Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending TOEFL scores to TESU
Sad 
Has anyone here had any luck sending their TOEFL scores to TESU?

I've applied on the 21st of December, but got told I need a TOEFL/IELTS. I missed that part, so I quickly scheduled one for the 29th of December. I've received my scores on the 10th of January.
I've messaged TESU a few times since, and they've always claimed to have not received it yet. Yesterday I called ETS, and they confirmed they should have already sent it on the 11th.

Today I got that in writing as well (along with a mention that the school as access to "ETS Data Manager" to view scores electronically, and forwarded it to admissions. Their reply was that I should request the scores to be sent by mail to the Office of the Registrar.

Is this real, or did I just get someone incompetent?
Wow, that's crazy! Yeah, I think you got someone incompetent.

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student
Quote:Students are responsible for taking either the TOEFL or IELTS and having the official scores sent to the Office of the Registrar at Thomas Edison State University by the Educational Testing Service (ETS).

https://www.tesu.edu/about/registrar/index -> https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/send-transcripts
Quote:Please ask your former institutions to send your transcripts to TESU electronically as we are operating remotely. There may be a delay in processing mailed transcripts. If an email address is needed to send your transcripts electronically, please send them to transcripts@tesu.edu.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Arto
It seems I’ve received some very incompetent help on both ends. ETS just replied that they sent me false information, and the scores were really sent my paper mail.
Ouch. I hope this gets straightened out for you soon. Sad
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
An update on this:

- the last message from TESU was on the 20th of January, so on 9th of Feb I asked the admissions counselor if they received anything
- Reply came an hour later, from the office of the registrar, that they received scores on the 26th of Jan. Looks like the forgot to notify me like they said they would Sad
- I replied back, asking if there’s anything missing, as website says it takes two weeks for the international admissions decisions, which came out to be the same day.
- I get a reply that I should ask that from the admissions office. This was the same ticket/thread I used to talk to them, so this was unexpected.
- I send an email to the admissions office on the 10th of February, no replies.
- I sent one again today, still no replies.

Is this normal experience with this university? I feel like I’m talking to Vogons…
Unfortunately, yes, it's common with TESU. If you are the typical American student and have little/no need of contact with the administration, everything is good. If you fall outside of the standard, they have problems figuring out what to do with you.

How is your spoken English? Are you able to call them? If you can call them, that might be the fastest/easiest way to get this resolved.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Forgot to update this!

I ended up calling them based on your suggestion, but I got someone who was less then helpful. I was not in a rush so I emailed them a few times, without any luck.

In the end, I sent an email with the subject "Have I been blacklisted?" and to my surprise I got a reply a few hours later, and my application was accepted next day. Looks like clickbait email subjects work better than phone calls ?

All in all, it took

- 51 days from the time ETS sent the TOEFL scores until approval, or
- 36 days from the time they received the scores until approval.

A bit more than 2 weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes speedrunner's post:
  • rachel83az
Really? The majority of times if they don't respond to my emails, I call them after I get a little impatient of waiting... But wow, that's a first, could be coincidence. Anyways, congrats on getting everything in and now you can start or continue on your journey of getting credits towards the degree of your choice!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Strange that calling them didn't help. But I'm glad that you finally got this resolved! Don't hesitate to reach out here if you need any more help with putting your degree plan together. Smile
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Its crazy period of time to finish straight forward task.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,308 1 hour ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 523 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27