Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shameless Fundraising Plug
The backstory is: I'm going to Africa next year! For as long as possible (sky is the limit, but realistically hoping for >2mo.)... My itinerary includes a refugee camp and orphanage in Kenya, inner city program & wildlife rehab center in South Africa, a lion reserve in Zimbabwe, and various other orphanages and wildlife programs if I can get there. Needless to say, this takes a good deal of money. I have enough saved for my plane tickets and miscellaneous supplies, but now I need to start hacking away at the program fees (all the programs are volunteer-funded.) I'm working my butt off, applying for a second job, and scrimping everywhere, but I also have to fundraise. In a desperate attempt to not flat-out beg for money, I'm getting creative!

Introducing coffee bag wallets!!!!

Cute, practical, great-smelling, and very eye-catching... Made from recycled coffee bags, very eco if you're into that Tongue I'm on eBay and Etsy, but if anyone on IC wants to buy one through Paypal I would be happy to bypass those sites to save us both the fees Wink

Upcycled Coffee Bag Wallet unique gift Starbucks billfold recycled eco cute | eBay
Upcycled coffee bag wallet recycled eco gift by ragstoafrica

(I will be getting a fresh batch of bags to work with next week. If you like the wallet but don't like the pattern, check again when I have more variety)

Spread the word to everyone you know Big Grin
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
OK, so it wasn't that shameless! You peoples could at least look at the thread Tongue
OK I just bought one of the awesome Starbucks wallets through your ebay link. The Geez will be styling in 2012Smile
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
PonyGirl93 Wrote:The backstory is: I'm going to Africa next year! For as long as possible (sky is the limit, but realistically hoping for >2mo.)... My itinerary includes a refugee camp and orphanage in Kenya, inner city program & wildlife rehab center in South Africa, a lion reserve in Zimbabwe, and various other orphanages and wildlife programs if I can get there. Needless to say, this takes a good deal of money. I have enough saved for my plane tickets and miscellaneous supplies, but now I need to start hacking away at the program fees (all the programs are volunteer-funded.) I'm working my butt off, applying for a second job, and scrimping everywhere, but I also have to fundraise. In a desperate attempt to not flat-out beg for money, I'm getting creative!

Introducing coffee bag wallets!!!!

Cute, practical, great-smelling, and very eye-catching... Made from recycled coffee bags, very eco if you're into that Tongue I'm on eBay and Etsy, but if anyone on IC wants to buy one through Paypal I would be happy to bypass those sites to save us both the fees Wink

Upcycled Coffee Bag Wallet unique gift Starbucks billfold recycled eco cute | eBay
Upcycled coffee bag wallet recycled eco gift by ragstoafrica

(I will be getting a fresh batch of bags to work with next week. If you like the wallet but don't like the pattern, check again when I have more variety)

Spread the word to everyone you know Big Grin

While I have zero money today, I have facebook, consider your info shared.
Thank you uber much!!!! Big Grin
Fresh batch of bags!! I'm skipping eBay because I hate losing money on the fees... Listing all the wallets on a blog and accepting payment through Paypal Smile

Cool new patterns, even more coming in the next few days:
Rags to Africa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shameless Plug....Vote for Me futuremrsmlb 11 1,539 04-22-2016, 12:57 AM
Last Post: chattenoire