Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Self-paced online courses from University of North Dakota (UND)
(09-01-2022, 11:17 AM)bluebooger Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 09:31 AM)nomaduser Wrote: They also require high GRE math score:

"Strong GRE Quantitative and Analytical scores. (Typical acceptable scores are near 160 for the quantitative section or 4.0 or better on the new Analytical Writing section.) "

is this it ?

sample questions
https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/..._reasoning

overview           
https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/..._reasoning

Lol yeah, elementary math again
(09-01-2022, 09:40 AM)sarahmac Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 06:31 AM)dfrecore Wrote: SNHU is $320/cr, and they take 90cr of ACE.  I think a full math degree there would end up costing less than TESU ($9600 for 30 graded credits).

Is this presuming you only take RA math classes? Because TESU's math degree can be done almost entirely with alt credit. The only math class you have to take in the 16 cr term is Calc 3..

A: Calculus I 3SH
SDC, SL or Sophia
B: Calculus II 3SH
SL
C: Calculus III 3SH
TESU (UL)
D: Linear Algebra 3SH
Coopersmith (UL)
E: Probablty/Stats 3SH
Sophia or TECEP if you're mil-affiliated

F: AOS Electives 15SH
STA-399 Special Topics in Statistics - Advanced SAS Programmer, Coursera, free in 7 day free trial (UL)
SDC Discrete Math
SDC Geometry
CSM Learn BUS-210 Quantitative Skills Business
Coopersmith (UL)

G: Add'l AOS Elect 12SH
Random Natural Sciences, Math and/or Computer Sciences. Choose UL as needed.
Plan above already has 12 UL, only actually need 1 more plus capstone. SDC has a couple CS UL courses in case you wanted to dual-AOS Math/CS. LL CS courses can be got free from Coursera in the free trial window for some of the shorter IBM certs (i.e. R, Python).

Bold emphasis mine - I completed the Advanced SAS Programmer certificate from Coursera and got this response when I sent he credly transcript:

08/18/22

We have not added transfer credit for the recommendations from SAS ADVANCED PROGRAMMER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE administered through Coursera because they have not yet been reviewed by TESU.

Corporate Providers that offer courses with ACE/NCCRS credit recommendations that are not previously reviewed by TESU approved list will be reviewed to determine what equivalency if any should be awarded. Should it be determined that the course meets TESU standards for college level coursework we will add the credit to your record in accordance with TESU transfer credit policies.

This process can take up to 8 weeks. We will notify you of the outcome when it is completed.

Are they just BSing me? Your post shows it already has a TESU equivalent , right?  (and not a useful one to me unfortunately)
(09-05-2022, 02:41 AM)Blckbuster Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 09:40 AM)sarahmac Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 06:31 AM)dfrecore Wrote: SNHU is $320/cr, and they take 90cr of ACE.  I think a full math degree there would end up costing less than TESU ($9600 for 30 graded credits).

Is this presuming you only take RA math classes? Because TESU's math degree can be done almost entirely with alt credit. The only math class you have to take in the 16 cr term is Calc 3..

A: Calculus I 3SH
SDC, SL or Sophia
B: Calculus II 3SH
SL
C: Calculus III 3SH
TESU (UL)
D: Linear Algebra 3SH
Coopersmith (UL)
E: Probablty/Stats 3SH
Sophia or TECEP if you're mil-affiliated

F: AOS Electives 15SH
STA-399 Special Topics in Statistics - Advanced SAS Programmer, Coursera, free in 7 day free trial (UL)
SDC Discrete Math
SDC Geometry
CSM Learn BUS-210 Quantitative Skills Business
Coopersmith (UL)

G: Add'l AOS Elect 12SH
Random Natural Sciences, Math and/or Computer Sciences. Choose UL as needed.
Plan above already has 12 UL, only actually need 1 more plus capstone. SDC has a couple CS UL courses in case you wanted to dual-AOS Math/CS. LL CS courses can be got free from Coursera in the free trial window for some of the shorter IBM certs (i.e. R, Python).

Bold emphasis mine - I completed the Advanced SAS Programmer certificate from Coursera and got this response when I sent he credly transcript:

08/18/22

We have not added transfer credit for the recommendations from SAS ADVANCED PROGRAMMER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE administered through Coursera because they have not yet been reviewed by TESU.

Corporate Providers that offer courses with ACE/NCCRS credit recommendations that are not previously reviewed by TESU approved list will be reviewed to determine what equivalency if any should be awarded. Should it be determined that the course meets TESU standards for college level coursework we will add the credit to your record in accordance with TESU transfer credit policies.

This process can take up to 8 weeks. We will notify you of the outcome when it is completed.

Are they just BSing me? Your post shows it already has a TESU equivalent , right?  (and not a useful one to me unfortunately)

When they award you credit, they list the date the credit was "completed". The only credit I completed on 08/10 was the SAS Advanced Programmer course. I didn't complete anything for several weeks before it or after it.

.png   screenshot 1 math.png (Size: 68.94 KB / Downloads: 20)

.png   screenshot 2 math.png (Size: 141.02 KB / Downloads: 15)

Is it possible they made a mistake? Yeah. In that case, I seriously hope they don't notice. Their policy states they can retract credit if it was awarded in error.

This was done on 08/25 so it is also possible they haven't updated yours yet.
It's hard to say, I think TESU has gone the way of COSC (at least with the MOOC Certs with ACE credit recommendations). They may be moving to the "approved provider directory" option where the MOOC will need to register and be either provisionally approved or permanently approved... They keep updating this list, COSC has drastically removed many providers from their list.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 242 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 55 9,314 03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 269 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,684 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  ASU's non-proctored courses rachel83az 66 13,436 02-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,501 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 653 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 270 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 350 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 761 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM