Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking help for Degree finishing
Hello everyone Smile

First of all i want to thank every Member of this Forum, i dont know exactly how many hours i spented here, but it was a lot.

Short previous Story summary : I am Frederik 25 years old and from Germany, i started my academic career at a german University in the field of Mechanical Engineering. 3 years ago i became agoraphobia, i couldnt leave my house anymore. I tried to find a possibility to continoue my study, but in Germany and generally in Europe it was not possible. In Germany Colege is for free so you dont save money for that, and the Colleges in the USA, lets say i didnt saw a chance to pay for it. Than i found this Forum and the possibility to safe money with Ace Credits. You guys saved my life and helped me out of a deep hole. I started taking courses and in 2 Weeks i completed about 70 Cedits. Normally 6-9 Credits per day.

Now my questions: Please give me some advice how to finish the job and getting to go to the Master and Ph. Dr.

When I am informed correctly from the Big 3 is just Excelsior left. Without the need of RA Credits. Another opportunity would be UMPI. But i have read here that you have to attend two rounds, because not all courses are available each term, so it would take me a while longer. Normally 30 Credits in two months should be easy (I am fulltime student 12 hours a day 7 days a week). So i guess it would be faster to go the Excelsior way but more expensive?

2. A list of my Credits from Germany which are evaluated with WES.

Human Biology LL (3)
College Algebra LL (3)
Intro Statistics LL (3)
Art History 1 and 2 LL (6)
Macroeconimics LL (3)
Introduchtion to College  Math (3) LL
Enviromental Science LL (3)
Developing Teams LL (1)
Introduction Finance LL (3)
UX Design LL (3)
UX Design UL (3)
Web Design LL (3)
Career Development LL (1)
Intro to data Analytics LL (3)
Intro SQL Programming LL (3)
Intro Python Programming LL (3)
Advanced Data Analysis UL (3)
Intro Project Management LL (3)
Project Management UL (3)
Agile Project Management LL (3)
Intro in Information Technology LL (3)
Intro Webdesign LL (3)
Communication Visualisation LL (3)
Intro Business Management LL (3)

German Evaluated credits

CAD 1 2.5
Basics of production Engineering 1 and 2 with Lab 5
Engineering Mechanics 2.5
Material Science 1 and 2 with Lab 5.5 

When I would take the German Exam for Example it would give me in the Opic Superior & UL and 6 LL

Now i would like to know what would be the best goal for me in time effectivness and the coast opproach 
Not to forget the Sophia 10 Percent Discount on Excelsior Tuition
Thanks for reading Smile))))
Excelsior and UMPI are your best options, Excelsior for max transfer of credits or UMPI because you're going at 6-9 credits a day! Wow, that's speedy!  Where did you start getting your credits? Coursera, Sophia.org, XAMK, and some other provider?  

You can apply to both Excelsior and UMPI, it's free and you already have an evaluation from WES, send a second duplicate evaluation and see where you stand.  

I suggest getting more general education/elective credits that map out to BOTH Excelsior BSLA and UMPI BLS MIS, in fact, you may want to create a spreadsheet and post all your credits to compare the two.

Use the spreadsheet for reference and tracking purposes in addition to compare the two.  Work on Sophia.org and other ACE providers such as InstantCertCredit, Saylor.org, Study.com, etc to get the remaining lower/upper level.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If it matters to you, Excelsior and UMPI are both rated as H+ in Anabin.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(05-05-2022, 11:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Excelsior and UMPI are your best options, Excelsior for max transfer of credits or UMPI because you're going at 6-9 credits a day! Wow, that's speedy!  Where did you start getting your credits? Coursera, Sophia.org, XAMK, and some other provider?  

You can apply to both Excelsior and UMPI, it's free and you already have an evaluation from WES, send a second duplicate evaluation and see where you stand.  

I suggest getting more general education/elective credits that map out to BOTH Excelsior BSLA and UMPI BLS MIS, in fact, you may want to create a spreadsheet and post all your credits to compare the two.

Use the spreadsheet for reference and tracking purposes in addition to compare the two.  Work on Sophia.org and other ACE providers such as InstantCertCredit, Saylor.org, Study.com, etc to get the remaining lower/upper level.

Thanks for the reply Smile
I made 3 Professional certifications for free with coursera (you have 7 days to test, i needed 4).
Than Saylor Algebra for 5 USD 
And 15.5 Credits at my German University of applied Science.
The rest i made in 10 days at Sophia.
So totally 5 USD 284 for WES and 99 for Sophia.
And 86.5 Credits.
Yeah you are right i forgot in my Credit hunt the most important Part to make a spreadsheet to look at my needs.
I would favour for the  Science approach at Excelsior, but normally Computer Science and Enginnering are both parts of science.
Thanks for the new ressources for Credits i farmed Sophia and even when Saylor is a dream for 5 USD the course work has many errors and is hard to not fall asleep when you read it Big Grin

(05-05-2022, 11:52 AM)Flelm Wrote: If it matters to you, Excelsior and UMPI are both rated as H+ in Anabin.

Yeah thats true Smile
I was wondering if its true that u need two terms with umpi. Because someone i mean it was a year ago said to someone you need two terms,because not every course is available in every term. When could go for one term it would be very cheap. But when i would have to take two terms it would be nearly the same than excelsior. The process fee at excelsior is listed with transfer per credit, do  they mean credits i do with them or Credits that i transfer to them ? Because 113 multiplied with 25 USD would be a Killer. 

Umpi would be 3000 in two terms plus the need of the very expensive Study.com or straighter line 

Excelsior 
7x 510x 0.90 =3213
 +7x 28=196
+7x 20=140
+125 Graduation
Sum = 3674 USD
UMPI used to not have every course available every session, but now they do. If you transfer in as much as you can and you work quickly, it is possible to finish at UMPI in a single session for $1400.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-05-2022, 01:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote: UMPI used to not have every course available every session, but now they do. If you transfer in as much as you can and you work quickly, it is possible to finish at UMPI in a single session for $1400.

Thanks a lot Smile)

0:05 am now in Germany 
I will set up a credit Sheet tomorrow would be nice if someone can tell me where is romm for improvementSmile
UMPI is generally $1400-$4200 (1-3 terms) and you will still have to take 30cr there, and take some additional credits elsewhere.

EC is ~ $4000 for 7cr there, and you bring in 113cr. But, it's more flexible in some ways than UMPI - like you might be able to bring in a ton of credits via ACTFL exams, up to 12cr of UL and 12cr of LL just for the OPIc and WPT exams, and then another 6cr LL for the RPT and 6cr LL for the LPT. That's 12cr of UL and 24cr of LL for $318 in a matter of hours.

You have to create spreadsheets to show the differences in the cost, and decide from there what you're going to do.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If the other degrees through excelsior are the same as the nuclear, the capstone slows it down. It is a a full term (16 week) class that gets taken last, by itself. Classes are more traditional style. If you chose excelsior, based on the speed you are going with other classes, I would recommend your courses in half and taking the 8 week options, or you may get bored with it being slow. So, if you have 4 classes plus capstone, for example, take two in Summer 1 term, 2 in summer 2 term, then take capstone in fall. Assuming all of the degrees are same as the nuclear with regards to the capstone, you have to catch it just right for it not to take at least 8 months. Unless, of course, you submit a special request and get it approved to take capstone at the same time as other classes.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
(05-06-2022, 06:09 AM)Insert Name Wrote: If the other degrees through excelsior are the same as the nuclear, the capstone slows it down. It is a a full term (16 week) class that gets taken last, by itself. Classes are more traditional style. If you chose excelsior, based on the speed you are going with other classes, I would recommend your courses in half and taking the 8 week options, or you may get bored with it being slow. So, if you have 4 classes plus capstone, for example, take two in Summer 1 term, 2 in summer 2 term, then take capstone in fall. Assuming all of the degrees are same as the nuclear with regards to the capstone, you have to catch it just right for it not to take at least 8 months. Unless, of course, you submit a special request and get it approved to take capstone at the same time as other classes.

When we suggest EC here, it's generally for just the Cornerstone, Info Lit, and Capstone courses.  A total of 7cr.  You can take the courses as 8week options, and do the Cornerstone & Info Lit in one 8wk term and the capstone in another 8wk term
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-06-2022, 06:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 06:09 AM)Insert Name Wrote: If the other degrees through excelsior are the same as the nuclear, the capstone slows it down. It is a a full term (16 week) class that gets taken last, by itself. Classes are more traditional style. If you chose excelsior, based on the speed you are going with other classes, I would recommend your courses in half and taking the 8 week options, or you may get bored with it being slow. So, if you have 4 classes plus capstone, for example, take two in Summer 1 term, 2 in summer 2 term, then take capstone in fall. Assuming all of the degrees are same as the nuclear with regards to the capstone, you have to catch it just right for it not to take at least 8 months. Unless, of course, you submit a special request and get it approved to take capstone at the same time as other classes.

When we suggest EC here, it's generally for just the Cornerstone, Info Lit, and Capstone courses.  A total of 7cr.  You can take the courses as 8week options, and do the Cornerstone & Info Lit in one 8wk term and the capstone in another 8wk term
Oh. An 8 week capstone isn’t an option for the BSNET. I REALLY wish it was. As of Sunday, that’s the only class I have left.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 5 98 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 117 11 hours ago
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,684 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 189 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,545 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 208 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 622 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,074 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 247 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,205 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK