Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Strategic Management
Did anyone use this course to prepare for the TECEP? I did not see it as one of the aligned courses.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

It is listed as a resource (along with others) on a free-resource list I found. Here's the link: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/d..._TECEP.pdf
Just going by the outlines, I don't think using the Saylor on it's own would be enough to pass, but with some supplementary resources I think it might be doable. I am currently studying for this TECEP relying mostly on the recommended textbook and info from the specific exam thread, while using the Saylor quizzes and final as practice.
Hope this helps!
BSBA GM - TESU, 2017
120 credits applied using CLEP, DSST, Saylor, and TECEP exams - see my bio for exact exams!
pandas4eva Wrote:I am currently studying for this TECEP relying mostly on the recommended textbook and info from the specific exam thread, while using the Saylor quizzes and final as practice.

Thanks. I am not sure if I will have the patience to study a whole textbook Confusedmilelol: I will probably study the Saylor course, specific exam thread notes and Quizlet and read the summaries out of the textbook.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

kalishakti Wrote:Thanks. I am not sure if I will have the patience to study a whole textbook Confusedmilelol: I will probably study the Saylor course, specific exam thread notes and Quizlet and read the summaries out of the textbook.

It's actually HALF the textbook, not the whole thing - thank goodness!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This one I'm struggling with. The information is so boring and I keep falling asleep! I meant to take the test almost a month ago. I'm going to really try and buckle down maybe I'll use to saylor as a resource. Thanks for the suggestion!
Just an FYI: I took the TECEP today and can now say that I strongly believe that the Saylor course would not be enough on its own to pass the TECEP. There was definitely some stuff on there that is VERY textbook specific. The notes from bricabrac provide a really concise overview of some of the major topics. I used them last minute and saw a few multiple choice and short answer questions on the topics covered. For those studying without the textbook, I would completely recommend memorizing as much of those notes as you can!
BSBA GM - TESU, 2017
120 credits applied using CLEP, DSST, Saylor, and TECEP exams - see my bio for exact exams!
pandas4eva Wrote:Just an FYI: I took the TECEP today and can now say that I strongly believe that the Saylor course would not be enough on its own to pass the TECEP. There was definitely some stuff on there that is VERY textbook specific. The notes from bricabrac provide a really concise overview of some of the major topics. I used them last minute and saw a few multiple choice and short answer questions on the topics covered. For those studying without the textbook, I would completely recommend memorizing as much of those notes as you can!

When you say textbook specific do you mean like examples that are used in the book are in the test?

For example: In 2014 Walmart decided to set up shop in Mexico..... and because of this this blah blah blah Jobs were created this an... blah blah blah this an example of strategic advantage . But if I didn't read the book I might not fully understand the example?
There are not any specific examples. What I mean by textbook specific is that the major principles explicitly noted in the textbook are the same principles that are part of the short answer and essay questions. While it would definitely be possible to study those topics independently, it would be much easier to simply use the textbook to pinpoint the core subjects. The notes from bricabrac outline most of them. Hope this helps clear that up.
BSBA GM - TESU, 2017
pandas4eva Wrote:There are not any specific examples. What I mean by textbook specific is that the major principles explicitly noted in the textbook are the same principles that are part of the short answer and essay questions. While it would definitely be possible to study those topics independently, it would be much easier to simply use the textbook to pinpoint the core subjects. The notes from bricabrac outline most of them. Hope this helps clear that up.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 250 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,293 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Sophia Project Management MrBossmanJr 19 3,323 09-15-2023, 06:00 PM
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,518 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 530 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,262 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 841 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
  Sophia - Principles of Management Kones 6 2,047 02-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: tsgreer