Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schools like WGU for an accelerated / affordable Masters (Business)
Question 
Hi All,

Just finished my B.S. in Business Management degree at WGU.  I cannot matriculate to their MS or MBA because I finished early and have 4.5 months left in my semester.  I'm looking to get started on something in the meantime, either by taking some transferable course work or just choosing to do my graduate degree at another school. 

I understand I may need to make tradeoffs but ideally I'd like to find the following in a school. 
- Regionally accredited preferably non-profit.
- Able to complete in 12 months or less
- Online only
- Affordable without massive debt
- Has an upcoming start date (sometime in next 2 months)

Are there any options? Or Should I just wait and jump in at WGU again next year?
(09-22-2019, 12:19 PM)tpratt4321 Wrote: Hi All,

Just finished my B.S. in Business Management degree at WGU.  I cannot matriculate to their MS or MBA because I finished early and have 4.5 months left in my semester.  I'm looking to get started on something in the meantime, either by taking some transferable course work or just choosing to do my graduate degree at another school. 

I understand I may need to make tradeoffs but ideally I'd like to find the following in a school. 
- Regionally accredited preferably non-profit.
- Able to complete in 12 months or less
- Online only
- Affordable without massive debt
- Has an upcoming start date (sometime in next 2 months)

Are there any options? Or Should I just wait and jump in at WGU again next year?

The issue I think you will run into is if your undergraduate degree has been conferred. You will not be able to begin a graduate program unless your undergrad degree has been conferred.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(09-22-2019, 12:22 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: The issue I think you will run into is if your undergraduate degree has been conferred. You will not be able to begin a graduate program unless your undergrad degree has been conferred.

Fortunately, WGU will confer their degree after course completion and not at the end of the semester. Their issue with starting in a new program is that you can't matriculate to a second degree program until your semester end date. They told me it has something to do with Dept. of Ed requirements. I'm hoping there are other options to pursue a similar program rather than wait 4 months to continue there.
Non-Profit Competency-Based Programs: Brandman University, Northern Arizona University, University of Wisconsin, John F. Kennedy University, and Purdue Global

For-Profit Competency-Based Programs: Rasmussen College, Capella University, and Walden University
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Some schools might admit you conditionally without a conferred degree, or let you take classes as a non-degree student which would apply once you get admitted. I'm not sure which schools.

Just in case you didn't know, WGU does not accept transfer credits at the graduate level.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 283 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 497 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 271 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,099 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 4,663 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,190 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,977 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,635 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 524 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,593 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7