Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shmoop Credits?
(10-08-2019, 02:25 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: It would be a little hypocritical to not take Shmoop credits since Charter Oak themselves utilize Shmoop curriculum: https://www.charteroak.edu/bb/syllabi/en...llabus.php

And the plot thickens... lol
Both Excelsior and Charter Oak recently accepted a whack of Charter Oak credits. I think they accepted all of them and left off some of the free credits. The person had more than they could use. Didn't try TESU because they say they don't accept them.
(10-08-2019, 04:32 PM)Old Guy Wrote: Both Excelsior and Charter Oak recently accepted a whack of Charter Oak credits.  I think they accepted all of them and left off some of the free credits.  The person had more than they could use.  Didn't try TESU because they say they don't accept them.

Shmoop credits I assume
(10-08-2019, 04:32 PM)Old Guy Wrote: Both Excelsior and Charter Oak recently accepted a whack of **Shmoop** credits.  I think they accepted all of them and left off some of the free credits.  The person had more than they could use.  Didn't try TESU because they say they don't accept them.

Last evidence of COSC transcript acepting Shmoop credits in the forum is from November 2018... 

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...=cosc+bsba

Please, Correct me if there is more recent evidence
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Not much different, but December as well - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...as-UL-COSC
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(10-08-2019, 07:00 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 04:32 PM)Old Guy Wrote: Both Excelsior and Charter Oak recently accepted a whack of **Shmoop** credits.  I think they accepted all of them and left off some of the free credits.  The person had more than they could use.  Didn't try TESU because they say they don't accept them.

Last evidence of COSC transcript acepting Shmoop credits in the forum is from November 2018... 

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...=cosc+bsba

Please, Correct me if there is more recent evidence

May 2019 granted credit for all Shmoop courses (80 or so credits) from COSC and Excelsior.  Communication with CSU Global that they would accept the courses but they mistook an official transcript for an unofficial transcript and my relative dropped it because her courses didn't fit the program well.
I'm still waiting for a reply from COSC. I will say, in the past, although it may take awhile, they have always (eventually) responded. I will keep everyone updated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

UPDATE:

I was finally able to connect with Steve in Admissions at COSC over the pop up chat. Here is the conversation:
Me: I was thinking of taking some Shmoop courses (ACE credits) to transfer in. Do you accept Shmoop?
Steve: We do but you may want to look into other forms of credit. Here is a list of all the standardized exams we are able to accept and what they can count for: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...s_9.19.pdf
Me: Why do you say I should look into other forms?
Steve: We usually do not recommend Shmoop but if a student has already taken them we can review them for credit
Me: Is it because equivalencies are more difficult?
Steve: There is just a question as to the quality of their testing. So we are looking into it. Other schools are as well.

So there you have it. I, personally, wouldn't risk it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • Muldoon
Thanks for your research, TwinMom
(10-10-2019, 02:42 PM)TwinMom Wrote: So there you have it.  I, personally, wouldn't risk it.

I completed 10 courses in a month for $80.  Where's the risk?  That's $2.67 per credit - the price of a coffee.

Shmoop isn't especially easy.  I have good general knowledge.  There are 2 things to remember.  The pass mark is 70% and you have 2 tries at each exam.  I took all the exams cold.  Then I redid them one at a time, fully reading and understanding the writings in each lesson before doing the exam.  When I hit 70% average, I was done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 690 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 215 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 188 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,207 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 598 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 599 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,106 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 655 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,405 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 4,183 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded