Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Bachelor’s with FlexPath?
Just FYI, ALEKS through ASU contains links to lectures on various topics. Some at Khan Academy, some from ASU. There is slightly more content than just the ALEKS platform itself.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
I asked COSC if I have to do the cornerstone as a second degree student and that's what they said:

"All undergraduate students are required to take the Cornerstone course, at Charter Oak State College. Additionally, undergraduate students preparing to graduate with a bachelor's degree must complete a concentration or major capstone course at Charter Oak State College with a grade of "C" or higher."
(04-06-2021, 08:03 PM)arad Wrote: I asked COSC if I have to do the cornerstone as a second degree student and that's what they said:

"All undergraduate students are required to take the Cornerstone course, at Charter Oak State College. Additionally, undergraduate students preparing to graduate with a bachelor's degree must complete a concentration or major capstone course at Charter Oak State College with a grade of "C" or higher."

Well that's a bummer.  They call it a "foundational course" that must be taken in the first term, after English Comp 1 but before English Comp 2.  So it's silly to have someone with a bachelor's degree have to take this course.

Ok, so here are revised prices:

COSC $2,848 (cornerstone & capstone - confirmed)
EC $3,710 (capstone only - NOT confirmed)
TESU $5,097 (capstone only - confirmed)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vle045
Oh snap! I thought they would omit the cornerstone for COSC. Oh well, the other options aren't bad either, someone should email Excelsior and find out, they have a free application going on if you already have some courses from ACE partners such as Sophia, StraighterLine, Study.com and even NCCRS such as Onlinedegree.com - I would say apply to each college to see where you stand, whichever gives you the "degree" with the cheap/easy/fast all factored in would be the one with greatest ROI/Value.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Really thinking hard about getting a second Bachelors degree in all of the Mathematics & Science that I studiously avoided when I did the initial BA in Liberal Studies.
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
(04-09-2021, 11:38 AM)dewisant Wrote: Really thinking hard about getting a second Bachelors degree in all of the Mathematics & Science that I studiously avoided when I did the initial BA in Liberal Studies.

Perhaps, this is one of my dumber ideas?
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
(04-10-2021, 04:06 PM)dewisant Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 11:38 AM)dewisant Wrote: Really thinking hard about getting a second Bachelors degree in all of the Mathematics & Science that I studiously avoided when I did the initial BA in Liberal Studies.

I wouldn't say that. But you might want to start a new thread of your own about that. You might get a better response. Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
(04-10-2021, 04:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 04:06 PM)dewisant Wrote:

I wouldn't say that. But you might want to start a new thread of your own about that. You might get a better response. Smile

Nah, learning anything that intrigues you isn't dumb at all, I would take any of the usual cheap/free options for learning purposes and for lower level or upper level credit. You can also try your hand at the COSC Individual Studies or Liberal Studies with a couple of science concentrations if you wanted to go for a second degree (all the sciences count except for computer science). Learn what you want to learn, even if it may seem dumb or weird at the moment...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dewisant

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 388 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 373 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 356 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
Question Degree Planning: Seeking a Bachelor's Degree from UMPI JayJohnson813 12 909 12-01-2023, 01:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Fastest online bachelor’s degree SmugKitten 6 1,424 10-02-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  63 credits. Please help me finish my bachelor's Confusedali 10 635 09-28-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Confusedali
  Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree MidtownNYC 2 439 09-04-2023, 10:56 AM
  I Want A Bachelor's Degree Which Path Is The Fastest For Me?? jrose963 15 1,583 08-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jrose963
  Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree? adaggiote 2 457 08-12-2023, 10:44 AM
  Need a Bachelor's degree for promotion. cj91 23 1,365 08-11-2023, 11:00 PM