

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
(04-19-2017, 05:47 AM)Leedeedee Wrote:
dfrecore Wrote:This was exactly the issue he was having as well.  He would say "look at this wording, then look at the answers you can choose from, now look at the info in the material where it is - NONE of these is the right answer!"

!
I've just had this issue with BUS303 Strategic Information Systems.   One of the questions asking what are legacy information systems was ridiculous, it was so obviously wrong.  Some of the others were so badly worded there were either no correct answers or more than 1.  Oh and I've just failed it with 66%.  Not happy.  I won't bother to take again, I'll just take a different (non Saylor) exam.

Did you email them to submit the inaccuracies? I'm curious because this is actually the one I'm planning on taking next.

I had a similar problem with the networking test at Saylor and it was pretty frustrating. I emailed them and reported the errors. They responded that they'd have someone look into it but didn't adjust my store. Several I had in writing from the course material and the test was just obviously wrong. I think I'm just going to go ahead with it though. If I take it the first time and fail and have to take it again, its' still only $50 for three credits. Cheaper than most other places. I just wish the quality was higher.

(04-08-2017, 06:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
theonlyski Wrote:There are several questions that are absolutely wrong, some are poorly worded or have multiple correct answers (or no correct answers) and don't provide enough information to distinguish between the answer they want you to pick.

This was exactly the issue he was having as well.  He would say "look at this wording, then look at the answers you can choose from, now look at the info in the material where it is - NONE of these is the right answer!"

I'm going to try to have some of these fixed as well.  And ask for a refund of our $25 if they can't show how his exam is correctly graded!  It's ridiculous that they can't get these correct!!

Were you able to get this fixed? I submitted some errors and they said they'd look into it, but I didn't get a score adjustment as others have mentioned.
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 414 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,561 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 572 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,380 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 881 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,182 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 752 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,402 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,473 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for vetvso 4 863 09-24-2022, 11:20 PM