Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Expired Courses
I got response from Saylor they will be renewing the expired courses soon.

"Thanks for following up. It has taken us until this month to put all the expired courses through a new ACE review. Although not yet "official" until the ACE website is updated, we have good news to announce soon -- we expect in February. Essentially all the expired courses, as well as some new ones, will become available in the Saylor Direct Credit program once the results of the review are public.

ENGL001 and ENGL210, however, will not be available in the Saylor Direct Credit program, despite the positive ACE review from 2019. For those two courses, TECEP exams from Thomas Edison State University are a possible alternative to our exams."

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 4 users Like gams007's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, Dorothy44, rachel83az, StoicJ
(01-22-2021, 02:40 PM)gams007 Wrote: I got response from Saylor they will be renewing the expired courses soon.

"Thanks for following up. It has taken us until this month to put all the expired courses through a new ACE review. Although not yet "official" until the ACE website is updated, we have good news to announce soon -- we expect in February. Essentially all the expired courses, as well as some new ones, will become available in the Saylor Direct Credit program once the results of the review are public.

ENGL001 and ENGL210, however, will not be available in the Saylor Direct Credit program, despite the positive ACE review from 2019. For those two courses, TECEP exams from Thomas Edison State University are a possible alternative to our exams."
It's about time. Do we know what new ACE courses they will have?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(01-22-2021, 05:00 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 02:40 PM)gams007 Wrote: I got response from Saylor they will be renewing the expired courses soon.

It's about time. Do we know what new ACE courses they will have?

Just be aware that we took two CS courses that were UL and accredited by ACE, but they transferred to TESU as LL.  Based on what you said, they will be renewed for ACE credit, but I imagine TESU will still bring them in as LL. (CS302: Software Engineering & CS402: Computer Communications and Networks.)
Just an update for those who are interested, currently (01/22/21) ACE has credit recommendations for the following Saylor courses:

BUSINESS:
Business law / Business stats / Corporate communication / Intro to business / Intro to financial accounting
Operations management / Organizational behavior / Principles of finance / Principles of management
Principles of marketing / Project management

GEN ED-TYPE:
Art appreciation / College success / English comp 1 / Intro to psychology
Intro to sociology / Intro to stats / Intro to western political thought

OTHER:
C++ programming / Calculus / Critical thinking / General chemistry 1 / Intro to comparative politics
Intro to electromagnetism / Intro to mechanics / Intro to molecular and cellular biology
Technical writing / World regional geography
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 1 user Likes StoicJ's post:
  • Dorothy44
(01-22-2021, 05:38 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Just be aware that we took two CS courses that were UL and accredited by ACE, but they transferred to TESU as LL.  Based on what you said, they will be renewed for ACE credit, but I imagine TESU will still bring them in as LL. (CS302: Software Engineering & CS402: Computer Communications and Networks.)

Just an FYI: you have to check the ACE guide to see if a course is LL or UL - the 2 courses you listed were numbered by Saylor in the 300 or 400 level, but they were never ACE-recommended as UL.  So they were never "UL courses" and TESU would never have brought them in as such.  If you would have asked on here prior to taking them, we would have told you that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-22-2021, 07:44 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 05:38 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Just be aware that we took two CS courses that were UL and accredited by ACE, but they transferred to TESU as LL.  Based on what you said, they will be renewed for ACE credit, but I imagine TESU will still bring them in as LL. (CS302: Software Engineering & CS402: Computer Communications and Networks.)

Just an FYI: you have to check the ACE guide to see if a course is LL or UL - the 2 courses you listed were numbered by Saylor in the 300 or 400 level, but they were never ACE-recommended as UL.  So they were never "UL courses" and TESU would never have brought them in as such.  If you would have asked on here prior to taking them, we would have told you that.
They were ACE recommended at the time, but I did not know about this place then!  It would have saved a lot of time.  However, they were credits used.
I Just notice that around 17 courses will expire in 4 month without counting the other bunch courses that already expired, If you still need cheap credits courses is good to start shooting on Saylor courses before they go R.I.P like the other expired courses.

In progress:
Completed:
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • Dorothy44
(02-10-2021, 07:59 AM)gams007 Wrote: I Just notice that around 17 courses will expire in 4 month without counting the other bunch courses that already expired, If you still need cheap credits courses is good to start shooting on Saylor courses before they go R.I.P like the other expired courses.

I read somewhere that Saylor it upgrading actually, and soon to possibly have a lot more courses to meet accreditation?  I can't remember where I read that,but this is on Saylor's website... "Note: most of all of the currently expired courses below are scheduled for review during the week of January 11 through January 15. Results of the review will be available soon thereafter."
(02-10-2021, 08:19 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 07:59 AM)gams007 Wrote: I Just notice that around 17 courses will expire in 4 month without counting the other bunch courses that already expired, If you still need cheap credits courses is good to start shooting on Saylor courses before they go R.I.P like the other expired courses.

I read somewhere that Saylor it upgrading actually, and soon to possibly have a lot more courses to meet accreditation?  I can't remember where I read that,but this is on Saylor's website... "Note: most of all of the currently expired courses below are scheduled for review during the week of January 11 through January 15. Results of the review will be available soon thereafter."

That note was written last year since those courses expired, I even emailed them several times asking the same question the said last year that in august will be ready but if you take a look they did not post the date with the current year so it could be also in 2022. Let's see by the end of this month. If nothing happen I will take most credits from before they expired as the others.

In progress:
Completed:
(02-10-2021, 10:30 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 08:19 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote:

That note was written last year since those courses expired, I even emailed them several times asking the same question the said last year that in august will be ready but if you take a look they did not post the date with the current year so it could be also in 2022. Let's see by the end of this month. If nothing happen I will take most credits from before they expired as the others.
You would have to find the thread again, but there was somewhere here that someone emailed them, and they said they had submitted their courses for renewal, as well as a few new ones to be evaluated, and they were going to have an update to share some time this month.

Nevermind, this is the very thread
[-] The following 1 user Likes ylmir's post:
  • Dorothy44

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,395 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,809 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 308 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77