Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor's responsiveness
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a questions for some of you with more experience taking courses with Saylor; how long does it take for Saylor's transcripts to be received/reviewed by TESU? How was your experience with Saylor responding emails or posts in their support forums?

I took a course on November 6 and filled the online form to send the transcript to TESU, but so far still not showing in my TESU student page as received. I have emailed Saylor a couple times asking for a confirmation of the transcript being sent, and never got a response. I have posted in their forums with a question about other issue, but nobody responds there either.

Don't get me wrong, I love that the study material is free and the tests are super cheap at Saylor. I just want to know if I should keep trying to get an answer about that course, or just stick to Saylor only for the ACE accredited courses.

Thanks,
(12-19-2018, 01:04 AM)Dee12 Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a questions for some of you with more experience taking courses with Saylor; how long does it take for Saylor's transcripts to be received/reviewed by TESU? How was your experience with Saylor responding emails or posts in their support forums?

I took a course on November 6 and filled the online form to send the transcript to TESU, but so far still not showing in my TESU student page as received. I have emailed Saylor a couple times asking for a confirmation of the transcript being sent, and never got a response. I have posted in their forums with a question about other issue, but nobody responds there either.

Don't get me wrong, I love that the study material is free and the tests are super cheap at Saylor. I just want to know if I should keep trying to get an answer about that course, or just stick to Saylor only for the ACE accredited courses.

Thanks,

I'm confused by the last paragraph.  Are you saying that you took a non-ACE recommended course at Saylor and haven't gotten a transcript sent?  As in NCCRS rather than ACE?  Or not college-credit worthy at all?

Also, are you enrolled at TESU?  Are you sure the problem is on Saylor's side rather than there being an issue at TESU?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sorry I wasn't clear, I took a NCCRS accredited class, and to transfer the credit used this page on Nov 06. I am enrolled at TESU, and when I contacted them, they told me that they did not receive the transfer from Saylor yet.

I contacted Saylor to ask for the status of the transfer, but nobody responds. I don't know if the issue is at Saylor or at TESU, since I was only able to talk to TESU and not with Saylor. 

I posted to know if any user had problems communicating with Saylor before, and to find out how was their experience transferring credits (NCCRS) directly from Saylor to TESU.
(12-19-2018, 02:37 AM)Dee12 Wrote: Sorry I wasn't clear, I took a NCCRS accredited class, and to transfer the credit used this page on Nov 06. I am enrolled at TESU, and when I contacted them, they told me that they did not receive the transfer from Saylor yet.

I contacted Saylor to ask for the status of the transfer, but nobody responds. I don't know if the issue is at Saylor or at TESU, since I was only able to talk to TESU and not with Saylor. 

I posted to know if any user had problems communicating with Saylor before, and to find out how was their experience transferring credits (NCCRS) directly from Saylor to TESU.

I have contacted Saylor a few times. At most, I got a response several weeks later saying they've been overwhelmed and are forwarding it to the appropriate team, then nothing.
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 433 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,565 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 573 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,390 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 885 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,185 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 756 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,409 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,499 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for vetvso 4 868 09-24-2022, 11:20 PM