Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should I test - DSST World Religions?
Hey everyone,
I have gone through the flash cards very extensivly for the last 18 days putting several hours a day into it. I went through from start to finish and got 81% on the flashcards. However, I have taken three petersons practice tests and have gotten 57/58/57 on the available ones.

I was wanting to test tommorow but i have never taken one of these tests and was looking for some advice on what to do about this.

Thanks for the help
If you're scoring 57/58 on practice tests you should be able to score in the 450 range if you take the test. Just take a deep breath and go for it, your confidence will grow with each test. After I passed my first dozen or so CLEP/DSST tests I became so (over)confident in my test-taking ability that I was walking into the Money and Banking DSST (reputed to be difficult) nearly cold and Marketing TECEPs stone cold (and passing all with respectable scores). Seeing as you only need ~50% to pass the test and you'll get some extra points from guessing, I recommend just getting it over with.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Thank you so much, Thats the only thing I was really worried about how the test was scaled towards a passing grade.... Im gonna go over the flash cards one more time and get in there tomorrow and knock it out... Thanks for the help and encouragment!
Spencebr Wrote:Thank you so much, Thats the only thing I was really worried about how the test was scaled towards a passing grade.... Im gonna go over the flash cards one more time and get in there tomorrow and knock it out... Thanks for the help and encouragment!
Intro to World Religions is not scaled. It's percentage based. http://www.dantes.doded.mil/Sub%20Pages/...s_1230.pdf

Sounds like you're ready! Go for it!
Thank you for providing that link, i feel great about it now , I figured I would need atleast a 70% to pass..

Another question I have for you is this scoring similar in CLEP exams or do you know where I can find this info. I'm in the military and have been trying to motivate one of my buddies who is VERY VERY computer smart but has no college experience. I figured having him take one of the practice exams for the Information Sytems and Computers would get him motivated but he only scored a 48%, is he very far off using the clep model?
Not a problem!

Now the CLEP does use the scaled system (as do the DSSTs that aren't revised). How well one will do depends on they actually do AND how well people before them have done. If he's computer savvy, he shouldn't have any problem with that one! Since he's in the military, the most he has to loose is 2 hours, and has an excellent chance of picking up 3 credits (taking a practice test beforehand though to gauge the difficulty is always a great idea though).
I just took the DSST World Religions and scored 458. Like you, I wasn't sure if I was ready and honestly didn't study much on two of the religions. You will do fine; not as difficult as you may think.
Hey guys thanks for all the help..... I finally got to test yesterday and got a 436!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 199 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 467 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 633 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,413 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Slowest student in the world... bjcheung77 1 433 05-22-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,396 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 398 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 931 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso