Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shmoop Literature Courses Overview
(01-27-2018, 12:13 PM)originalamyj Wrote:
(01-27-2018, 12:16 AM)lovemocha5 Wrote: Hello, I need to take two literature courses and was wondering what the fastest and easiest courses I can take? I see that people were saying holocaust literature, but wanted to know most recently what people found to be easiest. Thanks!

Do you need them to be UL? If not, then I would suggest Bible as Literature. Shakespeare's Plays is UL. I found both of them to be quite straightforward.

My school just said they need to be humanities credit so anything literature would count. I have six credits left.
I'd do those two then. As most people have said, you may find other humanities courses from other providers a bit more straightforward, but from Shmoop these two are really doable.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(01-27-2018, 02:08 PM)originalamyj Wrote: I'd do those two then. As most people have said, you may find other humanities courses from other providers a bit more straightforward, but from Shmoop these two are really doable.

What would be the easiest Literature UL courses? I just want to make sure in case my school accepts them or not.
It seems like Shakespeare's Plays would be the easiest UL for sure. The next easiest, I think depends on who you ask, but probably either Modernist Lit or Women's Lit.

I would like to know too, so I can save time Smile Please report back about whatever UL you take.

(02-20-2018, 10:53 AM)Ideas Wrote: It seems like Shakespeare's Plays would be the easiest UL for sure. The next easiest, I think depends on who you ask, but probably either Modernist Lit or Women's Lit.

I would like to know too, so I can save time Smile Please report back about whatever UL you take.

I hope to finish two lit courses in a week to send over my scores to my school. I hear holocaust lit is easy as well.
(02-20-2018, 11:07 AM)lovemocha5 Wrote: I hope to finish two lit courses in a week to send over my scores to my school. I hear holocaust lit is easy as well.

Good luck. Let us know!

I'm on my third day and wow...shmoop is annoying indeed. Who said these courses were easy? I am having trouble trying to even pass.
(03-09-2018, 09:52 PM)lovemocha5 Wrote: I'm on my third day and wow...shmoop is annoying indeed. Who said these courses were easy? I am having trouble trying to even pass.

I've failed 2 of their "easy" courses because the questions on the exams are way too shmoopy. They also won't delete a lower score on a retake to take you from a 69 to a 71% Sad Haha it was worth a try asking them.

After those 2 fails I'm beyond frustrated with their system and I probably won't do any more courses through them. I really wanted my ULs there but I may have to just do other options.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
(03-09-2018, 09:52 PM)lovemocha5 Wrote: I'm on my third day and wow...shmoop is annoying indeed. Who said these courses were easy? I am having trouble trying to even pass.

Depends on what courses, because some are much easier. Also some people who already know the books very well find it easier. But in general, some people find it frustrating even if they know the books well. A lot of us don't think they are fun or easy.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Cheeseburrito
(03-10-2018, 09:16 AM)Ideas Wrote:

Depends on what courses, because some are much easier. Also some people who already know the books very well find it easier. But in general, some people find it frustrating even if they know the books well. A lot of us don't think they are fun or easy.

I just want to pass two courses by Monday. I am one point from passing holocaust literature but that means I’d have to retake my final which I reeeeeally don’t want to do, I’m afraid I won’t pass. And I started drugs in lit but holy shit it’s hard. I thought since I read most of the holocaust lit books it’d be okay but no....I was wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,425 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 981 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 705 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,208 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,889 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,040 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,079 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 597 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 336 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 711 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat