Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shmoop statistic to Cosc or Excelsior ?
Iknow Cosc is weird about Shmoop statistic.
Sometimes it is good enough for math reqeuirement, sometimes not.
How about Excelsior?

I start with csm learn Cosc dont accept these, Excelsior not sure i have send them a e-mail.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Sadly, information about how Shmoop courses transfer to COSC and EC is not presented in any official document/website

I almost 95% sure i will enroll in BSBA in COSC so im doing an in deep research about everything related to it.

The only source about how courses/credits are transfered are other users Transcript used as evidence.

Recently Elbebopkid (user of this forum) shares his transcript for BSBA at COSC: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

Based in his information we can see the next transfer pattern:

*Shmoop course (*Course to which it is transfer to COSC) -- *requirement that meets

SHMO 40 Comparative Goverment/Politics (POL205) -- Meets Global Understanding req
SHMO 49 Intro to Art History (FAR100) -- Meets Literatura and fine arts req
SHMO 59 Statistics (MAT105) -- Meets maths req
SHMO 45 Introduction to Chemestry (CHE101) -- Meets Additional Science Course (NO LAB Sciences Course)
SHMO 43 Psycology 101 (PSY101) -- Meet Social/Behavioral Science
SHMO 39 American National Goverment (POL150) -- Meets US History req
SHMO 55 Financial Accounting (ACC101) -- Meets Financial and Managerial Accounting req

SHMO 62 Prin of Management (MGT101) -- Meets Bus Major Foundations
SHMO 60 Introduction to Marketing (MKY220) -- Meets Bus Major Foundations
SHMO 54 Principes of Finance (FIN210) -- Meets Bus Major org Behavior
Yes iknow. It is a real pain to find good information. Im still not sure where i would like to enroll and how i reach that(toefl or not)
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
To save time you can work with those courses you know you will transfer to COSC or EC, and enroll when you have a better point of view.
Where did you hear that CSM doesn't transfer to COSC? I was just about to pay for that course.
(08-16-2019, 10:36 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Where did you hear that CSM doesn't transfer to COSC? I was just about to pay for that course.

It comes in as a liberal arts free credit but doesn't fulfill the math requirement.  It's on their website plus CSM was online here in a previous thread and confirmed it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • CSMlearn
(08-16-2019, 12:35 PM)TwinMom Wrote: It comes in as a liberal arts free credit but doesn't fulfill the math requirement.  It's on their website plus CSM was online here in a previous thread and confirmed it.

Okay. I was going to take it for educational purposes. Somehow I made it through College Algebra at a tech school, but wanted to finish it because it seems interesting. I just didn't want to put time and money into it if it wouldn't transfer at all. Thanks for clarifying!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bethanyneedsajob's post:
  • CSMlearn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,491 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  Will Sophia automatically send transcripts to Excelsior? browniebo 2 716 08-24-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: browniebo
  Transfer Credits to Excelsior BALS rrenzo8519 9 1,474 11-18-2021, 03:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Coopersmith UL rzig 5 1,362 08-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  COSC Natural Science with Lab Seagull 6 1,224 02-16-2021, 12:27 PM
Last Post: jfarr41
  Acclaim just added all my Shmoop courses jsh1138 6 1,447 01-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
Sad Does anyone know what's happening with old Shmoop credits? Sort of freaking out. literalkev 10 1,844 09-17-2020, 10:08 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Project Management no longer upper level at COSC kevie 9 1,697 09-12-2020, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevie
  Shmoop ACE Plan Changes? Tedium 80 7,966 09-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Shmoop outside the Big 3 wow 9 1,545 08-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Last Post: wow