Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching Best Contact at TESU? WRP Registration Request
I would like to reach out to TESU about getting involved in the Workforce Recruitment Program, a grant funded program from the Department of Labor. School registration has opened.

The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs. The U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the U.S. Department of Defense's Office of Diversity Management & Equal Opportunity (ODMEO) manage the program, which continues to be successful with the participation of many other federal agencies and sub-agencies. Since the program's expansion in 1995, over 6,000 students and recent graduates have received temporary and permanent employment opportunities through the WRP.

https://wrp.gov/AboutPre.do you can read more about it here.

A ton of schools all over the country participate including almost all of the state schools near me. Also oddly enough WGU participates.

Let me explain in a nut shell. The government has a grant to hire individuals with disabilities, usually for a 3-5 month internship with the possibility of conversion to FTE. To be qualified you must have a schedule A letter to be enrolled. Once enrolled you will be contacted by an interviewer who will ask you for your resume and questions about what your goals are, education, skills, softskills, things of that nature. He/she will compile that information into a database. Once in the database many federal agencies have access to your file and they can pick someone up quickly without going through the standard process by utilizing the "Schedule A Hiring Authority". The student application period is in the fall and you normally do not hear back from employees until spring/summertime.

I was reading the list of participating schools and a lot of great schools are on there. https://wrp.gov/SchoolUserRegisterSelect...FormPre.do

It does say TESU is on the list, however I am not sure if that is because I added it. It wasn't on the list last year. But if it is I would like to contact the coordinator for this.

I tend to have trouble getting answers and correct responses from TESU. I am looking for contacts who can get things done. Even if the final answer is no and they are not interested.
Well I sent an email to some different departments. Maybe I will hear back
That's interesting. I hope they will take your resume and interview you!

So you can only apply at the school you're enrolled in? Once you graduate, can you apply to many schools?

Ideas Wrote:That's interesting. I hope they will take your resume and interview you!

So you can only apply at the school you're enrolled in? Once you graduate, can you apply to many schools?

No in order to participate you need to be a full time student or have just graduated within 2 years if I remember correctly.

The interview isn't done through TESU it is done through WRP. But in order to be interviewed you need to meet the requirements. Most people on this forum would probably need to wait until graduation in order to get accepted due to full time requirement but if you continue onto grad school than that could work to your favor because WRP accepts people in grad school as well. It is an avenue into the federal government.

It is big in DC and a lot of agencies utilize pathways. I can't speak to other areas of the country, but if your resume is good and the federal government doesn't shut down in fall you are almost guaranteed a summer internship that will last 3-5 month. It is not uncommon to see conversions into the Pathway program or other NTE 1-2 years.
I think Learner Support would be a good department to contact. Extremely friendly
group, they're role is to help the students. If nothing else they could get you to the right place.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/lsc/Staff.cfm

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore