Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending Acclaim/Credly to WGU?
Has anyone sent WGU an ACE transcript via Credly? I sent one last week and it looks like they labeled it an "Invalid - Unofficial" Sophia transcript (not even ACE). Sent it again (thank god it's free), but I was wondering if anyone else had tried since the fumble transition.
I originally sent my ACE transcript via the "old" way(right before it ended). Right before my program started I sent the new credly/acclaim transcript for good measure and they never acknowledged it. I guess you'd have to reach out to your enrollment counselor to see if they know the best way to send it but you may have to send individual transcripts from each provider(SDC, SL, Sophia, etc).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I think you might need to try sending it through parchment.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(04-10-2021, 04:45 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I originally sent my ACE transcript via the "old" way(right before it ended). Right before my program started I sent the new credly/acclaim transcript for good measure and they never acknowledged it. I guess you'd have to reach out to your enrollment counselor to see if they know the best way to send it but you may have to send individual transcripts from each provider(SDC, SL, Sophia, etc).

Thanks for the datapoint. I'm trying to get them to accept CSMLearn, my original application had an "old" ACE transcript and they didn't acknowledge it, and I wasn't sure if they still even have the old transcript to appeal against. Guess I've got a phone call to make.
(04-10-2021, 07:13 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I think you might need to try sending it through parchment.

Would be nice if Parchment and ACE are affiliate-  ACE does not show up under  Schools or organization.
University of Maine at Presque Isle

- - - - Degrees Awarded - - - - -

Graduate: Masters Organizational Leadership (MAOL)
Degree Honors| Summa Cum Laude| Deans List
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Plan| Business Administration Major
Plan| Project Management
Degree Honors: Cum Laude
[Image: AlumniLogo600-300x300.jpg]

(04-15-2021, 07:47 PM)tpowell Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:13 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I think you might need to try sending it through parchment.

Would be nice if Parchment and ACE are affiliate-  ACE does not show up under  Schools or organization.

ACE doesn't but Sophia does.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-15-2021, 07:47 PM)tpowell Wrote:

ACE is the organization that recommends college credit - but each individual course provider is what would need to decide to use Parchment if they wanted to.  ACE doesn't have courses or exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It's the course provider that sends the information to Credly for storage of your ACE credits now. Essentially, if your school accepts credits from the provider directly, then you can skip Credly for the ACE credits. If not, then you just send it to Credly and credly will send all related badges and or transcripts to the institution... For example, TESU can take Study.com and StraighterLine courses directly. For Excelsior, they can also take the courses from them and from NCCRS sources directly.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just an FYI for those looking to Transfer ACE credits to WGU.

Well after running round and round with WGU for the past couple of months about ACE credits, I have the FINAL answer from them.

They DO NOT accept ACE credits from a Credly transcript because they do not list a grade. I pointed out that you must obtain a C or better to receive the ACE credit, but seems WGU is not interested in that. Even though they do not list a grade for their classes-Just a B minimum.
I was informed it must be an original transcript from where you took the class with a grade. I was able to send the Sophia credits through parchment but I'm just out of Luck for my ALEXS collage Algebra credit. I may just take the class again through Sophia.

Kinds Regards,
R
[-] The following 1 user Likes Remdaddy's post:
  • dbinghamjr
Disappointing, but good information. Thanks.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems getting WGU to accept Credly/ACE transcripts? raekwon 10 3,143 07-19-2022, 12:05 PM
Last Post: raekwon