Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I take the Capstone and Information Literacy together?
Hey guys, 

Woooh I can't believe I'm asking about the capstone already. I've made great progress in just 1 year. I'm now only a couple of courses away from finishing my BA in Psychology at TESU. 

So about the Capstone and Information Literacy. What is the workload for both? Is it a good idea to take them together? What should I expect? 

Bonus question: When is the residency waiver due? Can I pay it after I finish the Capstone? 

Thanks.
I think you're not supposed to take them together. I think some people have been able to do so but that TESU usually wants you to finish Information Literacy before they'll let you take the capstone, even if you're already most of the way through your degree.

The residency waiver is due before you graduate. It can be paid before or after you finish the capstone. It's good for 12 months. It will be going up from $2800 to $3200 or $3225 on July 1st.
I am taking my BSBA Capstone right now. SOS:110 is not hard, but I would not want to take both classes at the same time. The Capstone has a significant amount of work and demands your focus.
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
Yes, the Capstone & Cornerstone is very doable together. I've written several times advising people to spend about 80/20 of their 12 weeks on the Capstone/Cornerstone. The Cornerstone is VERY straightforward, the key is time management and getting things down well before the deadlines. Update: The Bonus question was missed, you pay for the Residency Waiver after every single course is done, pay it along with the graduation fee.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rpmranger
While the capstone is a course you should put a lot of effort into, it's not so overwhelming that you need to waste a whole term taking it by itself. I say that as someone who initially tried to avoid TESU primarily because of the capstone requirement.

The cornerstone is literally an intro to college course. It's a freebie. Pairing these two up is a good idea.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
You should take them together if you want to graduate quicker. Also for aid purposes it makes thing easier.

But if you have doubts just take them separate.
It's not a terrible idea to take the cornerstone starting a month earlier than the capstone; then, when the capstone is starting to get busier, you complete the cornerstone and take a little off your plate. But you can do it however you want, TESU doesn't have terms like semesters, you can schedule classes however it's easier for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-16-2020, 02:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It's not a terrible idea to take the cornerstone starting a month earlier than the capstone; then, when the capstone is starting to get busier, you complete the cornerstone and take a little off your plate.  But you can do it however you want, TESU doesn't have terms like semesters, you can schedule classes however it's easier for you.

This is what I did and it was doable with a family and a full time job (and it was over the holidays in Nov and Dec). Expect to be spending a lot of time writing. I was very grateful for SOS-110 to be over so I could concentrate on just the Capstone.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Keep in mind too you can use the same research for both. So if you stagger them you can write on the same subject just do not self plagiarize.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
Taking both of them is an extremely wise idea. That's what I did and it was so easy since SOS-110 isn't much.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 362 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SOS 110 Information Literacy discounted through edx Microbachelor MNomadic 45 5,977 01-24-2024, 02:05 PM
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,042 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  EDx Information Literacy not accepted for Computer Science SOS-110 mt_1994 23 2,201 06-25-2023, 03:03 PM
  Contradictory Information Given by Admissions mariobros1985 6 711 05-10-2023, 03:53 PM
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 878 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Davar CS315 management information systems for tesu? CanICode 1 459 04-18-2023, 06:26 PM