Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor's Communication course
Does anyone know if the Principles of Human Communication at Saylor counts for the oral communication requirement at TESU? 
I know it's a long shot, but I'm absolutely dreading having to take a speech class so I'm just trying to find the easiest way to satisfy that requirement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kalopsia's post:
  • karenmandatos
Not sure about the Saylor class but I took SDC Presentation Skils in the Workplace. Finished it in a day - super easy. No recordings and no assignments. Maybe that's a backup plan for you?
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 2 users Like suzycupcake's post:
  • CarpeDiem8, karenmandatos
(06-28-2019, 02:30 PM)Kalopsia Wrote: Does anyone know if the Principles of Human Communication at Saylor counts for the oral communication requirement at TESU? 
I know it's a long shot, but I'm absolutely dreading having to take a speech class so I'm just trying to find the easiest way to satisfy that requirement.

Have you looked at SDC's Comm 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace?
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 2 users Like CarpeDiem8's post:
  • karenmandatos, suzycupcake
I haven't looked into that class yet, but if it's really that easy I'll definitely consider it. I was planning on limiting my SDC classes to my AOS (Computer Science) just because it is more money out of pocket with them than some other ACPs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kalopsia's post:
  • karenmandatos
(06-28-2019, 02:59 PM)Kalopsia Wrote: I haven't looked into that class yet, but if it's really that easy I'll definitely consider it. I was planning on limiting my SDC classes to my AOS (Computer Science) just because it is more money out of pocket with them than some other ACPs.

That one and Developing Effective Teams from Sophia were by far the easiest courses I've taken.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • karenmandatos
(06-28-2019, 03:33 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 02:59 PM)Kalopsia Wrote: I haven't looked into that class yet, but if it's really that easy I'll definitely consider it. I was planning on limiting my SDC classes to my AOS (Computer Science) just because it is more money out of pocket with them than some other ACPs.

That one and Developing Effective Teams from Sophia were by far the easiest courses I've taken.

All of free Sophia courses are easy. I found the "student success" course to be the easiest I finished it in an hour.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • karenmandatos, suzycupcake
Saylor’s ‘Principles of oral communication’ does not fulfill the oral communication requirements at TESU, which is quite strange. I completed this course, and it is quite extensive. You could use it as a free elective for BA-LS though.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • karenmandatos
(06-28-2019, 05:40 PM)Supermind Wrote: Saylor’s ‘Principles of oral communication’ does not fulfill the oral communication requirements at TESU, which is quite strange. I completed this course, and it is quite extensive. You could use it as a free elective for BA-LS though.

Saylor doesn't have Principles of Oral Comm.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • karenmandatos
(06-29-2019, 02:47 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 05:40 PM)Supermind Wrote: Saylor’s ‘Principles of oral communication’ does not fulfill the oral communication requirements at TESU, which is quite strange. I completed this course, and it is quite extensive. You could use it as a free elective for BA-LS though.

True. It is called ‘Principles of Human Communication.’ But the content basically includes whatever is taught in SDC’s ‘presentation skills in the workplace’, and more. Like I said, it is quite extensive.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • karenmandatos
(06-29-2019, 06:53 AM)Supermind Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 02:47 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

True. It is called ‘Principles of Human Communication.’ But the content basically includes whatever is taught in SDC’s ‘presentation skills in the workplace’, and more. Like I said, it is quite extensive.

I wasn't talking about the content, but the course name.  If someone goes looking for Principles of Oral Comm on Saylor's site, they won't find it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • karenmandatos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 262 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,491 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 516 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,165 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 823 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,130 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 734 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,349 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,300 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for vetvso 4 842 09-24-2022, 11:20 PM