Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for elective core finance online courses-BSBA in Finance @ TESU
Don Stoltz. If you want to talk to him, and only him, you need to set up an advising appointment in the TESU system (and not just email advising blindly).

If you want Real Estate Finance specifically, the only alt credit one I see is this one: https://cftnow.org/courses/real-estate-finance-course/ It is almost $800, though. Ouch! It is only a LL course, per https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1 You'd have to talk to Mr. Stoltz to see if TESU will accept it, if you want to take it anyway.

A community college may offer a similar class at a cheaper price point. The CC class would almost definitely be accepted at TESU as a LL finance course, which you'd want to confirm before taking.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-23-2023, 07:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Don Stoltz. If you want to talk to him, and only him, you need to set up an advising appointment in the TESU system (and not just email advising blindly).

If you want Real Estate Finance specifically, the only alt credit one I see is this one: https://cftnow.org/courses/real-estate-finance-course/ It is almost $800, though. Ouch! It is only a LL course, per https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1 You'd have to talk to Mr. Stoltz to see if TESU will accept it, if you want to take it anyway.

A community college may offer a similar class at a cheaper price point. The CC class would almost definitely be accepted at TESU as a LL finance course, which you'd want to confirm before taking.

You are great. Thank you.
Guys, I am trying to make sense of what I have learned from you so far:

Assuming I don't have any ACE or PLA credits to create/transfer, I understand that I can transfer up to 104 credits to TESU. (the leftover 16 credits should be for waiving the residency fee)

If TESU allows only 90 credits transferred from Community College (I plan to transfer 77 credits from CC), then does this mean that Study.com and Sophia count more than community college?
if that is the case, the courses that I took/am taking/will take at TESU are the following:

FIN-301 Principles of Finance - completed
PLA-100 Prior Learning Assessment - in progress (1 credit class)
MAN-372 International Management - in progress
BUS-210 Quantitive Skills for Business - in progress (must take in TESU)
SOS-110 INFORMATION LITERACY - Planned (Must take in TESU)
BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone - Planned (per my evaluation, I must take this in TESU)
That's a total of 16 credits.

Updated spreadsheet of my degree progress:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...3v/pubhtml

Let me know if my math is right, please:
77 Comunity college +
16 TESU +
27 (Study.com and Sophia)
-----------------------------
120 total credits.

BUS-210 doesn't have to be taken at TESU. It can be CSM Learn. Since you say that yours is already in progress, it's a bit too late for that, unfortunately.

You can transfer in:
90 alternate credits (Sophia, Saylor, Study.com, etc.) AND 90 CC credits AND 90 foreign credits (evaluated as RA-equivalent) AND unlimited 4-year school RA credits. Now, obviously, most people don't need 270+ credits for their degrees. But alt credits are no more or less important than RA credits. Some people have more alt credits, some people have fewer of them.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-23-2023, 08:54 PM)Ofeezee Wrote: Guys, I am trying to make sense of what I have learned from you so far:

Assuming I don't have any ACE or PLA credits to create/transfer, I understand that I can transfer up to 104 credits to TESU. (the leftover 16 credits should be for waiving the residency fee)

If TESU allows only 90 credits transferred from Community College (I plan to transfer 77 credits from CC), then does this mean that Study.com and Sophia count more than community college?
if that is the case, the courses that I took/am taking/will take at TESU are the following:

FIN-301 Principles of Finance - completed
PLA-100 Prior Learning Assessment - in progress (1 credit class)
MAN-372 International Management - in progress
BUS-210  Quantitive Skills for Business - in progress (must take in TESU)
SOS-110 INFORMATION LITERACY - Planned (Must take in TESU)
BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone - Planned (per my evaluation, I must take this in TESU)
That's a total of 16 credits.

Updated spreadsheet of my degree progress:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...3v/pubhtml

77 Comunity college +
16 TESU +
120 total credits.

If you want to avoid paying the $3288 residency fee, you need at least 16 courses taken at TESU.

The cheapest way to do 16 credits is via a flat-rate term.

$3686 New Jersy Residents (for up to 16 credits)
$4778 Out of State Residents (for up to 16 credits)

Or pay per credit.

$6576 New Jersy Residents (for 16 credits @ $411 per credit)
$8560 Out of State Residents (for up to 16 credits @ $535 per credit)

If you take only the SOS-100 and Capstone, then pay residency fee, your total would be:

$2466 tuition + $3288 residency fee = $5754 (For New Jersy Residents)
$3210 tuition + $3288 residency fee = $6498 (Out of State Residents)

https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/per-credit
https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition

It's too late for you to save the maximum amount of money, and doing everything in one flat-rate term can be stressful for a lot of people. 

