Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schmoop quizzes?
I just started a Schmoop course for the first time today.  They say the quizzes are there to help give you an idea of how well you know the material -- but I couldn't find a way to see what I'd missed.  Is there a way to do that, that I'm overlooking?  Or are you just not able to see any more than how many you got right?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
As far as I know, there is no way to see quiz answer choices after submission. 

The other thing quizzes are really useful for is padding your grade. Quizzes do count toward the overall grade, look for the blue 'view progress' button, to see the effect of the quizzes in both overall grade and toggle to the individual. You can retake them once.
According to the intro, quizzes don't count toward the overall grade, but unit tests do.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

Okay - quizzes show the answers

Unit tests do not.

Quizzes do not count.

Unit tests count.

People are just mixing up terminology.
You can hit the back button on quizzes to see the answers. FYI quizzes didn't help when I was doing the tests. Their tests are very hard imo
Oh, I didn't try the back button (I don't think). But I did eventually figure out that if I used the syllabus to navigate back to the beginning of the lesson and move forward until I reached the quiz, it showed the answers.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

Advice/Recommendation: Create a searchable document (word or pdf file). Basically, copy each page of the course unit into the document so you can find the answers quickly. It'll be an "open book exam" type of thing for each unit test and even the finals. You'll have to also have the course open on another browser just in case some has links/pictures, etc and the info is in those links.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • a2jc4life, lmckown
(08-30-2017, 04:07 PM)Old Guy Wrote: Okay - quizzes show the answers

Unit tests do not.

Quizzes do not count.

Unit tests count.

People are just mixing up terminology.

Yes, sorry about that. Where I was saying quizzes I meant end of unit exams.
(08-31-2017, 11:01 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Advice/Recommendation: Create a searchable document (word or pdf file).  Basically, copy each page of the course unit into the document so you can find the answers quickly.  It'll be an "open book exam" type of thing for each unit test and even the finals.  You'll have to also have the course open on another browser just in case some has links/pictures, etc and the info is in those links.

Have you been able to do this with Shmoop? Every time I try to print or select-all, or save as pdf or any other thing.... I get a garbled mess.
That's because of the formatting and extra coding on the webpage. The easiest way to get that done basically is to copy just the text.
If it goes overboard and copies a picture, or banner, then don't select it, go through that diligently until all the texts are showing in your word document and you can save a searchable copy in word & pdf.

Make sure to also have the actual Course open in one browser and the exam in another browser/tab. This way, you can review the pictures/links or anything missing in the pdf/word doc. Sometimes I would also copy the hyperlinks if there's a lot of useful info in them... otherwise, I leave it.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com - Optional quizzes? kylan11 4 489 12-31-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,523 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Study.com Quizzes dissappeared channaleah 2 605 01-31-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: channaleah
  Study.com Course with 137 Quizzes taking ridiculously long mohelena02 11 1,914 01-09-2022, 02:29 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Completed quizzes study.com Lacedonia4 18 2,542 08-18-2020, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Redoing quizzes after taking a final on study.com? blt93933 1 926 03-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Study.com Quizzes - 4/5? Mab81 4 1,170 11-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Study.com - What does 'Optional' mean on quizzes? Mab81 6 2,276 11-11-2018, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Mistakes in study.com lessons/quizzes fork 13 2,719 05-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Do SHMOOP quizzes count towards the overall grade? kevinmane 5 1,396 03-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Last Post: chattenoire