Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Bachelor's and Assoc
You can do the degrees concurrently.

Concurrent Degree Policy
A student cannot concurrently earn a degree using substantially the same courses at two different institutions. Prior to completing the application, the student must seek approval from the Director of Admissions. The request for approval must include the field of study of the degree being sought at each institution and the courses to be included. The student must demonstrate that s/he will be taking at least 30 credits that are not in the other degree program. The 30 credits must be in the concentration and a minimum of 15-18 must be at the upper level.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
To be more specific, here's what happened. I did decide to skip the Psych Bachelor's (unless finances really improve, but even then, that money could go to another grad program).

But I am enrolling in NMJC because of the Pell Grant money, and saw their AA requirements and how close I am. So I wondered about an AA in Psych. It's just that working on the AA Psych seemed to mess up any future option for the BA Psych, so it got confusing. Now that I think about it, the AA Psych doesn't really change my COSC possibilities, since the credits are LL anyway.

So I am back to my original plan which is BSBA (w/ASNSM along the way). Then Masters.

The only thing I'm still wondering is if I go a little out of my way for an AA with Psych (or Sociology) concentration at NMJC. (Because of already taking NMJC classes due to the Pell Grant, I'd just have to choose classes in the same field.) Maybe I should skip it, because "junior college" doesn't sound good and it's just an AA/AS. But I think it would not cost me anything extra, and it would just mean weeks of extra work (days spent writing English papers and reading Lit). I'm also interested in the AA in Criminal Justice just for fun. Actually, I feel that basic CJ knowledge is somewhat relevant to the "helping people" careers. So I think I should one of the three as they would be fun and interesting classes. (I wish I didn't have to do English papers.)

Edit: Also, Sociology seems somewhat related to Business/Management.

Edit: Psychology seems most practical and has some chance of increasing my income, I guess. (Not a lot.) But a bit boring since I've done most of the material before. Sociology seems the most interesting and I think I would learn the most. CJ seems like it might be easy while also being interesting.

videogamesrock Wrote:You can do the degrees concurrently.

That would be ideal, but I think the money would be a bottleneck and I would be wishing I had just done one and finished it.

Actually, the AA in Psych from NMJC, skip the extra BA sounds like a plan. You'll likely need the psych courses with grades for your Master's application, so doing them at a JC to get your AA makes sense.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,440 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 557 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  I'm getting another Bachelor's degree nomaduser 21 1,891 10-20-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  These associate degree majors lead to higher incomes than a 4-year bachelor's. LevelUP 4 559 10-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 3,873 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  Mexican Bachelor of Engineering programs US$4200 elcastor21 2 409 08-31-2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Canada: 2x Unemployed Bachelor's holders than vacancies requiring Bachelor's Degrees JPN 1 589 05-28-2023, 06:12 PM