Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Macro/Micro Economics
Saylor’s Macro and Microeconomics courses are ACE evaluated for 3 credits each. But do they not transfer into TESU? I was so looking forward to complete them.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(10-24-2018, 10:13 PM)Supermind Wrote: Saylor’s Macro and Microeconomics courses are ACE evaluated for 3 credits each. But do they not transfer into TESU? I was so looking forward to complete them.

You're the first person I've ever heard of to express excitement over the possibility of taking macro and microeconomics. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • jsd
Haha. That’s because I have a reasonably good grasp over both and thought I could earn some easy credits.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(10-24-2018, 10:13 PM)Supermind Wrote: Saylor’s Macro and Microeconomics courses are ACE evaluated for 3 credits each. But do they not transfer into TESU? I was so looking forward to complete them.

Why do you think they will not?  As you said they are both ACE recommended. TESU has no issue with Saylor ACE credits.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Why WOULDN'T they take these? They've taken everything else.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
On the Saylor website, there is a list of TESU equivalencies. Both these economics courses and several other courses are not to be seen in the list, even though they are ACE evaluated.

Anyways, I confirmed it with TESU and they sent me this link, which is the most updated list of Saylor-TESU courses.

https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/o...rse-option

(10-25-2018, 10:01 AM)Supermind Wrote: On the Saylor website, there is a list of TESU equivalencies. Both these economics courses and several other courses are not to be seen in the list, even though they are ACE evaluated.

Anyways, I confirmed it with TESU and they sent me this link, which is the most updated list of Saylor-TESU courses.

Did they actually TELL you the courses didn't transfer, or did they just send you the link? If the latter, you didn't really get an answer.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-25-2018, 10:01 AM)Supermind Wrote: On the Saylor website, there is a list of TESU equivalencies. Both these economics courses and several other courses are not to be seen in the list, even though they are ACE evaluated.

It's still not very updated.  First, it has multiple courses on there listed as UL equivalencies, which I doubt that they will give any more.  Second, it's missing courses that are ACE/NCCRS evaluated.  And third, it's listing courses that you can't actually get credit for (one group prepares you for the TECEP exams; the second prepares you for PLA's).  If you want to do a PLA, you can use any number of Saylor courses, not just the ones listed here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
They confirmed the courses do transfer into TESU, but are not mentioned on the Saylor website.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • cookderosa
(10-25-2018, 10:52 AM)Supermind Wrote: They confirmed the courses do transfer into TESU, but are not mentioned on the Saylor website.

You may remember Saylor just recently did an entire batch of ACE reviews (right after Alternative Credit Ecosystem closed) so the updates on various websites are probably just lagging. As far as I know, in the decade since I've followed TESU, the only time I know they've refused ACE credit was (is) with Shmoop. Someone can correct me if there are others, but I think any/all ACE credit is a safe bet at TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 307 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,519 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 533 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,264 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 843 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Upper-level writing & economics ? StoicJ 3 779 03-07-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: stickymoaning
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 741 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,365 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,386 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM