Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor or Davar for last two business classes?
I'm down to two business classes left: International Business and Business Communications. I've maxed out the SDC monthly limit but want to keep going. I've read a bunch of dated posts (circa 2017) that have spoken highly of DAVAR if you're a good test taker. I believe I am. I've also seen some quality reviews of Saylor. So I ask, which site do you guys believe is better for these two classes in 2019? And why? I'll need the credits to transfer to TESU. I've taken probably 70-80 business/economics credits so I feel like a have a solid amount of baseline knowledge in both of these topics. While we're at it I also need an American Gov't class and after that, all my coursework will be complete. Is either of these two sites good for that? Thanks. ZC.
Ok so Saylor is only $25. So you could attempt Saylor and see how you do. If you fail you are only out $25. Now I dont know if that is a lot of money for you or not. Saylor doesn't have international business though.

Also there is a business in society tecep which is priced but if you want to go that route it will count for your international business requirement.

For America government I'd reccomend clep if you are near a test center that's what I did for mine.
Saylor doens't have International Business, and Davar has great pricing for "business class" so I'd go with them for Int'l Mgmt & Managerial Comm. They also have Am Govt, although you could do POLSC221: Intro to Comparative Politics at Saylor instead.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-01-2020, 12:51 AM)natshar Wrote: Ok so Saylor is only $25. So you could attempt Saylor and see how you do. If you fail you are only out $25. Now I dont know if that is a lot of money for you or not. Saylor doesn't have international business though.

Also there is a business in society tecep which is priced but if you want to go that route it will count for your international business requirement.

For America government I'd reccomend clep if you are near a test center that's what I did for mine.

have you taken any Saylor classes? if so thoughts? it's basically one test that determines if I pass or fail right?

(01-01-2020, 12:53 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Saylor doens't have International Business, and Davar has great pricing for "business class" so I'd go with them for Int'l Mgmt & Managerial Comm.  They also have Am Govt, although you could do POLSC221: Intro to Comparative Politics at Saylor instead.
Do you have any experience with Davar? The one concern I have is idk how long it would take to retain enough info to pass the test. Granted I feel like based on the prior schooling I could probably pass now. 

Do you think it will be confusing to transfer in credits from multiple sources to TESU? Right now as it stands I'll be transferring in ethics from the institutes, 5 SDC class (most likely 6 when it's all said and done), CSMlearn quant literacy, and then the Davar/Saylor creds. I know in the past you recommended I take all the classes at SDC probably for this reason but I can't wait. I'm on a roll and motivated so I want to keep testing. Thanks!
(01-01-2020, 01:09 AM)zebra cow Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 12:51 AM)natshar Wrote: Ok so Saylor is only $25. So you could attempt Saylor and see how you do. If you fail you are only out $25. Now I dont know if that is a lot of money for you or not. Saylor doesn't have international business though.

have you taken any Saylor classes? if so thoughts? it's basically one test that determines if I pass or fail right?

(01-01-2020, 12:53 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Saylor doens't have International Business, and Davar has great pricing for "business class" so I'd go with them for Int'l Mgmt & Managerial Comm.  They also have Am Govt, although you could do POLSC221: Intro to Comparative Politics at Saylor instead.
Do you have any experience with Davar? The one concern I have is idk how long it would take to retain enough info to pass the test. Granted I feel like based on the prior schooling I could probably pass now. 

Do you think it will be confusing to transfer in credits from multiple sources to TESU? Right now as it stands I'll be transferring in ethics from the institutes, 5 SDC class (most likely 6 when it's all said and done), CSMlearn quant literacy, and then the Davar/Saylor creds. I know in the past you recommended I take all the classes at SDC probably for this reason but I can't wait. I'm on a roll and motivated so I want to keep testing. Thanks!
Well I personally found Saylor difficult but like I said because it's so cheap you could at least try. You need a 70% on the final to pass. And its FREE to access the course and take a practice final. So why not at least look at it. If you score high on the practice final you will probably do good on the real thing. Saylor is graded 100% on the final and there have course material but it is all optional.

Actually it wouldn't be that many sources as institutes, CSM and saylor are all ace and go on an ace transcript. Study.com has their own transcript you send to tesu.
Just curious what class at saylor is managerial communications? I'm having a hard time identifying the one I gave to take

(01-01-2020, 01:48 AM)natshar Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 01:09 AM)zebra cow Wrote:

Well I personally found Saylor difficult but like I said because it's so cheap you could at least try. You need a 70% on the final to pass. And its FREE to access the course and take a practice final. So why not at least look at it. If you score high on the practice final you will probably do good on the real thing. Saylor is graded 100% on the final and there have course material but it is all optional.

Actually it wouldn't be that many sources as institutes, CSM and saylor are all ace and go on an ace transcript. Study.com has their own transcript you send to tesu.
Have you taken anything from Davar?
It's not at all confusing to transfer in credit from multiple sources, I wouldn't let that stop me. Davar is NCCRS, so they send a transcript directly to TESU (for free I think). Saylor would go on an ACE transcript.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Intro to comparative politics will transfer to TESU for the civil engagement criteria, correct? Sorry I just want to make sure I'm taking the right thing.
(01-01-2020, 09:29 PM)zebra cow Wrote:

Intro to comparative politics will transfer to TESU for the civil engagement criteria, correct? Sorry I just want to make sure I'm taking the right thing.
That's correct
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Sad 
Saylor has 9 courses expired on  their website https://www.saylor.org/credit/   Undecided let see if they take action for renewal.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 412 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,369 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 3,126 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  Do classes from Study.com & Sophia.org appear on Studentclearinghouse.org if... UMPI CanICode 9 1,136 10-17-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Study.com and SL History Classes Duneranger 8 731 09-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,561 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  What order to take classes in using Sophia ltw900rr 12 1,869 09-09-2023, 08:29 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Taking 23 classes at Sophia in one month, is that possible? elcastor21 13 2,133 08-31-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 569 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,409 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore