Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self Paced Online Community College Courses
Information 
Seattle Central College

Was looking into self-paced online community colleges and stumbled upon this one which has a bunch of their courses available in a self-paced schedule. They're not terribly cheap nor are they terribly expensive at $600 for Washington residents and up to $700 for international students. Some of the offerings are fairly unique and they have about 38 courses including jazz, rock, hip hop, meteorology,  oceanography, linguistics, and plenty of the more common gen eds. * They're self-paced but you do have to complete them within 6 months.

Brochure and course list

Quote:Costs
Tuition cost per course is as follows:

• $600.25 for Washington State Residents

• $676.35 for Non–Residents (U.S. Citizen)

• $700.25 for International Students
All tuition includes a $20 non–refundable fee.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
Ooh, you found the brochure! I came across the registration site (seattlecolleges.edu) some time back, but I think I gave up because I couldn't find any info except that there are, indeed, self-paced classes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Nice find.
Nice, this is interesting... I just skimmed their catalog, all of the course are lower level. It would be amazing if they have upper level for someone to get a BALS or something at Excelsior or COSC/TESU. None the less, the use of these should hit the 30 RA credits if you need something "interesting" and "unique" from the RA institutions... pricing is a different matter though!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That provides some additional options for the American Studies concentration at COSC.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(01-11-2022, 04:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nice, this is interesting... I just skimmed their catalog, all of the course are lower level.  It would be amazing if they have upper level for someone to get a BALS or something at Excelsior or COSC/TESU.  None the less, the use of these should hit the 30 RA credits if you need something "interesting" and "unique" from the RA institutions... pricing is a different matter though!

For almost $700 per class as a US resident, you might as well take UMPI classes which is $1,400 for 8 weeks. You complete 2 classes and you're even. Complete 3 and the cost is less. You can then transfer those courses out of UMPI if you wish.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Holmes, Pikachu
There are quite a few interesting courses that I haven't seen anywhere else. If I have time I may partake in a course or two.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Self–Paced courses encompass a wide variety of requirements ranging from electives to Master's degrees and certificate programs.

Grad credits being available is huge! :O
> Nice, this is interesting... I just skimmed their catalog, all of the course are lower level

does any community college offer upper level credits ?

> Grad credits being available is huge! :O

what are you talking about
@bluebooger, for a while now, community colleges have been crossing the line with the creation of applied degrees at the Bachelors level and some have gone over to offering Masters.  I would never have guessed they would have the permission from the state, but I guess if there is a need for those offerings, it'll be possible.

Here's an example, Austin CC offering 3 Bachelors now: https://www.austincc.edu/news/2021/11/tr...ate-degree
Their BAS in Software Development seems pretty good too: https://www.austincc.edu/academic-and-ca...evelopment

Another example, Red Rocks CC offering a couple of Bachelors and a Masters in Physician Assistant.  I was searching for PA programs and came across this one at a community college level, I had to do a double take as I've not seen many offer Masters at all!

Link: RRCC Academic Programs | Red Rocks Community College  Link: Degree & Certificate Programs | Red Rocks Community College (rrcc.edu)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,701 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  ASU's non-proctored courses rachel83az 66 13,452 02-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 275 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 355 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  South Texas College CBE Construction, HVACR, & Electrician Technology Jonathan Whatley 2 385 12-09-2023, 05:25 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Are there any online colleges with recorded or live video lectures? whiverem 15 971 11-17-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: whiverem
  College Mascots ItsNeverTheLionsYear 17 946 11-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  The official guide to self-study RA courses from ASU, BYU, UIdaho, etc. rachel83az 50 31,570 11-10-2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jch
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,183 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,157 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM