Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semi-Review of Straighterline's Anatomy and Physiology I and II
This is not a full review of SL's A&P courses because I did not start them. I asked for a refund once I learned a little more about the quizzes. You can see how many quizzes and tests are in each course before signing up, but you won't see how many questions there are or how much time you have to complete them. A&P I has 16 quizzes, a mid-term exam, and a final exam. Unlike Microbiology and Intro to Communication where you're given an hour to answer 20 or 25 questions, the A&P courses, which have 20 questions each, only give you 40 minutes for each quiz. That only gives you an average of 2 minutes to look up the answers. You would have to read the chapters beforehand, which is probably the point, but 16 quizzes plus two exams is excessive, imo. A&P II is the same, but it has 13 quizzes and two exams. I'd rather avoid the suffering and pay more for the Uexcel.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I've done both. They're tedious. The time limit for the exams is tighter than any of the more-than-a-few SL courses I've done. I did manage to pass both before I took the final, though. I should note that I took A&P at a CC when I was a senior in high school for high school credit (about 15 years ago) so it wasn't all new to me. I'm certain I learned more from that class than I did from the SL courses combined.

Aside from macroecon they were my least favorite courses from SL. They seemed to be designed more like a made-difficult-for-the-sake-of-difficulty scavenger hunt than a college course. That being said, they are bread-and-butter SL in that the questions are very ctrl-f friendly...
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
adavis84 Wrote:I've done both. They're tedious. The time limit for the exams is tighter than any of the more-than-a-few SL courses I've done. I did manage to pass both before I took the final, though. I should note that I took A&P at a CC when I was a senior in high school for high school credit (about 15 years ago) so it wasn't all new to me. I'm certain I learned more from that class than I did from the SL courses combined.

Aside from macroecon they were my least favorite courses from SL. They seemed to be designed more like a made-difficult-for-the-sake-of-difficulty scavenger hunt than a college course. That being said, they are bread-and-butter SL in that the questions are very ctrl-f friendly...

Hey adavis! Do you remember what the finals were like for the A&P courses with SL? I haven't been able to find any information about them at all. Does the final cover the material from the quizzes or is it just totally random? Thanks in advance! Smile
t3mama Wrote:Hey adavis! Do you remember what the finals were like for the A&P courses with SL? I haven't been able to find any information about them at all. Does the final cover the material from the quizzes or is it just totally random? Thanks in advance! Smile

The final and midterm are cumulative and comprised of questions identical in style to the quizzes. I'm not 100% on this, but I suspect strongly that SL pulls their quizzes/exams directly from a test bank produced by the makers of the assigned textbook, and that the sampling is done, more-or-less, at random. That is: they don't design/curate a quiz to represent the core concepts you should have learned in the chapter/unit, but rather use a random sampling of questions from the test bank that are associated with that chapter. As has been the case with some of the other SL courses I've taken, some questions that had already been asked on a quiz did appear on the final/midterm, however most were new.

Hope that helps!
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
Do you think these two courses are possible to complete in one month, back-to-back? I do intend to read the chapters & learn the material (as best that I can in a short amount of time). I'm just wondering if both courses in one month is feasible. Or, is it better to just take the full month & dedicate it to one course at a time?

Thanks for the input!
A&P I & II are the real deal. Reading your post brought back memories of how much I was not a fan of the weight felt doing them. I was over confident after finishing A&P I and thought II would be easier (practice makes perfect right?). It was just as painful but getting through them successfully was rewarding.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Silly_Me Wrote:Do you think these two courses are possible to complete in one month, back-to-back? I do intend to read the chapters & learn the material (as best that I can in a short amount of time). I'm just wondering if both courses in one month is feasible. Or, is it better to just take the full month & dedicate it to one course at a time?

Thanks for the input!

I'm sure you can race through them, but you might not learn and remember a lot. If you're trying to learn, it's still possible if you have a lot of hours and are good with learning from text.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 811 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 606 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Education Department to review guidance allowing revenue-share agreements with OPMs LevelUP 0 342 02-18-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia review Pre-WGU gams007 0 590 02-02-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,053 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  Institution or Professor review websites bjcheung77 2 775 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 864 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,614 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Arkansas State online MPA Review cardiacclep 22 6,810 06-22-2021, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,267 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk