Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for elective core finance online courses-BSBA in Finance @ TESU
I am attaching the link for my evaluation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vj_cc6L...sp=sharing

I just spoke to the advising hotline, and they said I couldn't apply this class anywhere in my degree.
Thank you.
They're probably right, in this case, but the advising hotline is very often wrong. I would suggest only making advising appointments with Don Stoltz in the future, if you must talk to someone at TESU for some reason.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-24-2023, 10:34 PM)Ofeezee Wrote: [quote pid='386085' dateline='1674600854']
[quote pid='386080' dateline='1674595549']
I also transferred two courses:
SBM-230 Risk and Financial Management which they counted as a Lower Level Finance Core elective and
SBM-120 Small Business Management which they counted as a general elective.

My question is can they apply the second business class (SBM-120) as the 2nd core elective required and, this way, make room for MAT-123 in the general electives?

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

[/quote]

I have another Business requirement that is not planned which is MAN 373 Managerial Communications (TESU code).
Do you think the CC course in Small business management can substitute for this one instead?
[/quote]

Anything that's coming from a CC will be LL; so that seems right.

Small Business Management is a MAN course, which is not applicable to your degree - you can only use FIN and ECO courses in your AoS.  So that course would be a free elective.

Managerial/Business Communications is specific - there are courses that would fit here, but they're going to be called Managerial Communications or Business Communications.  Small Business Management is NOT a Communications course, so they won't substitute it.

Your eval is correct; I wouldn't bother asking anyone at TESU about it, because I've seen hundreds if not thousands of evals, and this substitution will not work.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you, guys. That was a long shot, anyway.
My online degree got easier, thanks to all of you.
Hi, I'm just checking the link for your evaluation, it's needing you to grant access to viewing the file... It'll let me see the 'full' picture of your missing credits and can provide you advice on which provider to complete them with. Generally, you want to follow the WIKI.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-25-2023, 09:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hi, I'm just checking the link for your evaluation, it's needing you to grant access to viewing the file...  It'll let me see the 'full' picture of your missing credits and can provide you advice on which provider to complete them with.  Generally, you want to follow the WIKI.

I approved it

The planned ones in the General Education rubric can be changed (Introduction to ART, US National government, World Geography)

I am currently in class for the following: Climate science, Principles of Management, International Management and Quantitive Skills for Business)
Weird, for some reason I thought you had more credits than that. You've got all your courses used up from the Associates, there's just one Calculus course at the bottom of your list under "other". Hmm, I suggest staying your current path and completing what you have set up for now. Use the WIKI for reference to remaining requirements.

I would follow what's on the WIKI for the course recommendations in the BSBA AOS. There is no need to swap any business core courses at all, continue with the recommended ACE providers for the remaining general education and AOS courses through out the remainder of the degree, get those credits to finish the degree...

I have the same degree planned currently, sorry for the dumb question but.... where's the link to this specific WIKI ?
The finance degree is here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@bspecv, you should review the other AOS as well, the only difference is the 18 AOS credits, at the end of the day, it's just a BSBA. Here's the TESU links, you can decide say a BSBA GM and get a couple or more certs, maybe add an associates, whatever floats your boat: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:TESU

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 617 1 hour ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,478 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 377 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 635 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 171 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 525 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,256 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
  Affordable Online Masters degrees related to biology NotJoeBiden 6 458 01-24-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley