Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL mostly IS SDC my best choice?
After following all the information and making a spreadsheet it makes sense for me to pick up a few things before I apply to go back!!!  University of Maine Augusta does accept ACE credits  no NCCRS. CAN also do PLA! I already met residency taking random classes while not a student there to get some state certifications!

For gen eds:
Need Soc 201 social problems
Need PSY 308 Human Development
Need Eng 317 professional writing 
Also an UL humanities elective of choice

Major Classes in Human Service Substance abuse Social work act will apply  to:  Their pretty lienent but I may need to enroll in a different CBE program to meet this!  

HUS 230 Interviewing Skills for Human Services
HUS 308 Assessment and planning
HUS 316 Applied Professional Ethics in HS
HUS 349 Supervision in HS
HUS 229 models of adiction
HUS 318 adolescent substance abuse and criminology related thinking
HUS 332 Relational systems that support Substance abuse
HUS 342 substance abuse and trauma.  

Also planning on an MA in for clinical license in counseling!

Caelyn 
60 Transfer from B&M 4 year private school
20 Transfer from B&M state school 
6 transfer from local CC
24 Aquired from this college! I'll still need to do a 9 credit fieldwork but I want It for my resume!
You have to check with the U of M Augusta what they will accept from Study for your degree program.
(05-10-2022, 09:46 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You have to check with the U of M Augusta what they will accept from Study for your degree program.

The website says they use the ACE guidelines so if ACE accepts it I can use it!  Do you know if there's a way to see UMPI your pace course offerings?

(05-10-2022, 10:22 AM)Caecal07 Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 09:46 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You have to check with the U of M Augusta what they will accept from Study for your degree program.

The website says they use the ACE guidelines so if ACE accepts it I can use it!  Do you know if there's a way to see UMPI your pace course offerings?

(05-10-2022, 10:22 AM)Caecal07 Wrote:

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 11.23.35 AM.png (Size: 97.46 KB / Downloads: 22)
.png   Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 11.23.35 AM.png (Size: 97.46 KB / Downloads: 13)
Accepting ACE credits does not mean that a school accepts all ACE credits. Even UMPI has limitations on ACE credits and they're VERY generous. U of M Augusta is not UMPI and has their own policies. The other U of M campuses do not accept ACE credit like UMPI. I've looked at their transfer credits in the transfer database and there are few ACE credits listed at the other campuses.

There is not a list of courses offered through YourPace. You can look at each degree offered and see what courses they have. That's the only way to see what is available. There are GEC courses also available through YourPace but they are not listed on the YourPace website.

ETA: I just looked at the transfer database at U of M Augusta and they do not have Study.com listed which means to date no one has transferred in courses from them.
Where do I find this transfer database?
(05-10-2022, 11:46 AM)Caecal07 Wrote: Where do I find this transfer database?

In your MaineStreet account. You'll see on the lefthand side where the list of options is and there's a line that says transfer course equivalencies.
In addition to that, you may want to review this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ivalencies
I also searched the database and was able to find that UMA shows they accept only a handful of StraighterLine courses, I don't see Sophia.org/Study.com
Another option is to see if UMA will take UMPI YourPace courses, I would compare each YourPace Minor offering and see if there are courses that can be used.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-11-2022, 01:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Another option is to see if UMA will take UMPI YourPace courses, I would compare each YourPace Minor offering and see if there are courses that can be used.

There's also program-specific transfer guides for people transferring within the University of Maine System: https://www.maine.edu/students/transfer-guides/
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Thanks I decided that I need to decide the long term plan... I'm going to finish my current certificate then try using it and regroup.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  study.com calculus course -- how many multiple choice questions in the final exam? lylx1981 2 1,045 11-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Sophia "Complete Profile" in order to take courses requires choice of school mahaganapati 3 845 07-21-2021, 05:52 PM
Last Post: mahaganapati
  Strange choice of an example sentence Mab81 2 844 03-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Straighterline tests - are they mostly multiple choice? sharkysmom 4 3,637 04-24-2017, 04:41 PM
Last Post: rowan555