Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scholarship
(09-02-2019, 03:21 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I have a group of sons in school now - 3 in college and 1 in high school.  My oldest 3 have all applied for scholarships, and all using the link that is in this thread.

Son #1 has earned a handful - maybe 4 or 5, but all small.  I think he has earned about $5,000 total give or take. His school is very expensive, so he applied for a lot to get what he did - maybe 30 applications.

Son #2 - at COSC, applied for 2 distance learning scholarships didn't get either

Son #3 - at our community college, applied for 5 scholarships and got all 5. He rec'd full tuition and books with an overage.  So, not huge dollar-wise, but percentage-wise was more than 100%, so we are very pleased. He will save that overage to put toward next year in the event that he doesn't have repeat success.

I have a friend who started a scholarship business, she got all 4 years of her tuition and room and books paid- she even had an overage.  Her's was 6-figures.  The take-away she taught me is that you're not applying for enough scholarships.  Apply weekly until you graduate and walk the stage.  She said she applied every weekend and attributes that to not only increasing her odds, but learning what they liked - she said a good essay (one that results in $$$) should be reused.

Thanks for the advice! I will keep trying and hopefully will return with a success story!
[-] The following 1 user Likes fingerscrossedx2's post:
  • cookderosa
(09-02-2019, 03:21 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I have a group of sons in school now - 3 in college and 1 in high school.  My oldest 3 have all applied for scholarships, and all using the link that is in this thread.

Son #1 has earned a handful - maybe 4 or 5, but all small.  I think he has earned about $5,000 total give or take. His school is very expensive, so he applied for a lot to get what he did - maybe 30 applications.

Son #2 - at COSC, applied for 2 distance learning scholarships didn't get either

Son #3 - at our community college, applied for 5 scholarships and got all 5. He rec'd full tuition and books with an overage.  So, not huge dollar-wise, but percentage-wise was more than 100%, so we are very pleased. He will save that overage to put toward next year in the event that he doesn't have repeat success.

I have a friend who started a scholarship business, she got all 4 years of her tuition and room and books paid- she even had an overage.  Her's was 6-figures.  The take-away she taught me is that you're not applying for enough scholarships.  Apply weekly until you graduate and walk the stage.  She said she applied every weekend and attributes that to not only increasing her odds, but learning what they liked - she said a good essay (one that results in $$$) should be reused.
Hi

How many pages essay did your son write for scholarship? What other tip you can provide for submitting the scholarship?
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for a scholarship that would cover for distance learning expenses blablablox 5 887 11-15-2022, 10:23 PM
Last Post: thodeptrai
  NYU MS Cybersecurity - 75% scholarship discount newdegree 17 2,260 12-10-2021, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Gies iMBA Scholarship bigrivergroup 5 1,876 04-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  WGU Cybersecurity Scholarship. ChilliDawg 3 1,349 12-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Youth ministry grad scholarship DavidHume 0 1,122 03-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Last Post: DavidHume