The only grades that will be on your transcript will be from TESU courses.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Ofeezee Wrote:If TESU allows only 90 credits transferred from Community College (I plan to transfer 77 credits from CC), then does this mean that Study.com and Sophia count more than community college?

77 Comunity college +
16 TESU +
120 total credits.

Ofeezee, I don't really get what you're asking with the above question.  Sophia.org/Study.com courses do not count more than the community college credits in your case.  You can transfer in 114 credits total, 30 of them need to be RA which means they have to be from a combination of community college, 4 year college, or university, even in house TESU courses would fit these 30 credit requirements if you wanted to splurge on them.  One thing to note is, don't dwell on the number of credits, not everyone gets exactly 120 credits as some take extra 1 or 2 credit courses out there, you must make sure you have all 40 course requirements completed.

For reference, if you have the time, you may want to review these threads:
Transfer Policy: TESU Transfer Policy - Explained (degreeforum.net)
Courses vs Residency Waiver #1: TESU Residency Waiver vs Taking Courses (degreeforum.net)
16 Credits vs Residency Waiver #2: Options for 16 Credits to Rid of Residency Waiver Fee (degreeforum.net)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I started this thread asking about my core elective options, but with all the knowledge you guys have; I am ending up planning my degree much better. It has been only good news for me so far.

I have another question for all your brilliant minds out there:

When I made my first bulk transfer from the CC to TESU, they applied MAT-123 Statistics I as a duplicate and did not count it toward my degree plan in the evaluation.

In the same bulk of credit transfer, I also transferred two courses:
SBM-230 Risk and Financial Management which they counted as a Lower Level Finance Core elective and
SBM-120 Small Business Management which they counted as a general elective.

My question is can they apply the second business class (SBM-120) as the 2nd core elective required and, this way, make room for MAT-123 in the general electives?

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.
(01-24-2023, 04:25 PM)Ofeezee Wrote: I started this thread asking about my core elective options, but with all the knowledge you guys have; I am ending up planning my degree much better. It has been only good news for me so far.

When I made my first bulk transfer from the CC to TESU, they applied MAT-123 Statistics I as a duplicate and did not count it toward my degree plan in the evaluation.

SBM-230 Risk and Financial Management which they counted as a Lower Level Finance Core elective and

My question is can they apply the second business class (SBM-120) as the 2nd core elective required and, this way, make room for MAT-123 in the general electives?

MAT-123 and MAT-285 are MCC course numbers?

When you transfer a course to TESU, the course number will change to TESU's course number, which maybe it was something like STA-201 Principles of Statistics. In the event the course numbers are the same, they will overlap, and there is nothing you can do about it unless you appeal the evaluation, which may or may not work.

SBM-120 Small Business Management doesn't look like a finance course, so I doubt it would do any good to appeal the evaluation.

I believe the process is first to try to appeal to the Registrar, then to the Dean if that doesn't work.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-24-2023, 05:54 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 04:25 PM)Ofeezee Wrote: I started this thread asking about my core elective options, but with all the knowledge you guys have; I am ending up planning my degree much better. It has been only good news for me so far.

MAT-123 and MAT-285 are MCC course numbers?

When you transfer a course to TESU, the course number will change to TESU's course number, which maybe it was something like STA-201 Principles of Statistics. In the event the course numbers are the same, they will overlap, and there is nothing you can do about it unless you appeal the evaluation, which may or may not work.

SBM-120 Small Business Management doesn't look like a finance course, so I doubt it would do any good to appeal the evaluation.

I believe the process is first to try to appeal to the Registrar, then to the Dean if that doesn't work.
Yes, MAT-123 and MAT-285 are MCC course numbers.

I have another Business requirement that is not planned which is MAN 373 Managerial Communications (TESU code).
Do you think the CC course in Small business management can substitute for this one instead?
Ofeezee Wrote:I have another Business requirement that is not planned which is MAN 373 Managerial Communications (TESU code).
Do you think the CC course in Small business management can substitute for this one instead?

Short answer: No.

Two things: 1) You're trying to substitute a course with another, generally for courses in the same subject and level, it may work if the content is very similar, such as using a LL Business Communication instead of UL Managerial Communications. The one you've mentioned are in two subject areas even though they're part of Business Admin studies. Unfortunately... You can't try to place a Management course into a Communications course.

2) You have an academic evaluation from TESU, please create a pdf or screenshot of the evaluation so we have all the details including the "other" courses below the line and the "notes", only thing to remove is your personal details. Have it stored to your google drive or one drive as a viewable link (not editable). It's easier to see if something can be moved around or not that way instead of asking one course at a time.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LVN/LPN to RN - options for (mostly) online education? studyingfortests 0 12 52 minutes ago
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,899 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 193 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 185 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 382 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 23 1,749 04-01-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: quanticmba
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 453 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,015 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 779 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP