Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I transfer from ACE or from the course providers directly?
Hi folks, 

So I finally enrolled at TESU successfully after taking the TOEFL exam. I am equipped with 95 credits now but working on 19 credits more so I can have a total of 114 credits. However, my question is really about how to transfer. 

I took courses from SDC, SL, Sophia, and CSM. I have also added them all to my ACE account. Should I transfer from ACE to TESU? Or should I transfer from the course providers themselves to TESU? 

Thanks.
(04-25-2020, 11:26 AM)romoh Wrote: Hi folks, 

So I finally enrolled at TESU successfully after taking the TOEFL exam. I am equipped with 95 credits now but working on 19 credits more so I can have a total of 114 credits. However, my question is really about how to transfer. 

I took courses from SDC, SL, Sophia, and CSM. I have also added them all to my ACE account. Should I transfer from ACE to TESU? Or should I transfer from the course providers themselves to TESU? 

Thanks.
For me TESU only wanted SDC transcripts for their classes. All other providers they wanted it on ACE.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

In the case of study.com, you should send from the course provider because they have some classes with credit approval from NCCRS. These wouldn't transfer via ACE. The rest would be fine via ACE.

Just a note to anyone transferring to COSC. If transcripts are sent directly from the course provider, COSC will often award a letter grade based on the percentage earned in the course. This is potentially a benefit or a disadvantage, depending on whether you want graded credits or just pass/fail. The best strategy in that case would be to transfer courses with a B or better directly from the provider and then send the ACE transcript for pass/fail for the remaining credits. This, of course, is not an issue with TESU.
The only transcript I sent to TESU directly from ACE was for TEEX. Everyone else I requested they send to TESU and never had an issue. I know that Study.com they require it to come direct from the provider.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(04-25-2020, 11:36 AM)eriehiker Wrote: In the case of study.com, you should send from the course provider because they have some classes with credit approval from NCCRS.  These wouldn't transfer via ACE.  The rest would be fine via ACE.

Just a note to anyone transferring to COSC.  If transcripts are sent directly from the course provider, COSC will often award a letter grade based on the percentage earned in the course.  This is potentially a benefit or a disadvantage, depending on whether you want graded credits or just pass/fail.  The best strategy in that case would be to transfer courses with a B or better directly from the provider and then send the ACE transcript for pass/fail for the remaining credits.  This, of course, is not an issue with TESU.

Thank you for this information. I'm considering applying to COSC. I'm glad that I've been trying to get the best grades possible at Sophia. Do you know if I withdraw from any classes without getting a grade will that show up, too?
(04-25-2020, 01:14 PM)LongRoad Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 11:36 AM)eriehiker Wrote: In the case of study.com, you should send from the course provider because they have some classes with credit approval from NCCRS.  These wouldn't transfer via ACE.  The rest would be fine via ACE.

Just a note to anyone transferring to COSC.  If transcripts are sent directly from the course provider, COSC will often award a letter grade based on the percentage earned in the course.  This is potentially a benefit or a disadvantage, depending on whether you want graded credits or just pass/fail.  The best strategy in that case would be to transfer courses with a B or better directly from the provider and then send the ACE transcript for pass/fail for the remaining credits.  This, of course, is not an issue with TESU.

Thank you for this information. I'm considering applying to COSC. I'm glad that I've been trying to get the best grades possible at Sophia. Do you know if I withdraw from any classes without getting a grade will that show up, too?

I have never seen that happen.  I have looked at my direct transcripts from several alternative course providers and I have never seen any kind of incomplete on the transcripts.  Of course, things change and there are many different providers, so I will say it is 99% that this won't happen.
(04-25-2020, 01:14 PM)LongRoad Wrote:

If you don't finish a course at Sophia, it won't show up on your ACE transcript because you can't add it (you can only add courses you pass).

But for COSC, you can just not have them send anything you don't pass. Again, I don't think they issue anything for courses not passed, so it shouldn't be an issue. Besides which, W's don't count towards your GPA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I always say do ACE but bear in mind that TESU does not accept Study.com courses from ACE, only straight from Study.com itself. Other colleges take them from ACE though
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

So if you send pass/fail transcripts to COSC, they will award letter grades, and thus you then have graded credits and a GPA?
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...pid=299812

If you look at this discussion, there is an image of a COSC transcript. It shows some Davar credits that were transferred. Davar is NCCRS, so those credits never are placed on an ACE transcript, so a direct source provider transcript was sent. You will see on the transcript that COSC adds the actual Davar grade onto the transcript. That said, COSC does NOT use those grades when it calculates the overall GPA. On the transcript at this link, the student has a 4.0 from the Cornerstone and Capstone.

So you get graded credits, but no official GPA. Could you calculate your own GPA? Sure, as long as you are honest that it is not an official GPA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • ARhead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 125 4 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 223 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 315 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,754 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 842 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,048 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 512 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 788 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 632 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 730 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77