Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HappyPeanut - Progress Thread
Heart 
I successfully completed all course requirements for my first course at Sophia.org. My finial score was 78% meaning i passed the course! I feel very proud of myself for doing it. I will continue to do all my general ed on Sophia.org and wait to see where it takes me. it took a whole month to finished my first course because i had to learn how the platform works and how to study for milestones etc. This time i will try taking 2 courses at a time.

I have this on my screen:
It may take up to 2 business days to finalize your course and prepare your official transcript.

I don't plan to send over my transcripts to any schools yet. Can i just accumulate courses on Sophia with out sending out my credits or will there be consequences if i don't send them out? Thanks Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes HappyPeanut's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(08-18-2021, 06:17 PM)HappyPeanut Wrote: I successfully completed all course requirements for my first course at Sophia.org. My finial score was 78% meaning i passed the course! I feel very proud of myself for doing it. I will continue to do all my general ed on Sophia.org and wait to see where it takes me. it took a whole month to finished my first course because i had to learn how the platform works and how to study for milestones etc. This time i will try taking 2 courses at a time.

It may take up to 2 business days to finalize your course and prepare your official transcript.

I don't plan to send over my transcripts to any schools yet. Can i just accumulate courses on Sophia with out sending out my credits or will there be consequences if i don't send them out? Thanks
You can wait to send them.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Thanks to the sweet year deal, two of my kids have a ton of credit on Sophia.org, and so far it's just sitting there, they haven't set up ACE accounts yet or anything.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(08-18-2021, 06:17 PM)HappyPeanut Wrote: I successfully completed all course requirements for my first course at Sophia.org. My finial score was 78% meaning i passed the course! I feel very proud of myself for doing it. I will continue to do all my general ed on Sophia.org and wait to see where it takes me. it took a whole month to finished my first course because i had to learn how the platform works and how to study for milestones etc. This time i will try taking 2 courses at a time.

I don't plan to send over my transcripts to any schools yet. Can i just accumulate courses on Sophia with out sending out my credits or will there be consequences if i don't send them out? Thanks Heart

There's no rush to send transcripts out.  Those credits will just sit there like an IRA.

Sophia is a great way to jump-start your degree program.  Before you know it, you'll have 20, 30, 60 credits and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(08-18-2021, 08:16 PM)ctcarl Wrote: There's no rush to send transcripts out.  Those credits will just sit there like an IRA.

I wish! Can you imagine banking some credit when you're a kid and then by the time you're 30 it's a degree's worth? Big Grin
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, rachel83az

You are not obligated to take 2 courses at a time.  I only take 1 course at a time and focus on that and push through as quickly as I can.  It might slow you down to be going between 2 courses.  But, that's just my opinion, everyone finds their own best path.  Good luck!
HappyPeanut, that's awesome! If you have more energy/time, take two or more a month. I highly suggest if you don't have a second monitor, to add that for multi-tasking and searching. I have a laptop and a second monitor when I work on Sophia.org courses, it's easier to find the answers I am reviewing as it's all open book.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
2 at a time is good for when you're waiting for milestones to be graded. For instance, you can finish Business Law completely but you won't be able to finalize your grade unless the assignment has been graded. Since this can take a couple of days, that's when you start on the 2nd course. Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • k-k-k-katy, SteveFoerster
Hi everyone! I hope you all been good! I've been working on my credits on Sophia.org. I just finished my second class and now moving on to my third course. I'm taking introduction to Ethics. I will take two courses at the same time. I feel i have the power to push myself a little more! I will keep you guys updated on my journey with my degree in management!
[-] The following 1 user Likes HappyPeanut's post:
  • tallpilot
keep up the good work!
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC related course progress Blckbuster 3 707 05-30-2022, 02:59 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Heart HappyPeanut - Questions & Answers HappyPeanut 21 2,491 11-15-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  TESU - Onlinedegree.com Transfer Thread Lewis.Yim 19 5,517 04-01-2020, 12:57 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  OnlineDegree ---> COSC Transfer Thread cookderosa 9 2,640 10-17-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
Wink The general "where can I find this class" thread icampy 13 3,134 08-29-2019, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  How to clear out progress on Study.com course? Pelican 2 1,486 01-06-2019, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Shmoop retain progress? xjarhead1999 3 1,381 06-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Last Post: leeloodallas
  Study.com - Course Progress? Is this normal?? acamp 10 2,518 03-20-2018, 11:02 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Cancelling Study.com - do you lose progress? jamshid666 5 2,206 02-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Study.com Lost progress? Mamalady 3 1,214 01-26-2018, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Study.com