Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second minor?
I thought I remembered someone adding an additional minor to their BA? Did I make that up lol! If you decided to do it what degree did you go for and how many additional classes did you have to take?

I’m on my last leg of my BA Business Admin management & leadership degree and I’m wondering if I could add a project management concentration or potentially a second degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know a couple of people here have added another minor/concentration to their degree! How many additional classes you need depends on the minor/concentration.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-01-2021, 07:04 PM)oroseeo Wrote: I thought I remembered someone adding an additional minor to their BA? Did I make that up lol! If you decided to do it what degree did you go for and how many additional classes did you have to take?

I’m on my last leg of my BA Business Admin management & leadership degree and I’m wondering if I could add a project management concentration or potentially a second degree.

You can add minors. You just need to ask your advisor to add it and complete the requirements for the minor. Do you want the PM minor or concentration? They're 2 different things. A second concentration will not create a second degree. You're still complete the BA Business Admin but with 2 concentrations.
I was leaning towards the concentration but is it possible to get the BLS in project management and the BA? Or another BLS with the BA?

(09-01-2021, 07:41 PM)oroseeo Wrote: I was leaning towards the concentration but is it possible to get the BLS in project management and the BA? Or another BLS with the BA?

You'll need to speak to Jessica about adding the BLS. I am not sure you can complete them together. For a second degree, you need to complete an additional 30 credits at UMPI. Keep that in mind. It's not just completing the minor. The BLS has minors. The BA has concentrations. The concentrations require more courses than the minors.

You won't get a BLS in Project Management. The BLS is the Bachelor's of Liberal Studies. The degree would be a Bachelor's of Liberal Studies with a minor in Project Management.
(09-01-2021, 07:41 PM)oroseeo Wrote: I was leaning towards the concentration but is it possible to get the BLS in project management and the BA? Or another BLS with the BA?

Please talk to Jessica, don't do the guesswork! 
She is the best person to answer all questions about degree planning.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
I decided I’m going to leave it as is and just go ahead with what I have Smile I’ve already met all my requirements for graduation and I’ll save my energy to start my MBA journey next year. Thank you all for the info.

[-] The following 1 user Likes oroseeo's post:
  • ss20ts
(09-02-2021, 06:56 PM)oroseeo Wrote: I decided I’m going to leave it as is and just go ahead with what I have Smile I’ve already met all my requirements for graduation and I’ll save my energy to start my MBA journey next year. Thank you all for the info.

A second degree is more work. I'm doing it right now. I have to complete an additional 30 credits besides what I have already completed for my BLS.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLS with a minor in Information Systems or BBA PM & IS ZO10 23 769 Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Educational Studies Minor Adrian245 11 1,568 03-26-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 272 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  Completed! BAS Minor in Info Systems & Project Management mohelena02 4 422 02-25-2024, 07:14 PM
  Umpi BLS educational studies minor VincentB 1 204 02-20-2024, 04:09 AM
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 3 252 02-18-2024, 12:42 PM
  UMPI B.A.S MIS minor Eligibility Question Nobi 7 486 02-17-2024, 02:31 PM
  major/minor question ouiarenotamuzed 2 391 01-30-2024, 04:32 PM
Last Post: ouiarenotamuzed
  UMPI Bachelor of liberal studies-management minor - Start to finish in 5 months Federicojavier 61 11,513 12-30-2023, 11:22 AM
  Mayday! One more course for History minor: what are my options? Junco 5 430 12-03-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts